Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Does anyone wonder why GT Sport stopped getting night-time tracks? It got Bathurst and the Nordschleife on release and then I can't remember any new circuits that had the option.

Could it be that PD could not get reference material for night conditions, in order to make the lighting right?

Can we all just agree that a GT4 “Remaster” would be the best Christmas gift ever? D48C8563-9F64-4139-A2AE-570FE6C4F8E5.jpeg04493241-A5D1-4DB1-A6E9-365CDD3C1FC3.jpegEB19D2D4-E09E-4D59-82F8-A34894A411B1.jpeg

An interesting comparison of R32 GT-R models between GT SPORT and Forza (7?).
I hope the one in GTS will get changed the shape of its exhaust and the size of key cylinders on the door handles.
Then it'll be perfect.

That's always been my complain with Forza for a couple of generation already...

Although they recently have achieved such high levels of details, but their cars in Forza have always look and feel off because clearly it is not accurate...

They seem to have taken some deliberate choices that don't represent the actual car... GT is guilty of it as well, but not to this sort of visual...

The way I think about it is if you have 500 car, 700 cars... 1,200 cars... and you have the model already then you dont want to rehash something already "in the can".

People dont complain so why bother wasting resources on something already "done"?

Most of Forza's older models were made with some rather dated techniques. Basically working off of reference photos so the proportions are usually way off.

While I understand that games reuse assets to save time, the difference in quality is way too much to really justify this.

I also feel that because you reuse assets say in GTSport and GT Sport II on ps5 and say Turn10 uses them in FM mainstream and Forza Horizon then they should get it right but I suppose many many people here work in project management and you know full well that some things that arent quite right but no one complains just dont get looked at as there are *glaring huge problems* that swallow all your time and budget.

I also feel that because you reuse assets say in GTSport and GT Sport II on ps5 and say Turn10 uses them in FM mainstream and Forza Horizon then they should get it right but I suppose many many people here work in project management and you know full well that some things that arent quite right but no one complains just dont get looked at as there are *glaring huge problems* that swallow all your time and budget.

That is why it is so important to get things right the first time...

Kaz clearly understand that, and unfortunately I feel bad for Kaz that he always gets a bad rap from us complaining all the time about his tardiness.

The man knows the shortcomings from other car game developers, and he wants to avoid his team receiving these sort of complain, so PD aims for the highest
Quality....
So they always have the best base to work with...

That is why it is so important to get things right the first time...

Kaz clearly understand that, and unfortunately I feel bad for Kaz that he always gets a bad rap from us complaining all the time about his tardiness.

The man knows the shortcomings from other car game developers, and he wants to avoid his team receiving these sort of complain, so PD aims for the highest
Quality....
So they always have the best base to work with...
He's already 52 years old.

What track do you guys think will come back next? I think Silverstone is the obvious one, being a recent capture for GT6 or maybe something fresh.

As far as I know, I think the only real world tracks from GT6 left that still aren't present are Ascari, Daytona, Indianapolis, Silverstone and Twin Ring Motegi. Goodwood Hillclimb is debatable since it's a sprint course.

As for originals, I have a good hunch Midfield or Tokyo R246 could be next in the cards.

And as for rain, it's anyone's guess, really.

Tokyo R246
I wish this was true but I really doubt it as we got all the Tokyo Expressway tracks already. And for those I wish PD gave us some sort of connected one but without any actual lap stuff and a note free roam thing where you can take exits and run different routes. My inner Wangan and Kanjo racer needs this urgently :lol:

As far as I know, I think the only real world tracks from GT6 left that still aren't present are Ascari, Daytona, Indianapolis, Silverstone and Twin Ring Motegi. Goodwood Hillclimb is debatable since it's a sprint course.

As for originals, I have a good hunch Midfield or Tokyo R246 could be next in the cards.

And as for rain, it's anyone's guess, really.

Honestly, I've felt for a long time that Daytona and Indianapolis were "replaced" by Blue Moon Raceway this time around (especially when you consider that they added infield layouts as well) and, to a lesser extent Broad Bean.

Silverstone and any other "big hitter" real life race tracks will be left until the FIA events I suspect, so mid to end of 2020.

I think the pattern will be similar to 2019 for track releases, so February or March for an "original" circuit (Midfield Raceway was a lateish addition to GT6 so would be my bet), a real world track in April or May (Ascari or Motegi would both be good candidates for this, or a new to series track like Autopolis was).

Back