Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Honestly, I've felt for a long time that Daytona and Indianapolis were "replaced" by Blue Moon Raceway this time around (especially when you consider that they added infield layouts as well) and, to a lesser extent Broad Bean.

Silverstone and any other "big hitter" real life race tracks will be left until the FIA events I suspect, so mid to end of 2020.

I think the pattern will be similar to 2019 for track releases, so February or March for an "original" circuit (Midfield Raceway was a lateish addition to GT6 so would be my bet), a real world track in April or May (Ascari or Motegi would both be good candidates for this, or a new to series track like Autopolis was).

Is Daytona replaced because of finance and pricing similar to Spa ?

So I've upgraded from my trusty old G29 to a Fanatec CSL Elite today, and GT Sport feels like a completely different game with the new wheel!!! Bumps and kerbs are so much more detailed, the force feedback is stronger but also tighter and more precise, its been brilliant and already seems worth the price...

This is already in SuperGT?

But this is GT300? So are we expecting and updated Gr.3 version?
They way PD and Toyota are working together and/or bringing Toyota products to this game, I wouldn't bet against the Super GT500 and this GT300 coming at some point.

Could be the age of the Supra. We've seen the GT-R have multiple variants in the franchise. The 350Z, Toyota 86. Now, various versions of the A90 Supra. From FT-1 concept to the 2019 cars.

Haven't played any the past days so this morning was excited to put in some qt laps for this week's dailies. After doing about 10 laps on race A, I moved on to Mt Dejavu, and immediately noticed something was wrong with the throttle. Quick web search and I found an exact match on the problem:

So it is broken.. checked my receipt to see if I still had warranty; purchased 2018-12-27. Wow.. 1 day to spare! Went to the store where I purchased it to have it replaced. Turned out there was not one controller available in their stores in the whole country. ****. They offered me the money back, but since I bought it discounted, the money wouldn't buy me a new wheel. The clerk checked some competitors sites and noticed that another electronics store nearby had it for about 65$ more than what I'd paid. This was actually the current best price anywhere for the G29. He gave me that amount in cash so that I could go get a new wheel.
How about that service! My evening is saved. 20191226_150841.jpg

VXR
What settings have you used, if you don't mind sharing?
I'm on the road, forgive the late response. Off tbe top of my head I remember stiffening the suspension by .10 all round, lowering the rear toe to +40 and setting front to -5. Rear camber at 0.5, front at 0.2.

I'll get exact settings when I'm back home.

Haven't played any the past days so this morning was excited to put in some qt laps for this week's dailies. After doing about 10 laps on race A, I moved on to Mt Dejavu, and immediately noticed something was wrong with the throttle. Quick web search and I found an exact match on the problem:

So it is broken.. checked my receipt to see if I still had warranty; purchased 2018-12-27. Wow.. 1 day to spare! Went to the store where I purchased it to have it replaced. Turned out there was not one controller available in their stores in the whole country. ****. They offered me the money back, but since I bought it discounted, the money wouldn't buy me a new wheel. The clerk checked some competitors sites and noticed that another electronics store nearby had it for about 65$ more than what I'd paid. This was actually the current best price anywhere for the G29. He gave me that amount in cash so that I could go get a new wheel.
How about that service! My evening is saved. View attachment 876659

Lucky you!

PS if I got amazing service like that, I'd be sure to go back to that store asap to spend more money there.

Would be nice if someone could translate that Japanese caption on that locker picture with the race tracks.

Would be nice if someone could translate that Japanese caption on that locker picture with the race tracks.
It just says something about the lockers being numbered. But, the numbers on the lockers seem to be there through manufacturing purposes and not anything to do with the tracks that were put on each door.

Let the over speculation begin! It's probably just something fun/creative for sorting instead of remembering a regular locker number :lol:

Again very annoying.
I can't load the decal library (my collection part) to finish of the liveries i was working on. :banghead:🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

I got Project Cars 2 and GTSport around Thanksgiving (I put off buying GTSport until a sale because of bad development decisions since GT5 (I passed on buying GT6) and no improvements in alot of areas, and actually downgrades like no dynamic weather or timechange, lack of cars (especially iconic cars) and new cars, lack of tracks, no body mods such as wings/spoilers, exhaust, front lips, etc. even previous Gran Turismo's had this, as well as no performance mods from past GT's like engine upgrades superchargers/ turbos, intake systems, exhaust, ECU tuning, Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 options, chassis reinforcement, weight reduction, brakes, transmission, drivetrain, suspension, etc. in GTSport. Feels like half an unfinished game. I've been a lifelong GT fan btw). I've spent most of my time enjoying Project Cars 2, I really like it and feel like GTSport is a step back in most regards compared to it.

I haven't spent much time on GTSport therefore don't own many cars. The few times I've tried online races it says I dont meet the criteria. I dont have alot of free time anymore so being able to use and race any car right away in Project Cars 2 is great. Whereas years ago when I had more free time playing GT5 I enjoyed collecting, unlocking and buying cars, it made each car feel special.

Is there no "loaner" completely stock cars you can use in GTSport online races? For example if there is a GT3 race set up, is there no option to be able to use a specific GT3 car so I can participate in online races. Because as of right now I'm very limited to the online lobbies and races I can participate in. I believe GT5 had this feature being able to use cars you dont own in your garage for online races.

Last edited:
I got Project Cars 2 and GTSport around Thanksgiving (I put off buying GTSport until a sale because of bad development decisions since GT5 (I passed on buying GT6) and no improvements in alot of areas, and actually downgrades like no dynamic weather or timechange, lack of cars (especially iconic cars) and new cars, lack of tracks, no body mods such as wings/spoilers, exhaust, front lips, etc. even previous Gran Turismo's had this, as well as no performance mods from past GT's like engine upgrades superchargers/ turbos, intake systems, exhaust, ECU tuning, Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 options, chassis reinforcement, weight reduction, brakes, transmission, drivetrain, suspension, etc. in GTSport. Feels like half an unfinished game. I've been a lifelong GT fan btw). I've spent most of my time enjoying Project Cars 2, I really like it and feel like GTSport is a step back in most regards compared to it.

I haven't spent much time on GTSport therefore don't own many cars. The few times I've tried online races it says I dont meet the criteria. I dont have alot of free time anymore so being able to use and race any car right away in Project Cars 2 is great. Whereas years ago when I had more free time playing GT5 I enjoyed collecting, unlocking and buying cars, it made each car feel special.

Is there no "loaner" completely stock cars you can use in GTSport online races? For example if there is a GT3 race set up, is there no option to be able to use a specific GT3 car so I can participate in online races. Because as of right now I'm very limited to the online lobbies and races I can participate in. I believe GT5 had this feature being able to use cars you dont own in your garage for online races.
There is no loaner car option for online races. There is in Arcade Mode.

Being you are short on time, I'd recommend doing the Circuit Experiences. You are gifted random cars. You'll get a Gr.3 car at some point. In the meantime, you'll rapidly accumulate Cr. enough to buy a 450,000 Gr.3, in a short amount of time.
Payouts average 38,000. Do one Sector from each track, if you wish and you'll have the Cr. to buy a car.
Golding the Nurburgring Nordschleife Circuit Experience, will give you over 450,000.

There is no loaner car option for online races. There is in Arcade Mode.

Being you are short on time, I'd recommend doing the Circuit Experiences. You are gifted random cars. You'll get a Gr.3 car at some point. In the meantime, you'll rapidly accumulate Cr. enough to buy a 450,000 Gr.3, in a short amount of time.
Payouts average 38,000. Do one Sector from each track, if you wish and you'll have the Cr. to buy a car.
Golding the Nurburgring Nordschleife Circuit Experience, will give you over 450,000.
Thanks for the feedback, will try this out 👍

Back