Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Formidable, Oct 27, 2015.

1. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

Is Daytona replaced because of finance and pricing similar to Spa ?

2. sirjim73

sirjim73

Only PD knows. But dont forget these were launch tracks. It *could* be that the initial budget was "limited" prior to release. But it's all just guesswork...

CTznOfTime likes this.
  3. 05XR8

05XR8

This would be a nice update to Gr.3 for 2020. A "real" Supra race car. :sly:

4. sirjim73

sirjim73

Merry Christmas everyone... :cheers:

And a happy January update thread to you all :sly:

Vava, Canucks_9419, dimassa19 and 3 others like this.
  5. GTV0819

GTV0819 (Banned)

Looking forward to this. :)

05XR8 likes this.
  6. Roxanne

Roxanne

Did someone saw this?

O604, mastretta_mx, Kudos00 and 2 others like this.
  7. danardif1

danardif1

So I've upgraded from my trusty old G29 to a Fanatec CSL Elite today, and GT Sport feels like a completely different game with the new wheel!!! Bumps and kerbs are so much more detailed, the force feedback is stronger but also tighter and more precise, its been brilliant and already seems worth the price...

8. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

This is already in SuperGT?

But this is GT300? So are we expecting and updated Gr.3 version?

9. 05XR8

05XR8

They way PD and Toyota are working together and/or bringing Toyota products to this game, I wouldn't bet against the Super GT500 and this GT300 coming at some point.

Could be the age of the Supra. We've seen the GT-R have multiple variants in the franchise. The 350Z, Toyota 86. Now, various versions of the A90 Supra. From FT-1 concept to the 2019 cars.

10. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

Yeah that makes sense even from a modelling standpoint. Let us have a Gr.2 Supra and a Gr.3 non concept Supra.

11. Underthewhip

Underthewhip

Haven't played any the past days so this morning was excited to put in some qt laps for this week's dailies. After doing about 10 laps on race A, I moved on to Mt Dejavu, and immediately noticed something was wrong with the throttle. Quick web search and I found an exact match on the problem:

So it is broken.. checked my receipt to see if I still had warranty; purchased 2018-12-27. Wow.. 1 day to spare! Went to the store where I purchased it to have it replaced. Turned out there was not one controller available in their stores in the whole country. ****. They offered me the money back, but since I bought it discounted, the money wouldn't buy me a new wheel. The clerk checked some competitors sites and noticed that another electronics store nearby had it for about 65$ more than what I'd paid. This was actually the current best price anywhere for the G29. He gave me that amount in cash so that I could go get a new wheel.
    How about that service! My evening is saved. 20191226_150841.jpg

CTznOfTime, sirjim73, Pfei and 2 others like this.
  12. Team THRT Drift

Team THRT Drift

I'm on the road, forgive the late response. Off tbe top of my head I remember stiffening the suspension by .10 all round, lowering the rear toe to +40 and setting front to -5. Rear camber at 0.5, front at 0.2.

I'll get exact settings when I'm back home.

VXR likes this.
  13. sirjim73

sirjim73

Lucky you!

PS if I got amazing service like that, I'd be sure to go back to that store asap to spend more money there.

14. RetroJohan

RetroJohan Premium

I have started playing GT4 again, and man PD needs to bring back some of the tracks. Citta di Aria and Costa di Amalfi would look amazing updated with 4K graphics.

15. Lee x sensai

Lee x sensai

PD the end year of party a lot people come and FIA gt driver, The F1 honda Team boss is there too.

16. AlanH49

AlanH49

Silverstone, Seattle, Paris.

17. GTV0819

GTV0819 (Banned)

And Seattle too, I hope.

courageC60, RetroJohan and Uday9479 like this.
  18. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

What's the meaning of the tracks printed on the steel lockers?

courageC60 likes this.
  19. danh25

danh25

if you notice, there are all the recent tracks added to gtsport ... so why did they put those too? they want to tell us something safe.:D

courageC60 and CTznOfTime like this.
  20. LotusEvoraGTE

LotusEvoraGTE

It's probably a decoration for the lockers, you lot might be looking too far into it.

21. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

Would be nice if someone could translate that Japanese caption on that locker picture with the race tracks.

22. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

It just says something about the lockers being numbered. But, the numbers on the lockers seem to be there through manufacturing purposes and not anything to do with the tracks that were put on each door.

Skygrasper550 likes this.
  23. Canucks_9419

Canucks_9419

Let the over speculation begin! It's probably just something fun/creative for sorting instead of remembering a regular locker number :lol:

24. 05XR8

05XR8

Yeah, seems more like, "The Lincoln Room" or "Oval Office", etc.

25. svenhjs666

svenhjs666

Again very annoying.
    I can't load the decal library (my collection part) to finish of the liveries i was working on. :banghead::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

26. Lee x sensai

Lee x sensai

Lewis On the Porsche with a new lap time

ProjectF likes this.
  27. Famine

Famine Administrator

It says "The locker numbers are also courses".

Interesting that Silverstone and Seattle are in there :lol:

28. Organ-Donor

Organ-Donor

I got Project Cars 2 and GTSport around Thanksgiving (I put off buying GTSport until a sale because of bad development decisions since GT5 (I passed on buying GT6) and no improvements in alot of areas, and actually downgrades like no dynamic weather or timechange, lack of cars (especially iconic cars) and new cars, lack of tracks, no body mods such as wings/spoilers, exhaust, front lips, etc. even previous Gran Turismo's had this, as well as no performance mods from past GT's like engine upgrades superchargers/ turbos, intake systems, exhaust, ECU tuning, Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 options, chassis reinforcement, weight reduction, brakes, transmission, drivetrain, suspension, etc. in GTSport. Feels like half an unfinished game. I've been a lifelong GT fan btw). I've spent most of my time enjoying Project Cars 2, I really like it and feel like GTSport is a step back in most regards compared to it.

I haven't spent much time on GTSport therefore don't own many cars. The few times I've tried online races it says I dont meet the criteria. I dont have alot of free time anymore so being able to use and race any car right away in Project Cars 2 is great. Whereas years ago when I had more free time playing GT5 I enjoyed collecting, unlocking and buying cars, it made each car feel special.

Is there no "loaner" completely stock cars you can use in GTSport online races? For example if there is a GT3 race set up, is there no option to be able to use a specific GT3 car so I can participate in online races. Because as of right now I'm very limited to the online lobbies and races I can participate in. I believe GT5 had this feature being able to use cars you dont own in your garage for online races.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  29. 05XR8

05XR8

There is no loaner car option for online races. There is in Arcade Mode.

Being you are short on time, I'd recommend doing the Circuit Experiences. You are gifted random cars. You'll get a Gr.3 car at some point. In the meantime, you'll rapidly accumulate Cr. enough to buy a 450,000 Gr.3, in a short amount of time.
    Payouts average 38,000. Do one Sector from each track, if you wish and you'll have the Cr. to buy a car.
    Golding the Nurburgring Nordschleife Circuit Experience, will give you over 450,000.

Lubeify100, sirjim73 and Organ-Donor like this.
  30. Organ-Donor

Organ-Donor

Thanks for the feedback, will try this out :tup: