Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Could be interesting for driving games.

Seems like it might feel awkward to adjust to. If its not too bad, it actually might be exactly what I Need to finally use Manual with the Controller.

What are the odds PD fixes the "ghosting" and "resetting" in a future update or future title? Even with ghosting disabled in lobby settings, cars will ghost randomly when you spin out, go in the reverse direction, come to a complete stop etc. I understand the benefits to having these enabled in FIA races, but what about in standard online lobbies? I feel like if you want racing conditions where cars never ghost and cars will not "reset" after cutting turns (intentionally or unintentionally) that it should be available to use. Especially if they're going for that "realism" aspect.

Cat and mouse lobbies have disappeared completley! They were extremely popular in GT5 and GT6 before they introduced this. And I can see some people wanting ghosting turned off in league racing as well.

Anyone else disappointed with the E46 M3?

Laguna Seca Blue being wrong notwithstanding, it felt really disjointed and more understeer prone than it had ever been described to be. I tried it on G29 and DS4, both felt fairly underwhelming.

VXR

Laguna Seca Blue being wrong notwithstanding, it felt really disjointed and more understeer prone than it had ever been described to be. I tried it on G29 and DS4, both felt fairly underwhelming.

I'm glad it wasn't just me. It felt off. I messed with the suspension height and toe settings and eventually got it to where it felt like a true M3 but still, stock doesn't feel right.

I'm glad it wasn't just me. It felt off. I messed with the suspension height and toe settings and eventually got it to where it felt like a true M3 but still, stock doesn't feel right.

What settings have you used, if you don't mind sharing?

VXR

In my opinion the E46 is rather prone to oversteer and nicely balanced. Turning at full lock is often times enough to induce a subtle slide, at least on hard and medium sport tires.

The E92, however, is glued to the road in ways I cannot understand for an FR layout.

In my opinion the E46 is rather prone to oversteer and nicely balanced. Turning at full lock is often times enough to induce a subtle slide, at least on hard and medium sport tires.

The E92, however, is glued to the road in ways I cannot understand for an FR layout.

Certainly didn't feel oversteer-lead for me. Left it on stock tyres, which is Sports Hard. Just didn't have the neutral-to-oversteer balance of a RWD BMW.

VXR
Certainly didn't feel oversteer-lead for me. Left it on stock tyres, which is Sports Hard. Just didn't have the neutral-to-oversteer balance of a RWD BMW.

Admittedly I'm no expert on how the E46 is supposed to behave, but I remember being slightly surprised by its eagerness to oversteer simply by turning the wheel carefully into full lock position. Worth mentioning it was around Nürburgring GP, so maybe the occassional corner cambers influenced its behaviour.

So next month is January and you know what big racing event takes place around that time....? The Rolex 24 at Daytona. A few weeks after that race its another big racing event being held at Daytona and that's the Daytona 500 for NASCAR. A fantastic update would be adding 3 IMSA cars, the Nascar manufacturer bodies (Camaro, Mustang, and Camry) and Daytona (both the road course and oval layouts). I been wanting this type of update ever since GT sport launched. When it comes to the Nascar's they don't have to add the actual drivers into the game like what did with GT5 and GT6. Just add the manufacturer bodies and let the players create liveries for it. Damn it would be a beautiful sight seeing so many nascar schemes while racing at Daytona. From past, present and concept schemes. This is a huge opportunity for polyphony to get more people to play gt sport. Nascar was really popular on both GT5 and GT6 and for whatever reason they just got rid of it. (You can say the same about a lot of features, cars, tracks and etc). If they come out with this update I'll be on GT sport a whole lot more.

Daytona is also the debut for this 👍
mazda3-tcr.jpg

So next month is January and you know what big racing event takes place around that time....? The Rolex 24 at Daytona. A few weeks after that race its another big racing event being held at Daytona and that's the Daytona 500 for NASCAR. A fantastic update would be adding 3 IMSA cars, the Nascar manufacturer bodies (Camaro, Mustang, and Camry) and Daytona (both the road course and oval layouts). I been wanting this type of update ever since GT sport launched. When it comes to the Nascar's they don't have to add the actual drivers into the game like what did with GT5 and GT6. Just add the manufacturer bodies and let the players create liveries for it. Damn it would be a beautiful sight seeing so many nascar schemes while racing at Daytona. From past, present and concept schemes. This is a huge opportunity for polyphony to get more people to play gt sport. Nascar was really popular on both GT5 and GT6 and for whatever reason they just got rid of it. (You can say the same about a lot of features, cars, tracks and etc). If they come out with this update I'll be on GT sport a whole lot more.
Or 3 DPi Race Cars:
- Acura ARX-05 DPi '18
- Cadillac DPi-V.R '18
- Mazda RT24-P '18
Then this would bring Acura and Cadillac back, ultimately opening up opportunities for other Acura and Cadillac cars.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I recently bought this game and am really enjoying it. The other games i play are Dirt Rally 2, PCars 2 and Assetto Corsa and GT Sport has impressed me so far.

I’ve nearly completed all the Campaign modes, i’m just wondering what the best way to play the game offline is.
On my other games i just like to do race weekends on max AI difficulty.
Could someone tell me the best (of closest way) of doing that in GT Sport? I have tried arcade mode but can’t seem to be able to specify a race distance or add practice and qualifying sessions.

(it would be ideal go be able to earn credits too but it’s not critical).

I appreciate GT Sport is primarily an online experience but i’m weird and don’t want to play online haha

I wouldn’t mind doing online time trials though (as opposed to the actual races) is this possible too?

Hi All,

I recently bought this game and am really enjoying it. The other games i play are Dirt Rally 2, PCars 2 and Assetto Corsa and GT Sport has impressed me so far.

I’ve nearly completed all the Campaign modes, i’m just wondering what the best way to play the game offline is.
Could someone tell me the best (of closest way) of doing that in GT Sport? I have tried arcade mode but can’t seem to be able to specify a race distance or add practice and qualifying sessions.

I appreciate GT Sport is primarily an online experience but i’m weird and don’t want to play online haha

I wouldn’t mind doing online time trials though (as opposed to the actual races) is this possible too?

Online multiplayer is the only way if you want to experience racing and weekend formats. Singleplayer is more like simple driving challenges camouflaged as racing.

Hi All,

Custom Race

Hi All,

Welcome to GT Sport

As mentioned, Custom Race (in the Arcade drop down menu) allows you to set race lengths and change AI competition level (to make it harder) and some other race settings, but you can't get practice and qualifying offline, only online.

The online Time Trials are in the Sport drop down menu. Note - you DON'T need PS+ to be able to play these. They change every 2 weeks, one is stock and one allows tuning. There is a specific thread for them on here.

History of Online Time Trials can be found here: (not my site)

https://gtsport.r1s3.net/vault/7/0

Welcome to GT Sport

As mentioned, Custom Race (in the Arcade drop down menu) allows you to set race lengths and change AI competition level (to make it harder) and some other race settings, but you can't get practice and qualifying offline, only online.

The online Time Trials are in the Sport drop down menu. Note - you DON'T need PS+ to be able to play these. They change every 2 weeks, one is stock and one allows tuning. There is a specific thread for them on here.

History of Online Time Trials can be found here: (not my site)

https://gtsport.r1s3.net/vault/7/0
Thanks for the detailed explanation mate. That other website looks pretty useful too!

How long does this annoying holiday music last for? It's on both sound modes which is kind of annoying. Sorry, but I'm Jewish and just don't care about the holidays. This should be an option like the Transmission Mode for streaming.

*puts up flame shield*

How long does this annoying holiday music last for? It's on both sound modes which is kind of annoying. Sorry, but I'm Jewish and just don't care about the holidays. This should be an option like the Transmission Mode for streaming.

*puts up flame shield*
Didn't you bring this up last year...? If so then you should be expecting the same answer.

*puts up flame shield*

Bro just turn the music off for a couple weeks

Back