Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Below means nothing about how PD bring tracks to the game.

Having a look at the European GT4 series. Last year's calendar had tracks featured in GTS: Monza, Brands Hatch and Nurburgring GP. This year https://european.gt4series.com/gb_en/calendar/13/2020 Silverstone replaces Brands Hatch and Monza is dropped for Spa. I can see Silverstone being the most realistic chance coming to GTS.

The only "obscure" real world track in GTS, is Autopolis. I can't see Zandvoort or Budapest coming(I didn't see Autopolis coming either).

I'm stunned there's no Lexus LFA yet

I've just updated after not touching this game for 1-2 years, kept seeing GT Sport update threads on other forums and finally decided to get back into it with the old Porsche just added.

To get the LFA I have boot up the PS3. The car model is one of the best in GT5, I just can't believe this car wasn't one of the first to be updated over what's in the Lexus garage currently or simply allow a GT5 best models garage in GT Sport.

PS4 came out in 2013 and we're just approaching 2020.

I believe it is due to PD had to recreate the V10 sound and refined/remodel the 3D model which took months. I'm also waiting for LFA to came in GTS as others did, though it is not certain but I think they are working on it.

Happy New Year to all GT Planet, including moderators, staff members and normal members! :gtpflag::cheers::gtplanet:
Hope for you all to have a wonderfull year looking forward, with many blessings, prosperity, health and love too ofcourse.:) ;)
Let us all race our hearts out this 2020 and make it one not to forget! :mischievous:

Is it just me, or does it feel like the setting descriptions are really vague? I don't feel like they're telling me enough about how changing them can influence the car - especially for many of the suspension settings. Maybe it's badly-translated? For example, it says one can risk damaging the car if the ride height is too low, but is there any disadvantage to lowering it all the way if damage is disabled? Similarly, even if damage is enabled, can one really damage the car through having a ride height that's too low?

The only way would be if they implemented damage and you went thru Flugplatz at max warp.

Also normally if a car does fully bottom out then handling can be affected but its not here.

Where did the ****ing halo go?! I fire up a Super Formula car and the centre bar of the halo is now a ghost and there isn’t a way to undo it... how’s this a feature?! Should the inside view of Prototype’s now also be all ghosted?

Can’t I put the halo back to how it was so it was part of learning to drive the car?

Is it just me, or does it feel like the setting descriptions are really vague? I don't feel like they're telling me enough about how changing them can influence the car - especially for many of the suspension settings. Maybe it's badly-translated? For example, it says one can risk damaging the car if the ride height is too low, but is there any disadvantage to lowering it all the way if damage is disabled? Similarly, even if damage is enabled, can one really damage the car through having a ride height that's too low?
I don't have an issue with the way they say the risk damaging the car if the ride height is too low, they just put it in to let you know it will have an effect on the car handling, and that is going damage your lap time.

It looks like Assetto Corsa, partially due to the lighting being different, but also I see an Assetto Corsa logo on the bottom left. I'm guessing it's Competizione.

EDIT: Ah.
It's AC with Custom Shader's Patch installed AFAIK. My only gripe with AC is that it doesn't look really realistic in terms of graphics. Especially the car lighting, nothing can beat GTS in that term in my opinion. Oh and don't forget the lights. :embarrassed:

Assetto Corsa or GT Sport...?

It's clear that it is not GT Sport for 2 reasons:

1. The difference in lighting and shaders is quite visible.

2. The difference in sound and doppler effect is also something you can make out.

In GT Sport you can clearly hear all the mixed samples to make it sound like there is a multitude of cars driving by, but it gets a bit unrealistic with so many reverbs and not properly hearing the actual engine note.

Asseto Corsa does this in a much better way while you can hear each cars engine note mixed in each other, although it's missing a bit of reverb when the car passes by.

Last edited:
So eh just a quick question. How come I can’t select my toyota 2000gt for the nostalgic 1979 cup? When I race with my R8 Gordini, it is one of the cars used by the AI... Is this a bug?

So eh just a quick question. How come I can’t select my toyota 2000gt for the nostalgic 1979 cup? When I race with my R8 Gordini, it is one of the cars used by the AI... Is this a bug?
Only Gr.X cars for that race. "Nostalgic Festival" in Amatuer League, is where you can use the 2000GT and other N class classics.

It feels like GT Sport was a testing ground for a lot of things that will be further refined in the next GT title. I don't just mean the eponymous ranked multiplayer mode, but also the companion app that never seemed to offer much, the social media system that's in-game, the new grouping system, the livery editor, the championships, the daily race rulesets, the lobby options, and stuff like that. It almost reminds me of how some cars in real life will be somewhat transformed into test mules for new models, like we saw for the Ferrari Enzo. It seems like when you look at GT Sport, there's a ton of potential for various expansions, adjustments, and streamlining when it comes to the future of the series.

I'm not sure if we'll necessarily see the changes that GT Sport could benefit from, especially if the next GT is intended for the PS5 launch window, but I'm still interested both the future of GT Sport and how the next title will borrow from GT Sport. There are a lot of details that I could speculate about, from how they plan to tackle certain ideas/problems to if they plan to integrate certain details, but these things are ultimately going to be left to PD's discretion - and yet, I think that's what makes the anticipation so exciting.

We already have at least three updates confirmed for GT Sport, with the redesigned 917 and the VGTs for Porsche and Lamborghini. I also really don't know how much they plan to slow down, even if we're only getting about four cars per month. That's still a decent amount, in my eyes. I also don't really know what's up with the circuit experience for Laguna Seca coming at the same time as the track itself - or if it's indicative of anything at all. Even if there wasn't a track planned for January, I recall Spa-Francorchamps being similar, where the Circuit Experience for that course was still added the month after the track's release, in an update that didn't necessarily include a track itself. Maybe PD just wanted to have the Laguna Seca Circuit Experience available for players who're just getting the game now for the holidays, rather than having them wait until the end of January.

Screenshot_20200106-031452_Chrome.jpg

More then likely some sort of minor fix, but just wanted to inform everyone.

What is he surprised about? Sony has been using GT to show off its TVs for years, you can see some clips play in Best Buy even.

Why would Sony make a car? They don't have the right expertise to build one!

How so?

I mean, there have been quite a few car manufacturers who make crappy cars. If Sony can make a good one, it's another story.

Producing an EV is not as complex / expensive (I guess) as producing a combustion engine based car, imo, so I could see Sony stem into the EV market.

Why would Sony make a car? They don't have the right expertise to build one!

Money buys expertise. There's been a few non automotive companies who have developed "once off" show cars to sell their technologies.

Sony could have well gone to any number of Japanese car companies to make a show car.

Hell it wouldnt surprise me if the car doesnt go except for a stack of 12v lead acid batteries in it to move it around a convention centre.

As long as it gets "buzz" and it displays their Sony designed interior then that's enough.

Samsung does this too.

Back