Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Thanks.
If it means the Esso brand trademark now can be used in Gran Turismo globally, we'll see race cars with TRUE Esso logos in Gran Turismo for the first time in ages...?

If the car modelled has it (As is the case with the Raybrig NSX), I'm positive we would. I can't see why nowadays it wouldn't happen if the Toyota GT-ONE was added for instance considering the region specific oddities then sorta don't apply at the moment for this game as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200104141401.jpg

I hope I'm still driving Ferarris on the track when I'm in my 90s.

I can't find any Sony TV showcasing GTSport this year at CES. I just find it funny, Sony used to show GTSport with crazy tech like 8k, 120 fps or ray tracing well before any official statement like the Wired article in 2019. Now, we wait...

I can't find any Sony TV showcasing GTSport this year at CES. I just find it funny, Sony used to show GTSport with crazy tech like 8k, 120 fps or ray tracing well before any official statement like the Wired article in 2019. Now, we wait...
Kazunori Yamauchi and GT Sport were shown in video on stage before Sony's CES press conference discussing the Master Series TVs, and that video is being played in the Sony booth, but I don't think it's anything we haven't seen before.

Come to think of it, it feels a bit weird being able to change the wheels but not much else on most cars. Hopefully the next title will let us install aero parts again, as I recall GT6 having a remarkable variety of bodykits, splitters/defusers, rear wings, and sometimes even headlight/tail light options.

For now, it’d be nice if we could see the current options get expanded. Not just more wheels (like the presence of the HRE Wheels logo in the decal library) but also more options for the windshield decal, the driver name (e.g. custom text/flag, multiple names), or the headlight cover. It feels like that last option is only available on Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars (the Ferrari 512bb appearing to be the sole exception), and it’s always just one option: yellow. I suppose I just wonder what else could be done for these things. Maybe on some road cars, they could be that darkened, smoky color that I’ve sometimes seen?

Either way, I’m excited for the content that’s confirmed so far - and it could come with a bunch of unexpected other stuff, too. There are at least four cars to come, as far as I can discern, but I could easily see more, and that’s just from the Mazda and Porsche deals.

Come to think of it, it feels a bit weird being able to change the wheels but not much else on most cars. Hopefully the next title will let us install aero parts again, as I recall GT6 having a remarkable variety of bodykits, splitters/defusers, rear wings, and sometimes even headlight/tail light options.

For now, it’d be nice if we could see the current options get expanded. Not just more wheels (like the presence of the HRE Wheels logo in the decal library) but also more options for the windshield decal, the driver name (e.g. custom text/flag, multiple names), or the headlight cover. It feels like that last option is only available on Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars (the Ferrari 512bb appearing to be the sole exception), and it’s always just one option: yellow. I suppose I just wonder what else could be done for these things. Maybe on some road cars, they could be that darkened, smoky color that I’ve sometimes seen?

Either way, I’m excited for the content that’s confirmed so far - and it could come with a bunch of unexpected other stuff, too. There are at least four cars to come, as far as I can discern, but I could easily see more, and that’s just from the Mazda and Porsche deals.
I'll bring up what Kaz said about us building cars in GT6. It seemed as though we would have been able to do what MArio Andretti did with building his first race car.

Fast forward to GTS. When looking at the Group Class video, seeing the "build" of the Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars, certain parts would fit on the road cars. I think I posted in the Suggestions thread about how the Gr.4 86 has its racing steering wheel. At least that part should be in Mileage Exchange for Toyota/Lexus Owners. It's a Gazoo Racing wheel.
In GT6, we had a couple race version GT86s. Mildly tuned(I think one was a Base Model), but they had roll cages. We should be able to add roll cages to the Gr.3/B Road Cars. Same should be for race cars that have Gr.4 models.

The extinguisher stickers that apear on some of the car's windscreens. Those should be selectable to place back on the glass. Back in GT5(P?), a video clip shows a MINI with a race livery and it has stickers on the windows. Don't know why this hasn't been programmed for players to do. If it is programmed on the standard livery, why does it get deleted and can't be applied?

As for wheels, I don't know why we could use every wheel in GT4, but we can;t use every wheel on every car in this game. I can replaced many wheels on some Toyota cars, but a tuner heavy car like the AE86 is limited.

but a tuner heavy car like the AE86 is limited.

Not every wheel in the game comes in 13"/14" sizes, hence the limited selection. Same goes for the original Mini.

Personally I want more dog dish wheels and steelies for the muscle and safety/cop cars. However at the end of the day GTS is not a game akin to GT5/6. GT7 on the PS5 will hopefully offer a fuller selection of cars and aftermarket parts, etc.

Not every wheel in the game comes in 13"/14" sizes, hence the limited selection. Same goes for the original Mini.

Personally I want more dog dish wheels and steelies for the muscle and safety/cop cars. However at the end of the day GTS is not a game akin to GT5/6. GT7 on the PS5 will hopefully offer a fuller selection of cars and aftermarket parts, etc.
Not really. I can stick those 14" 4 lug TE37s on a Gr.3 car. If that can work, any wheel should work.

That's because they aren't 14s going onto a Gr.3. The wheel selection is based on what sizes they come in and that's why some wheels aren't available on some cars.
The point is, PD CAN make any wheels "fit" any car. The reason why THEY chose not to, I don't know.

I do want to say, although the tire sounds in GT Sport may be more realistic in some scenarios, in the past, I feel that Gran Turismo 5’s tire sounds were better and more pleasing to hear.

GT5 had more of a smoother sound.

The point is, PD CAN make any wheels "fit" any car. The reason why THEY chose not to, I don't know.
Their only guideline for it is size, because there's a lot of wheels that shouldn't be on certain cars that can be put on those particular cars.

Their only guideline for it is size, because there's a lot of wheels that shouldn't be on certain cars that can be put on those particular cars.
It's probably a skewed guideline at that. No matter of size, some wheels don't even attach to a hub on many cars. Also, switching between a car that comes with center lock wheels or six-lugs,

Even if it looked hideous. :lol:
Well, BBS RS can make any car look gorgeous.
Yes, it's a Yugo. ;)
5c215f3f6a06092f08b9d2748a2672d2.jpg

I've found that the sound of GTO Twin Turbo '91 in GTS was recorded using a 3000GT in US.
And surprisingly... it was THE EXACT ONE that was featured and repaired in Wheeler Dealers!!

Found the testimony on the comment section of this video:

And here're the pictures of the one:

The exact one in motion featured in Wheeler Dealers.
Listen to the iconic brutal sound at 2:28!:

I've found that the sound of GTO Twin Turbo '91 in GTS was recorded using a 3000GT in US.
And surprisingly... it was THE EXACT ONE that was featured and repaired in Wheeler Dealers!!

Found the testimony on the comment section of this video:

And here're the pictures of the one:

The exact one in motion featured in Wheeler Dealers.
Listen to the iconic brutal sound at 2:28!:

Great work by PD! Sounds very close to the real thing!

Great work by PD! Sounds very close to the real thing!
And then I still see people say that the sounds aren't accurate at all.
I agree that the 3000gt sounds close to the real thing as well. It's that sometimes it's as if I and someone else are hearing two different things. I could say that, for example, the MKIV Supra sound almost indentical to its irl counterpart but then someone else may chime in saying that it sounds like trash.
It just perplexes me sometimes.

And then I still see people say that the sounds aren't accurate at all.
I agree that the 3000gt sounds close to the real thing as well. It's that sometimes it's as if I and someone else are hearing two different things. I could say that, for example, the MKIV Supra sound almost indentical to its irl counterpart but then someone else may chime in saying that it sounds like trash.
It just perplexes me sometimes.
Although I do agree with you but some of the sounds in the game do sound a little too digitalized and smooth. Take the GT40 MK IV, although it may sound more realistic in terms of the tone of the engine, it doesn’t have that V8 monsterous growl it had in GT6 and in real life.

Although I do agree with you but some of the sounds in the game do sound a little too digitalized and smooth. Take the GT40 MK IV, although it may sound more realistic in terms of the tone of the engine, it doesn’t have that V8 monsterous growl it had in GT6 and in real life.

Also the soundtrack for some cars is different on the garage page and on the racetrack. Crank up the vintage Shelby Cobra in the garage and the idle is pretty spot on for a cammed up Big Block of that vintage.
Now take the car out on the track and pull over and let it idle, they took the big cam out between the garage and the track. Does not sound authentic like it does in the garage soundtrack.

PD is on and off with their sound accuracy. On one hand you can have the SLR McLaren and '98 Civic Type R which are the exact same as their irl counterpart but then have cars like the AMG GT3 and Z4 GT3 which are totally off from how they should sound. But in almost all cases, moreso in the faster cars and race cars, the sounds lack the kind of atmosphere that pretty much all of the other sims capture really well.

Those sims capture all of the goings-on coming from the cars like raspiness coming from the exhausts, those sounds bouncing off the environment in chase cam, clanks happening from the car moving around and just an immersive feeling that you're surrounded by a car in cockpit view.

The sounds in GTS kind of just come at you in a sterile and generic way (there being like only 3 types of gear shifting sounds for example). Those components mentioned are somewhat there in GTS but the whole package just sounds...off, and it leads to GTS being trumped in the sound department in many comparison videos.

Example:

Compare GTS to PC2 and GTS sounds good but PC2 just sounds so much more full of life. The PC sims are of similar fullness and atmosphere as in PC2.

They've come a long way but they still have a ways to go. But people saying the sounds are horrible and unlistenable are grossly overexaggerating.

PD is on and off with their sound accuracy. On one hand you can have the SLR McLaren and '98 Civic Type R which are the exact same as their irl counterpart but then have cars like the AMG GT3 and Z4 GT3 which are totally off from how they should sound. But in almost all cases, moreso in the faster cars and race cars, the sounds lack the kind of atmosphere that pretty much all of the other sims capture really well.

Those sims capture all of the goings-on coming from the cars like raspiness coming from the exhausts, those sounds bouncing off the environment in chase cam, clanks happening from the car moving around and just an immersive feeling that you're surrounded by a car in cockpit view.

The sounds in GTS kind of just come at you in a sterile and generic way (there being like only 3 types of gear shifting sounds for example). Those components mentioned are somewhat there in GTS but the whole package just sounds...off, and it leads to GTS being trumped in the sound department in many comparison videos.

Example:

Compare GTS to PC2 and GTS sounds good but PC2 just sounds so much more full of life. The PC sims are of similar fullness and atmosphere as in PC2.

They've come a long way but they still have a ways to go. But people saying the sounds are horrible and unlistenable are grossly overexaggerating.

I agree with you but the particular example you chose with the GT is a little off. Although it does sound good in PCars2, it’s a completely different sound than what the car should sound like. They used a Porsche flat 6 sound for the car which is odd when it has a V6.

Tried to play GT Sport again last night, game looks amazing but i still hate it. It feels like it wasn’t made for Dualshock and I play with an Oled in game mode with almost no lag. Yea i’m winning races and all but just the little things like no real dynamic driving line, always starting in last and also never feeling accomplished. Once you get the daily mileage car, you really don’t win anything. So i put GT5 back in today and its night and day difference, GT5 is the last real Gran Turismo game. Feels amazing on Dualshock, visuals are getting out dated and vaccum cleaner sounds are back lol but going from GT Sport to GT5 just the way the game runs aside from textures and sounds. Its just a better game, hope we get another real GT game in the future. As i grew up with the certain level of GT grind and GT Sport feels like way too much grind for little gain. Even when you can buy the cars on the PS Store, kinda takes the fun factor out of it for me.

Sorry for my rant. Every 6 months or so i try GT Sport again and its the same rant every time. I love that they update the game and just how amazing it is at 60fps but a lot of core GT is missing.

As for sounds, the GR.4 Supra sounds much move alive than other cars in replays. Being based on the Nurburgring Livery car, the rear window sponsor are Remus Exhaust. Saying this, I'm not sure if PD recorded that exhaust sound or modified the Supra road car exhaust. We do know the official GT4 Supra, has an exhaust tuned by Akrapovic. So, it'll be interesting to hear the difference between the two cars, if it was done correctly.

Back