Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Do the Monza trial first. It's the easiest one of the lot. You can get an easy diamond on it. Hamilton short shifts on the straights so you're already ahead by the time you start the lap. He realises this by the end of the lap and runs through the gears more.

On Mt. Panorama he has fixed the short shifting habit.

The Nurburgring trial is also not too bad. Just keep the car in 3rd gear for most of the trial and you'll gain a few tenths in every corner.

Willow Springs should be last. It is absolutely brutal. I'm still struggling with it.

If you've played Sport Mode or tuned your own GT3 cars you'll hate the Mercedes they give you. It's a really early build tune of the car that makes it really stiff and understeer.

What you can do in almost every track is abuse the curbs and track limits. Being an F1 driver, Hamilton will reference real life track limits. So you can gain on him by riding the curbs on Dragon Trail, Suzuka, Interlagos, and Nurburgring GP.

You got this. I got Gold on all of then using a controller. Diamond on two of them with a wheel. Diamond on four of them with a controller.

I need four more diamonds to finish the trials.
I think it's Hamilton who has the early build of the car, when the physics generally allowed for better handling. You're given the car with today's physics on top of it being dumbed down even more. I haven't even bought it but that seemed to be the general consensus when it came out iirc

I think it's Hamilton who has the early build of the car, when the physics generally allowed for better handling. You're given the car with today's physics on top of it being dumbed down even more. I haven't even bought it but that seemed to be the general consensus when it came out iirc

Yes that's what is said. Hamilton had an early build tune, ie. an early build of the game. I still remember how horrid that Mercedes was when I started Sport mode almost two years ago. Back when the Renault Megane ruled both the Gr4 and Gr3 races.

Dan
That is hilariously awful. Overlaying a crusty JPEG on top of some other car? Come on, dude.

Heh, I didn’t even need to see the car “model” to know it was fake. The background music seems pretty synonymous with YouTube B.S.

Just bought the Lewis Hamilton DLC and I'm not having fun with it. These times are so close to each other and Lewis just takes off like a rocket. That's expected from a professional F1 driver...

I'll be lucky if I can get just Bronze.

I find it very fun! I was able to get bronze easily on most of the of the races after a week, I got silver on one after another week of full concentration (1hr a day).

I've said in other threads that I sort of dont believe it's really him, but whatever I enjoy it regardless. I never play the online race portion of this game and just make my own custom races with a mix of VR hotlaps. Only compliant on this game is the inability to do time progression, which i prefer over rain...

Question to the hardcore completionists: Have you ever run out of colours to buy in the Mileage Points shop? Like can you have a complete collection at some point where everything is ticked or does PD keep adding new colours every week?

Question to the hardcore completionists: Have you ever run out of colours to buy in the Mileage Points shop? Like can you have a complete collection at some point where everything is ticked or does PD keep adding new colours every week?

I have all of the paint chips that have been offered, but I’ve been playing the game since launch, which was well over 2 years ago. I’ve most likely experienced every item that’s ever been cycled through the MiEx Shop. The only thing I haven’t done is purchase every color variation of the safety and Gr.3 road cars. Never felt particularly motivated to do that, though.

What’s unfortunate about the MiEx Shop, however, is the fact that they haven’t made all of the in-game manufacturer paint chips available. As with everything else, they keep cycling through the same batch.

Last edited:
Dan
I really wish this game had a better selection of wheels, and allowed us to put nearly every wheel on all cars. It annoys me to no end when I can’t use muscle car wheels on half the muscle cars!
It may happen when the Real game comes out.

Dan
I really wish this game had a better selection of wheels, and allowed us to put nearly every wheel on all cars. It annoys me to no end when I can’t use muscle car wheels on half the muscle cars!
Add balloon tyres too.

I know in GT6, the Mach1 Mustang's tyre width increased, when changing the wheels. If the Super Bee's suspension could be dropped to lo-rider stance, I'd be okay with the 14s it keeps. However, it's ridiculous to increase diameter, without an increase in width.

Add balloon tyres too.

I know in GT6, the Mach1 Mustang's tyre width increased, when changing the wheels. If the Super Bee's suspension could be dropped to lo-rider stance, I'd be okay with the 14s it keeps. However, it's ridiculous to increase diameter, without an increase in width.

What's the matter? Don't you like bicycle tyres on a car making 600+ hp? /s

What's the matter? Don't you like bicycle tyres on a car making 600+ hp? /s
Motorcycles have wider tyres than those joints. Hey, I swapped out the 205/15s( they were on Chevy S10 wheels when I got it) on my old '69 Cutlass 'S'(not quite 600hp from its 455cid) for 15x8 Aero50s on 235/15s. Rubbed a little on full lock, but I wasn't putting stock 14s on that. ;)

Other sims like rFactor, iRacing have events for charity while drivers are sitting at home.

Where is the Maestro, Lewis Hamilton? Where is the FIA?

It feels like a glaring absence and missed opportunity. Another sign that FIA doesn't take sim racing seriously.

Other sims like rFactor, iRacing have events for charity while drivers are sitting at home.

It feels like a glaring absence and missed opportunity. Another sign that FIA doesn't take sim racing seriously.
Those events are organized by third parties not affiliated with the game developers. GTS kind of loses in this regard because most sim racing fans don't take the game seriously and because despite the game having GT3 and GTE cars theyre disassociated from reality by grouping them together and BoP (and VGT cars of course).

PD could do an event of their own, for sure. Now that there are a lot of eyes on simracing Im sure GTS would make a good showing as we've seen in the WT events. Who would they get to drive though that has the star power to pull thousands of viewers? Aside from Lewis.

Those events are organized by third parties not affiliated with the game developers. GTS kind of loses in this regard because most sim racing fans don't take the game seriously and because despite the game having GT3 and GTE cars theyre disassociated from reality by grouping them together and BoP (and VGT cars of course).

PD could do an event of their own, for sure. Now that there are a lot of eyes on simracing Im sure GTS would make a good showing as we've seen in the WT events. Who would they get to drive though that has the star power to pull thousands of viewers? Aside from Lewis.
If I were sending invitations I would start with :

Kazunori Yamauchi, Keiichi Tsuchiya, Tanner Faust, Ludacris (both were involved with LV event) and Sung Kang.

Or maybe the FIA and PD takes racing too seriously and so they feel these sort of events are beneath them...

Either that or maybe the countries of these two organization are current being hit by the virus, they just have too much to handle right now before they can organize something to entertain you/us?

Edit
QUOTE="Achika_Kuonji, post: 13088458, member: 301267"]https://superformula.net/sf2/headline/22585
Super Formula's online round using GTSport will come on 17 May.[/QUOTE]

But then again...
Given them time, it takes time do organize things properly on the fly, it cannot be an overnight thing.

Hi all,

By any change can someone enlight me, or had a similar issue and know a possible fix for this, when try to sign in to: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/top/?

For info, I tried to sign in through Firefox, Chrome, IE. The issue is the same.

thanks in adavance.

I have this from time to time, usually it can be because the browser settings are not set to accept cookies automatically as the Sony site can be a bit picky about this setting in browsers.

Trying clearing browser history/password details first and then try logging in but if that fails then use this guide
https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Troubleshooting-PlayStation-Network-Issues?language=en_US

Hi all,

By any change can someone enlight me, or had a similar issue and know a possible fix for this, when try to sign in to: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/top/?

For info, I tried to sign in through Firefox, Chrome, IE. The issue is the same.

[could not establish connection with server]

thanks in adavance.
I've removed this image, because it very clearly shows the email account you use for PlayStation Network. It's an exceptionally bad idea to publish that information.

Back