Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Well, when looking at the original 162 car list, every car can be acquired with minimal effort.
Most expensive(of the original car list), is the Veneno, at 3.6mil. I receive that car when completing Driving School. Vulcan at 3.3mil. Bugatti Veyron is 2mil(I've also received that in Mission completion. La Ferrari is 1.6mil(received that as a DWG at on point). One-77 1.3mil. It's all 1mil and less from VGTs to the 29k 86 GT.

Much simpler or more focused(?) game at the start.

Wow, this is huge. To think I was going to share my humble result of 100 GT League victories...:lol:

What's your playtime? Must have taken you at least 400 hours if all of these wins are regular races. If they are endurance, then I'm too afraid to count.

According to the Achievements tab , 303 hours "Play time" and 551 hours "Time Driven".

I haven't done most of the Endurance races, so let's say average 12 minutes per race including loading time, 5 an hour x 303 hours = 1515 wins sounds about right.

Done a few races myself.

Wins_zpsadsi2qke.jpg

Damn youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
:sly::lol::bowdown:

Also, I think @05XR8 has hit the nail on the head above. I dont think they even considered the economy re those unicorns until long after game release.

Well, when looking at the original 162 car list, every car can be acquired with minimal effort.
Most expensive(of the original car list), is the Veneno, at 3.6mil. I receive that car when completing Driving School. Vulcan at 3.3mil. Bugatti Veyron is 2mil(I've also received that in Mission completion. La Ferrari is 1.6mil(received that as a DWG at on point). One-77 1.3mil. It's all 1mil and less from VGTs to the 29k 86 GT.

Much simpler or more focused(?) game at the start.
This makes me wonder if they meant to re-scale the payout percentages for credits, but forgot/never got to it. That pricing list corresponds well with they payouts we have, but once the price exceeds $5Mil it all gets thrown off.

According to the Achievements tab , 303 hours "Play time" and 551 hours "Time Driven".

I haven't done most of the Endurance races, so let's say average 12 minutes per race including loading time, 5 an hour x 303 hours = 1515 wins sounds about right.

Damn youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
:sly::lol::bowdown:

Also, I think @05XR8 has hit the nail on the head above. I dont think they even considered the economy re those unicorns until long after game release.

I've done 223 hours play time.
1016 hours drive time.
584 million prize money
660k mileage points
I currently have 330 cars, which I think is all of them except some of the mileage exchange safety cars.

I delete the daily prize cars to avoid having to many cars in my garage.

Of the 1950 wins, 592 of them are endurance races.

I've played every day since I got the game, except for a few days I was in hospital.

I wonder what sort of GT League events could be coming next? I don't think we've had a new race for the Gr.3 Endurance Series in a while. I'm pretty sure we'd only get more races if we get another track (or layout), too, so I'm hoping that's coming later this month. Having wet variants of Tokyo Expressway South would be fantastic, too, if only to complete things.

My wishlist for returning real circuits would probably be as follows:
1. Daytona (Speedway & Road Course)
2. Twin Ring Motegi
3. Monza '80s/Brands Hatch '80s
4. Silverstone
5. Sonoma Raceway (formerly Infineon)
6. Indianapolis (Speedway & Road Course)

I'm really hoping that one day, we could see an alternative layout for Special Stage Route X, too, even it it ends up not being as extreme as some of the screenshots suggested.

One thing I don't get is why the most expensive cars cannot be purchased as DLC... of course, charging £7.99 for a single car is absurd (sorry PD, but it really is...), but what is arguably worse still is that there is even more content that is effectively permanently inaccessible... it begs the question of why PD go to such lengths to create such amazing content, but they require an insane amount of grinding (i.e. a physically unhealthy amount of gameplay) in order to obtain. I guess a compromise would be in order - I can see the attraction of some DLC (i.e. for those of us who don't have the time to grind for otherwise inaccessible content) but the pricing needs to be fair and in proportion to the cost of the rest of the game.

My main concern is that these cars are so beautifully crafted, so detailed and arguably the finest digital creations in the motorsport genre... and I can't even use them. :(

I agree with this 100%.

The attitude of Polyphony Digital to Classic / Historic content across the Gran Turismo series has always baffled me! It is as if they don't think people will actually want to race these cars. Considering that Historic racing is one of the fastest growing sectors of motorsport - I think the opposite is true - i.e. there are many people who want to race these cars.

I didn't buy the game at launch because it lacked classic content and have spent my time instead enjoying AC and PC1/2 - the former has the Maserati 250F front engine F1 cars while the latter has the classic Lotus collection as well as many other mouth watering classics in properly structured classes.

I find it frustrating that Gran Turismo lumps these cars together in Group X - no attempt is made to cluster them in groups which could logically be on track at the same time. The same with the historic Group N cars - there are some crackers - great content let down by strange gameplay decisions.

Further to this, think about the crazy attempt to 'fix' the economy with the Hamilton time trials.

What other reason is there to gift you $120 mil. than to give you all the cars IF you complete all the challenges.

Again, most of the $20 mil. cars are useless UNLESS you just have to complete the Nostalgia 79 events. If you arent interested in them then dont bother.

I have an issue with Gr.X like most of you but they would solve 90% of Gr.X issues if they could just allow custom races with a chosen template of cars.

ie. you could roll your own Ford vs Ferrari custom races if you race in say a GT40 MkIV and you can choose your opponents to be *just* the Ferrari 330p4 and the MkIV.

The fact you cannot do this means these Gr.X cars are largely wasted.

You have the tracks, you have the cars but sorry you cannot race them in a logical fashion.

This is crazy, absolutely bonkers. If you tried to convey this to an audience of Turn10 people or even non auto racing enthusiasts they'd think you were lying, its that absurd.

I just did a sport race, I havent done in a while, what si with getting a 20 second penalty after the race? Idk what I did wrong. I served my penalties that I inadvertently made

Again, most of the $20 mil. cars are useless UNLESS you just have to complete the Nostalgia 79 events. If you arent interested in them then dont bother.

My problem with those events is the totally unrealistic tyres which you need to use to win. In real life historic racing the cars run on crossply tyres with a replica tread pattern. You can replicate this feel by using Sports Hard or Comfort tyres.

I have an issue with Gr.X like most of you but they would solve 90% of Gr.X issues if they could just allow custom races with a chosen template of cars.

ie. you could roll your own Ford vs Ferrari custom races if you race in say a GT40 MkIV and you can choose your opponents to be *just* the Ferrari 330p4 and the MkIV.

I agree with this 100%, but ideally the custom race feature would extend to being able to add cars from other classes - in 1967 there were many ford GT40 MK1's in the race at Le Mans together with a Shelby GT350 (Claude Dubois) and Chevrolet Corvette C2 (Dick Guldstrand).

You have the tracks, you have the cars but sorry you cannot race them in a logical fashion.

This is crazy, absolutely bonkers. If you tried to convey this to an audience of Turn10 people or even non auto racing enthusiasts they'd think you were lying, its that absurd.

Unfortunately the only way to use this content in a realistic way is with a group of online friends or via a historic league.

My problem with those events is the totally unrealistic tyres which you need to use to win. In real life historic racing the cars run on crossply tyres with a replica tread pattern. You can replicate this feel by using Sports Hard or Comfort tyres.

I agree with this 100%, but ideally the custom race feature would extend to being able to add cars from other classes - in 1967 there were many ford GT40 MK1's in the race at Le Mans together with a Shelby GT350 (Claude Dubois) and Chevrolet Corvette C2 (Dick Guldstrand).

Unfortunately the only way to use this content in a realistic way is with a group of online friends or via a historic league.
...and I think that's where PD are unwavering, in accommodating players, when using Custom Race. GTS always been about Sport Mode. Unfortunately, obviously even, this game won't change for those of us asking/wishing/hoping for such a change.

I had a feeling Covid-19 will attract new players. The fact we were getting server issues had me go check Kudos prime, and lo and behold -- the number of new players this month is massive.

The past 3-4 weeks have been seeing a 100k+ new player count.

Total is now nearly 10 million players.

Further to this, think about the crazy attempt to 'fix' the economy with the Hamilton time trials.

What other reason is there to gift you $120 mil. than to give you all the cars IF you complete all the challenges.

The fact you cannot do this means these Gr.X cars are largely wasted.

As an aside to this, I seem to recall reading on here that if you select a single car custom race with either the 330P4 or MkIV, you get the other car appearing as well. Doesn't change the validity of your point, in fact it just shows that PD could do it differently, if they wanted to...

One thing I don't get is why the most expensive cars cannot be purchased as DLC... of course, charging £7.99 for a single car is absurd (sorry PD, but it really is...), but what is arguably worse still is that there is even more content that is effectively permanently inaccessible... it begs the question of why PD go to such lengths to create such amazing content, but they require an insane amount of grinding (i.e. a physically unhealthy amount of gameplay) in order to obtain. I guess a compromise would be in order - I can see the attraction of some DLC (i.e. for those of us who don't have the time to grind for otherwise inaccessible content) but the pricing needs to be fair and in proportion to the cost of the rest of the game.

My main concern is that these cars are so beautifully crafted, so detailed and arguably the finest digital creations in the motorsport genre... and I can't even use them. :(

I think all cars should be available from the get go with the idea being that you complete the game with each individual car upgrading them as you go. To think that some folks wont have driven the sublime $20m Ferrari P4 330 is ridiculous...

PD obviously have stats on all our garages and which cars we drive the most etc.

They would know how many people actually own a 330 or a MkIV or a XJ13 etc.

They would know what your bank account is.

They would know that some people may not actually have the bank to actually acquire a 330p4.

They must know that the economy is well broken so as to deny the high end cars to most players.

So what are they doing to get people into these cars? The Hamilton challenges???

Even in GT6 I used B-Spec and seasonals to grind the hell out of their ecosystem to afford all the cars. They must know.

In my case it took years to get a 330 after taking a Daytona and other necessary cars.

Potentially obvious question: do the LH time trials offer substantial experience in addition to credits? I still don't feel like I'll be level 50 anytime soon, so if those time trials sped things up, that'd be great, in addition to the credits they offer.

In my case it took years to get a 330 after taking a Daytona and other necessary cars.

Kinda became pointless once you could modify your save files.

Pointless and/or disappointing for players that considered themselves completionists but I feel like modding the game unlocked a whole new path where lack of cars and credits were no longer a worry. It was more fun to see what kind of crazy contraptions you could come up with. Also fun to recreate cars or modify them the way you would IRL should you have the resources.

Also, in regards to the economy, the LH trials aren't that hard. The only really hard track is Willow Springs. You also dont need a wheel to complete them. I've gotten gold on all 10 trials, and diamond on 6 of them.

Two of them I got on my wheel, but I set faster times on my controller.

Last edited:
Talk about cheating. Never lost this race until just then. Figured I'd cruise around for another easy win. Two stopped, using all three compounds. M6 did a one stop AND got FL on the last lap!
EV12HnsUwAEJxtC.jpeg

I wonder what sort of GT League events could be coming next? I don't think we've had a new race for the Gr.3 Endurance Series in a while. I'm pretty sure we'd only get more races if we get another track (or layout), too, so I'm hoping that's coming later this month. Having wet variants of Tokyo Expressway South would be fantastic, too, if only to complete things.

My wishlist for returning real circuits would probably be as follows:
1. Daytona (Speedway & Road Course)
2. Twin Ring Motegi
3. Monza '80s/Brands Hatch '80s
4. Silverstone
5. Sonoma Raceway (formerly Infineon)
6. Indianapolis (Speedway & Road Course)

I'm really hoping that one day, we could see an alternative layout for Special Stage Route X, too, even it it ends up not being as extreme as some of the screenshots suggested.
We need some traditional 12hr-24hr Endurance events. Only this time with an ability save progress at pit stops.

I’m sure for many they will have no interest in such a slog. But if a race win came with a 20m+ reward and maybe some other cool incentive. Many would sink the required time into such events during this Lockdown period.

We need some traditional 12hr-24hr Endurance events. Only this time with an ability save progress at pit stops.

I’m sure for many they will have no interest in such a slog. But if a race win came with a 20m+ reward and maybe some other cool incentive. Many would sink the required time into such events during this Lockdown period.

I’m personally fine with the current endurances being about an hour, especially since there isn’t any dynamic time/weather. I’d wait for the next game to feature that. I’d also make the endurances as long as they were in GT3, as a compromise. Especially since in real life, one driver doesn’t drive the whole 24h.

Also, do the LH Time Trials offer notable experience in addition to the credits?

I have a good feeling that the May 25th upadte will be pretty great. Because not only have we been promised the Mazda RX-Vision GT3 but also the Lambo VGT and the Porsche 917 Living Legend. It'd be pretty cool if those three all came to the game via the same update.

GTSport is amazing, I can't stop playing, the livery editor is a massive time sink and I'm scare about the prospects of the next entry on the series: it'll sure ruin my 🤬 life, as much as GT2 did back in the day, when I massively bombed on math, physics and whatnot due to those mighty fun endurance races.

Sorry, as you were.

Back