Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Anyone know why I can no longer save a screenshot or video using the Share button? All that happens is an icon shows up in the left upper screen, there is no way to save a screenshot or video. I have over 1TB of free space on the PS4. It started a few days ago.
How does the icon look? When I have instant share on it does that on screenshot I have to long press to share video.
Go to settings storage gallery they might be there

I had a question. Is there any reasoning behind the re-naming of the two Fuji Speedway layouts? I know the change was made at least a year or two ago, but I wonder if it was related to licensing.
FISCO has never officially used such 'F' and 'GT' layout names ever.
Maybe they were named by PDI?

How does the icon look? When I have instant share on it does that on screenshot I have to long press to share video.
Go to settings storage gallery they might be there
I've narrowed it down to... It's only happening when playing GTS and only with the new DS4 controller I recently bought on eBay. I suspect the DS4 is a China forgery because it repeatedly keeps shutting down right after logging in, the battery does not last long, and sometimes the buttons don't respond.

I've narrowed it down to... It's only happening when playing GTS and only with the new DS4 controller I recently bought on eBay. I suspect the DS4 is a China forgery because it repeatedly keeps shutting down right after logging in, the battery does not last long, and sometimes the buttons don't respond.
It's no fun when the controller is bad
I bought a no-name copy from a real shop. It lasted one day. They send me a replacement. That lasted two. So they returned my money and I bought a real one.

Well like you say it's a knock off. And you chose to save a few bucks on something you use often. So it's mostly on you.

The whole China makes poor quality stereotype was 10 years ago. China makes all the electronic components. These days the knock-offs often come from the same factory with different names. And the price difference comes down to quality control. ie product which fail quality control and then repaired and sold as off-brand. There's usually a reason if you see 2 identical products with different prices.

Well like you say it's a knock off. And you chose to save a few bucks on something you use often. So it's mostly on you.

The whole China makes poor quality stereotype was 10 years ago. China makes all the electronic components. These days the knock-offs often come from the same factory with different names. And the price difference comes down to quality control. ie product which fail quality control and then repaired and sold as off-brand. There's usually a reason if you see 2 identical products with different prices.
I think materials figure into it. Years ago, my brother bought his wife knock off Taylor Mades while he was working in China. Same factory but different alloys. They broke not long after.

There's loads of places selling genuine DS4s that aren't selling genuine DS4s. In fact almost every place you see online that's selling a DS4 is selling a knock-off - even most Amazon listings are counterfeits.

They (usually) look identical, and there's almost no way to tell until you start using it - eveything down to the packaging and the product information/barcode sticker on the back is right.

Your only hope of being sure you're getting a real controller is direct from Sony, or a physical real-world games retailer. Amazon is a definite no-no.

It's no fun when the controller is bad
I bought a no-name copy from a real shop. It lasted one day. They send me a replacement. That lasted two. So they returned my money and I bought a real one.
The seller is no longer registered on eBay and one of his reviews was about getting fake airpods.
There's loads of places selling genuine DS4s that aren't selling genuine DS4s. In fact almost every place you see online that's selling a DS4 is selling a knock-off - even most Amazon listings are counterfeits.

They (usually) look identical, and there's almost no way to tell until you start using it - eveything down to the packaging and the product information/barcode sticker on the back is right.

Your only hope of being sure you're getting a real controller is direct from Sony, or a physical real-world games retailer. Amazon is a definite no-no.
It looks genuine.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Although it's only open to residents of Malaysia, good on Michelin, looks like a great event and very generous with the prizes. I wish other countries would follow.

The Michelin Virtual Racing Series 2021 is Michelin Malaysia’s first major endeavour into the local esports industry as part of its new Motion for Life brand direction celebrating all-inclusive mobility. The event has been sanctioned by the Motorsports Association of Malaysia (MAM) and is organised by our very own Malaysia Speed Festival (MSF)

Michelin Virtual Racing Series launches in Malaysia – play GT Sport, win RM70k in prizes, including tyres! - paultan.org

It looks genuine.
I have a DS3 just the same. All looks totally fine, with just the mildest discrepancy on the product info sticker on the back. It also has terrible buttons, USB connector, battery life, and weight.

This is a genuine DS4 direct from Sony (a 3 for 2 sale last year):

20210608_164420.jpg

Mine came in package that looks more like fisheye's. As do most of the ones I see on the shelf here.

The seller is no longer registered on eBay and one of his reviews was about getting fake airpods.
It looks genuine.
View attachment 1016229
My guess is that it is real. But from the returns pile. Which fell off the back of a truck.

Or from what you mentioned above, it could be that USB connection for recharge. Have you tried using a different cable? I have four cables and only one works 100%, the others don't like that angle for USB input.

Last edited:
Mine came in package that looks more like fisheye's. As do most of the ones I see on the shelf here.
Ah well, mine is from PlayStation Europe and yours are from PlayStation North America. I doubt they'd go to the trouble of including the description in Polish for the North American market :D

I remember when I bought a DS3 from a seller on amazon. Got a letter from Dover a few weeks later telling me I had ordered something that had been seized by customs. At least I (and the many other people who left feedback on their page) got my money back.

i bought a supposed new ds3 from walmart ...and was jebaited

I‘m curious how many People actually take Part in FIA Manufacturer Series here in Europe.
Are there any Numbers available ?!
How are those Numbers in other Regions…is there a way to look for these kind of stats?
I couldn‘t find any of these on Kudosprime.
Maybe someone can point me into the needed direction…:)

I‘m curious how many People actually take Part in FIA Manufacturer Series here in Europe.
Are there any Numbers available ?!
How are those Numbers in other Regions…is there a way to look for these kind of stats?
I couldn‘t find any of these on Kudosprime.
Maybe someone can point me into the needed direction…:)

You can check the individual rankings on the GT website. You just have to keep scrolling.

In EMEA 24,406 people have attempted at least 1 Manufacturers race and 20,673 for Nations.

Should be noted that a number of people are on zero points presumably from disconnects/rage quits.

@PirovacBoy You got me interested (and I was bored).

View attachment 1017676
Haha, well at least we know the actual Numbers now, thanks to your investigative Ambitions…it’s always Good to be curious :D
Btw, those Numbers are definitely lower than what i have been expecting.
Despite the fact that there are More than 1Million Accounts Worldwide, the actual Participation Numbers in this FIA Championships are relatively low.
Well, i just guess Racing in e-Sport is still a Niche Sector.
Hopefully it‘ll change in the next years…

Hi everyone, I have alot of vehicles in GT Sport that are VERY slow off the start line or accelerating full throttle from a stand still......one of them is the Ford GT40 Mark I as an example. I'm wondering if any of you have the same problem with any of your vehicles. Thanks.

Hi everyone, I have alot of vehicles in GT Sport that are VERY slow off the start line or accelerating full throttle from a stand still......one of them is the Ford GT40 Mark I as an example. I'm wondering if any of you have the same problem with any of your vehicles. Thanks.
Can I suggest you adjust your settings in your transmission for shorter gearing for better acceleration...

The gear ratios of GT40 in GTS is wrong, since that is actually for GT40 Mark II.
I recommend the real Mark I gear ratios. It's actually impossible to set them completely the same as the real one, but those are;
1: 2.420
2: 1.470
3: 1.090
4: 0.960
5: 0.850
Final: 4.220 (3.330 as an option)
Reverse: 3.75 (Impossible to adjust in game)

Before adjusting the gear ratio, try taking this method.

1. Set the Max. Speed (Auto Set) highest to widen the gear ratio adjustable range.
2. Change the final gear ratio and select Max. Speed again and accept. The adjustable range becomes different.
3. Repeat method 2 until you can find the gear ratio range which you can input your wanted gear ratios, and when it's over, adjust final gear ratio as you want and NEVER touch the Max. Speed again.

Sorry for such an obscure expression...

Ok now I have a question, can someone explain what the DRS light on my HUD is and what it is telling me, i don't see it on many cars but in a lobby race tonight i was in my Bugatti VGT and there it was blinking.

Ok now I have a question, can someone explain what the DRS light on my HUD is and what it is telling me, i don't see it on many cars but in a lobby race tonight i was in my Bugatti VGT and there it was blinking.
The Bugatti VGT has automatic DRS that adjusts itself over time.

Others have manual DRS (e.g. McLaren P1 GTR, the Mercedes-AMG F1 W08 EQ Power+, to name a few).

Back