Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
It literally says that it will be more than just a prologue.

Yeah, but that's marketing speak. It's not a prologue, but it's not a full game either. They're very clear that it's somewhere in the middle.

IMO, if it's not a full game then it's a prologue. Anything that is cut down from a full game is in some form a prologue. It may be a very beefy prologue, but I rather suspect they're simply trying to avoid that word. Partially because of the saga after the last prologue, and partially because Kaz already said "no prologues on PS4". He can keep his word if they make a prologue but don't call it that...

They should just grow some balls and say that they're making a smaller game so that they can really deliver a high quality experience. It's fine.

Remember GT HD to GT5? GT Sport is that to GT7.

Still majorly dependant on GT6 but optimised for PS4. Its the PD way to seek out the PS4 capabilities to expand in the future.

GTS for 2016 then maybe GT7 for 2017, possible ? GTS will likely still have FIA competition running together with GT7 release and life time, 2 games with different flavor ? 2020 for GT8 :lol: and 2022 for PS5 :lol:

After seeing the trailer, I am honestly in aw! If the grahics from the trailer are what we'll see in game, then 10 outa 10, 100 outa 100! Best game!
But here's my problem. I has no moneys... If I want to play this when it comes out, I'm going to have to buy a New PS4, Playstation Plus membership, the new GT game, and (if the driving force pro isn't supported) a new steering wheel. That could be a $400-$650 investment. And if I decide to get the Playstation VR, that could easily be another $300 or so.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-28-gran-turismo-sport-is-not-gran-turismo-7 /thread

So we're getting a beta for a prolouge-ish spinoff to the main game. what?

Finally, a confirmation:

Gran Turismo Sport, the newly announced PlayStation 4 driving simulation from Polyphony Digital, is not Gran Turismo 7, Sony has confirmed - though Sony insists it'll be more substantial than the Prologue games that have prefaced mainline Gran Turismo games in the past.

Thank you, based Sony. Took a lot sooner then expected for that to be answered.

Thinking about changing the title and OP for a general discussion thread since I know we want to discuss more than if it's a prologue or a full game. Does that sound good for you guys?

Gran Turismo's U.S. website claims that GTS will "redefine gaming and motorsport" as well as being accessible to a wider audience. Make of that what you will.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gtsport/

As I posted in another thread the back of the GT6 box says that it will "change the racing genre forever". It also claims 1200 "stunning" cars.

272849_back.jpg

I really wouldn't read into anything like that, it's marketing spiel.

A prologue that's not a prologue, a smaller installment which will keep us busy until GT7 releases. It sounds promising, with the online championship and all. It will most likely keep us busy and not thinking of GT7 too much. In a few days of playing GTS will make this clear (if it is as nice as it should be). I bet my 50 cents on this. Now, that being said, can't we just be pleased that we actually got some GT news, no matter how scarce the info was? I'm sure this game will be great and keep us busy for at least 6 months. Maybe longer.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that you're still able to search for what kind of lobby you want to join. (My brain derped)

Last edited:
I presume GT Sport is going to be a spin-off of the series for the purpose of testing how is the new mode going to work in GT7 in case they decide to implement it.

If the game is going to be centered around FIA championships, I expect significantly limited amount of cars, albeit fairly balanced each in their own class. This will probably remove all standard cars all all those cars that cannot be grouped together or haven't been part of FIA championships.

Maybe the same will be available in offline career mode - take a car from a certain class and aim for the title.

Generally, if this predictions turn right, this could be a controversial game, it could significantly damage traditional paradigm GT is known for. It could also focus primarily on race cars, and that ain't good either.

But what do I know? :)

Now that we know what exactly this game is, which some people in this thread surmised correctly, I can hope for certain features I would like to see in a "prologue" like game. Ofcourse, I use this term loosley. I would like to see the physics model that will be used for GT7 in practice here. To get a taste of what I can expect from the main series. As I understand it, GT Sport will focus on online competition. I would like to see a detailed stat tracking page, as well as maybe full race seasons. I don't need a plethora of cars, just a modest selection of race cars from their respective disciplines. Which is what I expect Kaz is going for with this title.

Just noticed something:

gran-turismo-sport-screenshots-1.png

Take a good look at the driver's Gloves and helmet visor. As someone who actively fiddles with the Racing suits, I don't recall seeing the FIA logo or signage on them.
Can you point them out? :P

As I posted in another thread the back of the GT6 box says that it will "change the racing genre forever". It also claims 1200 "stunning" cars.

272849_back.jpg

I really wouldn't read into anything like that, it's marketing spiel.

Yay you're back.

I'm a bit gutted GTSport isn't GT7, we'll be 3 years into a console generation and we still won't have a proper GT game. SO much for PD learning from GT5.

Honestly, I did not expect some of the cars shown to be in a GT game. I don't think this going to be a bad game like some others think it will

I mean why not? Forza has the Horizon games which have been a success, so why shouldn't Gran Turismo do something outside of the main series?

I wish we would get a "Gran Turismo Horizon". It would be so cool.

With Driveclub being the flagship arcade racing series for the time being, I don't think Sony would back a more casual Gran Turismo game any time soon (especially not before GT7).

Back