Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
With Driveclub being the flagship arcade racing series for the time being, I don't think Sony would back a more casual Gran Turismo game any time soon (especially not before GT7).
I didn't mean casual, I'm sorry if my statement was vague. I was just in fantasy land and was picturing a street racing game with GT physics. Like a "hardcore" version of Horizon. None of that driving through feilds and fences stuff at 120mph.

I didn't mean casual, I'm sorry if my statement was vague. I was just in fantasy land and was picturing a street racing game with GT physics. Like a "hardcore" version of Horizon. None of that driving through feilds and fences stuff at 120mph.

Ah yeah, I get what you mean. I would rather have that as something they would incorporate in GT7 by having some of the city circuits without barriers allowing you to drive anywhere (we have already seen it is possible in Rome from the Toyota 86 trailer).

Ah yeah, I get what you mean. I would rather have that as something they would incorporate in GT7 by having some of the city circuits without barriers allowing you to drive anywhere (we have already seen it is possible in Rome from the Toyota 86 trailer).
Perfect. I would really enjoy this as a break from some of the more intense races.

I haven't really read up on the rumours and news floating around about this game, but maybe this game has some serious focus on race series and competition. To me it kinda seems like they are taking Gran Turismo and trying to make it more interesting for competitive players (as they wanna host esport events with this apparently), so maybe the focus of the game will be to create more balanced racing action, somehow. Maybe through a better PP system?

This is their chance for Special Stage Route City, or bring back New York and Tokyo R246 to a more larger free roam type scale, Project Gotham kind of did it back then with their large city tracks.
I'm not banking on it being in the final game, wishfull thinking I guess. At some point Kaz must realize how fun it would be to meet up with your friends in a free roam environment and just run stop lights for an hour.

or I could just read the thread

"In addition to everything you'd expect from a GT, the team at Polyphony and the FIA are introducing an online racing series"
Why does this sentence make me feel like the content that isnt related to this FIA thing is gonna be a letdown?

or I could just read the thread

"In addition to everything you'd expect from a GT, the team at Polyphony and the FIA are introducing an online racing series"
Why does this sentence make me feel like the content that isnt related to this FIA thing is gonna be a letdown?
Probably because it's not the main focus. This is similar to a prologue, but it's directed toward serious online competition, so I don't think as many of the single-player features will be included

Update: Sony Executive Jim Ryan Confident in GT Sport release date.

https://www.gtplanet.net/sony-executive-jim-ryan-confident-in-gt-sport-release-date/

That just confirms that it won't be a Project CARS release :P
You do know that GT5 was delayed far more than Project Cars ever was right?

Gran Turismo isn’t the most reliable when it comes to scheduling as evidenced by delays affecting virtually every installment in the franchise in some way or another, and with the aforementioned confirmation that GT Sport will release some time next year, is Sony confident the game can be released on time without any trouble?

GT Sport vs GT6

8dak9x.png

D2ub7ub.jpg

I don't think this is GT7, I think it's a standalone spinoff for a dedicated GTAcadamy game. Sounds as if it exists for the sole purpose of esports racing and maybe scouting for GTAcadamy. This is very disappointing, I was hoping for GT7. I skipped out on 6 because I switched to PS4; I really am in withdrawal from not playing a GT game. And don't get me wrong, I'm very glad to see a game like this. Traditionally I have been very good a GT games, so this game seems right up my alley; but sometimes I just wanna cruise around in a car I own, or used to own, and just chill.
GT7 obably wont be announced until after the release of GTSPORT, granted, but i wouldnt think nit would be too far in the distant future after the release, and probably a 2017-18 release date (probably being a bit optomistic with that) giving them plenty of time to perfect the game (well to the best of their abilities), lets just sit back, drink our martini's and enjoy the GTSPORT ride.

You can even see how much more upscaled the model is in the nitty gritty, even moreso than the hi premium model from GT6. The trackside changes are much more noticeable, the grass looks more grassy and the trees are much more detailed.

Yeah, the graphical updates are immediately apparent, but I wonder if they have the capacity to update all of current tracks and have enough staff left for new tracks.

Windshield wipers probably indicate an interior (Those are missing from all VGTs and the Mazda in GT6 too), and there were a few frames in the teaser that showed a closeup of an A-Spec Andy in the cockpit of the Bugatti Vision GT.

I may be picking on John Ryan's words here, but because he says "The old days, when the games were offline, the experience was defined by what's [was] on the disc", I'm lead to believe that GT Sport will be updated to the full GT7 spec over a certain period of time. I also think that the game will include Premium Cars from GT6 and a brand new selection of so say 200 cars, based on the fact that there were no cars in the trailer made before 2010.

I may be picking on John Ryan's words here, but because he says "The old days, when the games were offline, the experience was defined by what's [was] on the disc".

The good old days, when features were actually included and not just moved to the 'add as a DLC someday maybe' pile.

Back