Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
That huge monitor on the vision GT booth shows the GT SPORT logo, can it be that that toyota is playable in GT SPORT?

Or maybe they show just the trailer (or some new stuff :eek::lol:)...

Edit: forget it, just the trailer as writen in the pitstop blog :boggled:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 162
I may be picking on John Ryan's words here, but because he says "The old days, when the games were offline, the experience was defined by what's [was] on the disc", I'm lead to believe that GT Sport will be updated to the full GT7 spec over a certain period of time. I also think that the game will include Premium Cars from GT6 and a brand new selection of so say 200 cars, based on the fact that there were no cars in the trailer made before 2010.
I think what he was referring to in that statement, was distancing GTS from GT5p, in that 5p was released as a very small game and not updated, whereas GTS will be a bigger game and receive regular updates. I believe he's just making it clear that GTS isn't a release and done title, it'll be ongoing, but I don't think it'll evolved into GT7. They've already shown with GT5p that they can sell millions of units of a smaller game at a high price so long as it's a giant leap forward from the previous game. So why not try and sell 3-5 million smaller GTS games and then release the full GT7 and sell another 8-10 million of that?

http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/en/article/2284 The article confirmes that the Toyota S-FR and the Fire Red Nissan VGT, shown in a build of GT6 at Tokyo Motor Show, will not be included in GT6 but in a future installment of Gran Turismo. So yeah, I guess those two cars are pretty much confirmed to be in GTSport.

Putting in all that effort to showcase those new cars within GT6 only for them not to be released as a minor update to the players. Great logic there PD.

I think what he was referring to in that statement, was distancing GTS from GT5p, in that 5p was released as a very small game and not updated, whereas GTS will be a bigger game and receive regular updates.

I dunno. GT5P got spec 2 and 3 at least.

I think they're still fighting a rearguard battle against the fact that while the support for GT5 and GT6 was ongoing, it was really badly organised. Particularly after the course maker saga, I imagine there's quite a lot of people who hear "regular updates" and think "great, another unfinished game".

They need to sell the fact that Polyphony is reliable and consistent with their updates. Because regardless of whether or not that was true in the past, there's people with that perception.

Significantly improved shading and texture quality, headlight clusters are more headlighty and prominent, smoother metallic texture with a more reflective quality, machine is also visibly dirty and scratched and many more light sources reflect on the machine.

Last edited:
Whilst the differences are obviously huge it's not a truly fair comparison unless we know the GTS footage is in-game like the GT6 image is. GT6 in trailers obviously looked far better than the final thing, we can't know for sure that's how it'll look in-game in GTS.

The Shaders are driveclub level quality, Insane. the best thing about GTS's beta is we get to see what PD does with the PS4's power.

Whilst the differences are obviously huge it's not a truly fair comparison unless we know the GTS footage is in-game like the GT6 image is. GT6 in trailers obviously looked far better than the final thing, we can't know for sure that's how it'll look in-game in GTS.
I would suggest the GT6 image is Photomode.
1st teaser trailer vs Photomode.
Neither are what I would call 'in-game'.

But yes, the "differences are obviously huge".

Just a thought, Imagine if what Jim Ryan said about GT Sport not being GT7 meant GT Sport could one day be "patched" to become GT7, like bikes being added to Driveclub. if we bought GT Sport and later on paid $30-40 to "upgrade" to GT7?
Just a thought, not sure if thats been mentioned as a possibility.
Personally, I think GT7 will release in December.I think GT Sport is going to help refine and be a beta test for GT7 and be a tool Sony uses to draw the core gamer into Playstation VR.
Perhaps Sony needed GT by PSVR launch and PD couldnt deliver, thus PD releasing a slice called GT Sport by the time PSVR launches (2nd quarter 2016)

GT7 doesn't exist. Not officially.

I don't understand why you focus on? It becomes tedious !

GT Sport isn't a prologue or a technical demo but a new GT, point. This is an episode that is expected for a long time, obviously.
I remind you that the partnership with the FIA announced almost 2 years ago.

Just a thought, Imagine if what Jim Ryan said about GT Sport not being GT7 meant GT Sport could one day be "patched" to become GT7, like bikes being added to Driveclub. if we bought GT Sport and later on paid $30-40 to "upgrade" to GT7?
Just a thought, not sure if thats been mentioned as a possibility.
Personally, I think GT7 will release in December.I think GT Sport is going to help refine and be a beta test for GT7 and be a tool Sony uses to draw the core gamer into Playstation VR.
Perhaps Sony needed GT by PSVR launch and PD couldnt deliver, thus PD releasing a slice called GT Sport by the time PSVR launches (2nd quarter 2016)
Simple, no. GT7 wont out before 2017. GT sport beta is coming lets say April, May 2016 so full version GT sport wont out before November next year. I expect GT7 mid/late 2017. And we know that GT sport will be online oriented with little or say basic care about offline. 2017 will give them time to develope good single player (gtmode) for GT7. I will buy PS4 when GT7 comes out, because I wont pay ps+ to play online so GT sport not working for me... Am 27 years old and have more impotant stuff where need to spend money that that...

I think what he was referring to in that statement, was distancing GTS from GT5p, in that 5p was released as a very small game and not updated, whereas GTS will be a bigger game and receive regular updates. I believe he's just making it clear that GTS isn't a release and done title, it'll be ongoing, but I don't think it'll evolved into GT7. They've already shown with GT5p that they can sell millions of units of a smaller game at a high price so long as it's a giant leap forward from the previous game. So why not try and sell 3-5 million smaller GTS games and then release the full GT7 and sell another 8-10 million of that?
That would make a lot of business sense.

Looking back at an older article in relation to GT on PS4, what Kaz says about the damage and premium cars suggests that GT Sport will showcase these 2 new features and focus a bit less on a career mode.
https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-7-to-see-improved-crash-damage-physics-coming-before-2017/

Last edited:
This should be a great prologue! (If it is) if not , I couldn't expect to be anything less? While the thought of seeing anything new and gran turismo related arouses me in a vehicular way, I happy to be hearing news! Does me I'll have to get that damn PS4 now but.... nevermind, beta is said to be next year. Small tease but, another fresh face to see from polyphony.

I don't know if this has been mentioned since my last post (on page 1). But reading the Gran Turismo site raises an interesting question for me. They make very clear statements about what they're doing with the game. But, will they really follow through with it?
Here is the quote directly from Gran Turismo themselves;

"The graphics, sound and physics engine will be the most realistic ever experienced in a driving simulator thanks to the new platform and the new technologies, but that alone would be a too obvious improvement: the way driving
games are played will also undergo a huge revolution with “Gran Turismo SPORT”.
This is a vision that invokes the rebirth of motorsports."

The Graphics, Sound and Physics WILL be the most realistic ever experienced in a driving simulator...
That is a very bold statement in recent light of games like Assetto Corsa. Now, I never liked Project CARS (owned it, played it, hated it) so they can easily beat that game in my opinion (I'm not getting into an argument about this game, it has no point to me). But Assetto Corsa is a game that prides itself on Laser Scanning everything and being as accurate to real life as they can humanly get it. Though I have not played Assetto Corsa as of yet, it makes me wonder how bold of a statement Polyphony have made here when they will be in direct competition on PS4 in 2016.

I'm interested to see what GT Sport offers. But are they just making more wild claims to try to shift units? I hope that PD deliver with this, even though since my last post it has been revealed that GT Sport isn't the full GT7. I hope that they're focussing on just Premium spec cars, and properly updating tracks and environments. Adding the experimental 'puddles' found on GT6 Course Creator tracks. More importantly, making a very good foundation for GT7 to be built upon.

My reference for the quote: http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gtsport/

I don't know if this has been mentioned since my last post (on page 1). But reading the Gran Turismo site raises an interesting question for me. They make very clear statements about what they're doing with the game. But, will they really follow through with it?

"The graphics, sound and physics engine will be the most realistic ever experienced in a driving simulator thanks to the new platform and the new technologies, but that alone would be a too obvious improvement: the way driving

The Graphics, Sound and Physics WILL be the most realistic ever experienced in a driving simulator...
That is a very bold statement in recent light of games like Assetto Corsa. Now, I never liked Project CARS (owned it, played it, hated it) so they can easily beat that game in my opinion (I'm not getting into an argument about this game, it has no point to me). But Assetto Corsa is a game that prides itself on Laser Scanning everything and being as accurate to real life as they can humanly get it. Though I have not played Assetto Corsa as of yet, it makes me wonder how bold of a statement Polyphony have made here when they will be in direct competition on PS4 in 2016.

I'm interested to see what GT Sport offers. But are they just making more wild claims to try to shift units? I hope that PD deliver with this, even though since my last post it has been revealed that GT Sport isn't the full GT7. I hope that they're focussing on just Premium spec cars, and properly updating tracks and environments. Adding the experimental 'puddles' found on GT6 Course Creator tracks. More importantly, making a very good foundation for GT7 to be built upon.

Don't forget beta doesn't even start until next year so there's a lot they can do between now and then

...Hate to point out, but I just noticed that there are two threads named GTS: General Discussion.

I see both with plenty enough posts, so which one's a legit one? :confused:

...Hate to point out, but I just noticed that there are two threads named GTS: General Discussion.

I believe the one on the bottom of the forum list is for the next trailer, this one's the actual one

Don't forget beta doesn't even start until next year so there's a lot they can do between now and then

True. I just hope the come through with these claims because GT has always been my favourite racing game since I played GT2 as a 7 year old. I just hope it delivers what they say they're going to deliver because GT6 let me down slightly.

I do believe this one went up first, and has been the main one since announcement.

There is an easy out. Gran Turismo will be the most realistic "driving simulator". Since it's the only game that claims to be a "driving simulator", it's both the most and least realistic and everything in between. Assetto Corsa is "Your Racing Simulator". Doesn't claim to be either a driving simulator or the best, just yours.

Back