Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Wonder if this is a track. Clearly not a photoscape with those npcs.

1GQb.png
I just checked the entirety of the Seattle track (long and short) and haven't find a match. The bike lane design is different too.

That photo is definitely a scape, not a gameplay track. I imagine they won't use real people in any scapes because they would need permission from every person to use their image or blur faces like Google maps, which would look silly.

That photo is definitely a scape, not a gameplay track. I imagine they won't use real people in any scapes because they would need permission from every person to use their image or blur faces like Google maps, which would look silly.

I'm pretty sure they're 'GT' people, not real ones. Check the identical poses.

Edit: missed the point here somewhat :)

Last edited:
New menus are amazing! I really like these car selection menus with model and cockpit. so beautiful!

h8vd9ramjm6j2lao79zv.jpg

1ng93h0u1f8nm23gjdjb.jpg

0m0i9v0vc9ykcnu1glum.jpg

wzpgky88nnksvdbwdpy2.jpg

mp02jljbsco00xgaf3wm.jpg

2lh9k0u9lj9ctuu8pdeb.jpg
Ok guys, now i don't want to be the party pooper but there are things on these shots that i give me an hard time to be sure on the freedom we'llhave on the customization.

1. Only certain models have more selectable colours, the old paintchips are presumed to be gone.
  2. The liveried cars ( Toyota- Audi) give me the impression that we'll be only choosing if we want to put the custom (the original livery) livery on, stretch it or change position of it. i don't see color customization happening.
  3. I hope i'm wrong but numberplates seem to be fixed for every car. ( Lie the Audi will have either number 1 or number 28)

@Scaff may I ask what made the Evora so difficult? Did it have snap oversteer under 100kmh like many MR cars in GT6?
I think he was talking about sound regarding that car.

Anyone here are my first ever laps of GT SPORT, I was messing around with car to test how it handles in different situations:

Tom, just want to say it again mate, really great job yesterday on the commentary.

There was almost a 4-wide moment on the long Nurb stretch yesterday (perhaps in the US/Japan race) and it was really high drama, brilliant entertainment. I salute you!

If anyone has any videos of that race, or others, would be great to share here.

Also, on that front, what improvements do you think the spectator mode needs to help commentators/spectators out do you think? Seemed like at some points it cut away from some entertaining duels randomly.

(Also quite funny that the US v Japan race was won by an English guy!)
Already posted on the video thread but I'll post it here again regarding the race with four people battling it out right at end of race:

Missed the "US vs Japan" race as my brother wanted to go home so look forward to watching it once uploaded.

Team GB. 👍

I agree! Great job Tom.

I think @Tidgney proposed we add a couple of UK guys to that race. Someone had to put a stop to the Japanese guys winning. :cool:
Were you not one one of the participators on the 19th? Don't think I saw you on live stream. Was thinking where's Adam, he would probably beat them like a boss.

I'm pretty sure they're 'GT' people, not real ones. Check the identical poses.
Yes that is what I was saying. People were saying it wasn't a scape because they were 3d model people, but as I say, I doubt they'll use real people in any scapes for the reason I mentioned

Missed the "US vs Japan" race as my brother wanted to go home so look forward to watching it once uploaded.

Team GB. 👍

Were you not one one of the participators on the 19th? Don't think I saw you on live stream. Was thinking where's Adam, he would probably beat them like a boss.

I was helping out and adjudicated on both days. I think the competitors were the top ranked players in last year's GT Academy online time trial with a sort of random number players from different countries. I only got to jump in the US v Japan race which I hope someone has a video of!

Tom, just want to say it again mate, really great job yesterday on the commentary.

There was almost a 4-wide moment on the long Nurb stretch yesterday (perhaps in the US/Japan race) and it was really high drama, brilliant entertainment. I salute you!

If anyone has any videos of that race, or others, would be great to share here.

Also, on that front, what improvements do you think the spectator mode needs to help commentators/spectators out do you think? Seemed like at some points it cut away from some entertaining duels randomly.

(Also quite funny that the US v Japan race was won by an English guy!)

Thank you so much, I really do appreciate that!

I have to say that I thought the spectator mode was a huge improvement on GT6 and the live replays certainly added to the drama and really allowed me to be able to analyse certain incidents in greater depth. I think there's certainly room for improvement regarding cutting away from certain battles, but name tags definitely helped identification.

On the whole I was very pleased with how the spectator mode panned out from my point of view. Excited to see the final product!

It's good to read some real experience from people that actually know their stuff like @Scaff @Saidur_Ali @FT-1 and @Aderrrm (and probably forgetting someone here, so don't feel offended if I missed you), so much more helpful than all of the usual apologist vs hater comments. 👍 Thanks for sharing your experiences/thoughts guys. :cheers:

Discussion in these forums usually reminds me of a Jerry Springer Black Panthers vs KKK show. :lol:

I was helping out and adjudicated on both days. I think the competitors were the top ranked players in last year's GT Academy online time trial with a sort of random number players from different countries. I only got to jump in the US v Japan race which I hope someone has a video of!
I thought that might have been the case. AJ I think has got that one recorded it and will be posted beginning of next week. I'm hoping someone recorded race two as my brother's phone memory ran out, think it was my first GT online race since 2012. There seemed to be like two proper cameras about so hopefully all races got recorded and will be uploaded like stuff on the 19th on PlayStation YouTube channel.

The most pleasing thing about this event is that although signs of the old PD are still there but they've evolved somewhat, not just in getting youtube people and GTPlanet members for the event, but actually showing playable stuff (which to be fair, Sony First party studios have been doing lately) and not just a trailer and some bull shots. Also they're actually starting to provide a decent online mode and adding much requested features like a Livery editor and ditching the standards.

They surprised me in some aspects, I'm sold on the game, bit let down on some missing features which hopefully make it eventually but good signs for the future.

Also I avatar bet that not only will this game not get released for 2016 but the livery editor will be a bit of a let down.

Hi guys, I am doubting about GT Sport due to just one thing... It is going to be like a "prologue" game? Or it will be a brand new full game?

Thanks!

Hi guys, I am doubting about GT Sport due to just one thing... It is going to be like a "prologue" game? Or it will be a brand new full game?

Thanks!
Kinda neither.

GT Sport is - hence the name - an 'eSports platform'. In essence it's a title entirely designed around community features - online racing and eSports primarily, but also things like Photomode, the livery editor and the online licensing system by which you can effectively trade off the digital licence you gain in the game against the theory component of a real-life motorsports licence.

It's best to think of it as a full game, but one that is not part of the numerical Gran Turismo canon. Don't go expecting the car and track counts - or variety for that matter - that you might get in a numbered GT series game, but don't think of it as a cut down release either.

@Scaff may I ask what made the Evora so difficult? Did it have snap oversteer under 100kmh like many MR cars in GT6?
The Evora was a pleasure to drive, it just sounded bloody awful.

Tom
Thank you! I really do appreciate everybody's feedback; it all goes on-board.
You did a great job and it was a pleasure to meet you and everyone else from GT Planet

It's already done, was about 20 minutes long and only generic questions asked.
That was the public one, keep an eye on the news page.

Last edited:
There was plenty of opportunity throughout Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to speak to Kazunori, and a round-table interview on the Thursday evening at which I got a few questions in (there's certain advantages to Kazunori knowing you!).

Great stuff, can't wait 👍

Back