Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I'll post it again, it's 458 Challenge, similar spec to GT3 ( different power restrictor ), and should sound similar IRL :

I posted it on last page ( 429 )

Yeah it sounds similar. It's just missing the things I mentioned before. Add those and voila.

Funny I haven't heard anyone mention the Toyota Supra mklV yet....

Anywho, @AJ how long will the stream be if you happen to know? It's gonna air at around 00h00 on my side of the world and well, I need sleep.

Not great impression on the physics side. I'd understand if this is some random gaming journalist who don't play racing games or have never tried a wheel before, but the guys from ISR regularly play PC sims and always use a wheel so they know what they're talking about. Weight transfer and tyre grip feel is still poor, and you can't really tell when the car is about to slide. Not good.

TeamVVV opinion about GT sport sound.

BOV sounds good in this :drool: Just needs more environmental sounds, gearshift wobble and backfires and it should be adequate 👍

My worry is though this is only one car of many. The 458 GT3 vid on the News page still sounds underwhelming. Then there's some cars with completely wrong samples (Sauber C9 in GT6 :yuck:).

SVX
It's a shame, really. Imagine driving the C1 loop (what a lot of the track is based on) like this:

You can in AC ;)

same point

old build
GTSport-38.jpg

new build
K6dxLZ.png

Neat. The top image is has no compression and is a screenshot from PD themselves.

The bottom image is a heavily compressed screen capture from a youtube video.

Fantastic comparison, 10/10, would compare again.

Trackside trees have been improved (there's a bunch of repetitive samey looking trees lined up by the side in the old one), subsurface scattering across tree tops is in the new build and completely missing in the official PD screen. Also they added a bunch of bushes in the distance next to the two spectators. I think the point of the comparison wasn't to point out textures or image quality differences but what other additions they've added since the old build.

Neat. The top image is has no compression and is a screenshot from PD themselves.

Yeah, YouTube compression is impressive these days, it even swaps out trees it doesn't like and puts better ones in.

Go YouTube compression. Great tree swap.

10/10.

Trackside trees have been improved (there's a bunch of repetitive samey looking trees lined up by the side in the old one), subsurface scattering across tree tops is in the new build and completely missing in the official PD screen. Also they added a bunch of bushes in the distance next to the two spectators. I think the point of the comparison wasn't to point out textures or image quality differences but what other additions they've added since the old build.
Hard to see that in the heavy compression.

yes the compression of you tube is terrible, but the new build looks a lot better :)
No the old build looks so much better in your comparison shot. The resolution and sharpness, the texture of the grass and road, the detail line of the barrier, the old build wins. The new build is a washed out blur of dullness.

Doesn't that just make the point even more strong that progress has been made? The fact the top image is high quality and yet looks considerably worse than the compressed image below?

The compression works against the point here, not for it.

Last edited:
Any word on old group c standard cars like the Toyota minolta, or Peugeot 905? or bring more group c or even historic cars? guess i'm rather too soon with stuff like this.

I know this is a "spinoff" or "prologue", but i'm itching for a long single player game like the 177 events and 556 races in Gran Turismo 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roo
No, there was no access to the livery editor. The only accessible part of the game was Arcade Mode.

Interestingly, and for reasons I don't understand, during the ~half hour presentation - when things like Museum and Scapes got 5 minutes or so - the Livery Editor part went like this:

"There's a livery editor. It has everything you'd expect from a livery editor."

...and that was it.

Yeah I noticed that weird gloss-over of the livery editor too. Almost like the mode has personally insulted him or something and he was in a mood with it :)

A bit awkward.

I checked the mode myself, and it's present, with the multiple options for sections of the car and whatnot, but you can't access any of them.

More generally, I think we will get something fuller about GTS at E3, and as another member mentioned, a steady drip feed of updates until release.

This was the thing I was moaning about before the reveal, PD's lack of transparency, but they've countered that impressively with this huge, open event, with GTP involved. Really like this new attitude. And cool to see the PD team on stage - they got a good round of applause!

Sorry - lost these posts in the 1000s of posts in this thread, but just wanted to say, I also thought the livery editor part of the presentation was odd being so abbreviated. However, I did wonder afterwards whether it was just something he was "saving for a later date". Looking back at it, I think the "big" new feature for this particular reveal was the scapes (and very impressive it was too) - maybe each feature will get its own big separate reveal. All ties in with my theory that there will be a steady drip of information over the next six months. Its only a theory though of course. They can leave scapes now as its pretty much covered and build up the livery editor at the next press blowout (E3 or even Goodwood which comes before that?), or whatever other feature they haven't revealed yet.

Kaz - if you read this, I'll be at Goodwood Festival of Speed on the Friday - if you're going to do a feature reveal there, please feel free to send me an invite buddy :lol: (just a joke of course, though would be fantastic to see more of GT Sport at Goodwood).

True, but there still is the offline campaign so it would still be nice to have some of the older classics to throw around.
Then that would be a waste of resources and time, making events for cars that don't serve the overall purpose of the game. The last few GT games had so many problems because PD was trying to do everything but didn't master a lot of them. GT Sport is looking to capitalize on the motorsports fans and focus mostly on that (With of course the few other things that make GT games popular such as street cars and Photography).

Back