Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Been waiting on any news on the development of GT:S, hopefully it'll come out soon.

As this is a smaller scale of a game than the GT7, I assume the car list will be on the low side too. Less than 100 cars perhaps? Or is that too much?
Nobody outside PD/Sony can answer that at this point. We are all just guessing and speculating at this point.

Stop Geneva hype train, guys (if there is one)

Безымянный.png

I just got a reply from gran turismo on Facebook, and I thought I'll share it with you guys
View attachment 520068
Well messaging them and asking when's the relaease date won't do much because they don't even have the release date themselves, if they knew a release date they would announce it, or go kamikaze like with the trailer and announce it randomly

There's a huge difference between actual communication, which is what fans want, and pestering some poor Social Media intern for information through Facebook DMs. :lol:
Yes, but it's something, right?
At least we know there is nothing to expect at Geneva.

Providing the person running the page knows this information...

And let's be real if there is something there it would be an unveil of something, something that isn't going to be spoilt through Facebook.

Do we? There is nothing to say that a) The people running that page know the up-to-date, day to day plans of PD and b) if they do know anything they would tell you.

Hypothetically let's say PD have a huge event planned tomorrow in Geneva and it hasn't been publicly promoted. Are the Facebook people likely to spoil it and say "Yeah, keep an eye on Geneva tomorrow!" in a private message to one fan? I doubt it.

If there is an event they want people to know about, they'll promote it publicly in messages to everyone.
If there is an event they want to keep a surprise, they won't tell anyone about it in private messages.

If my memory is good, for February, it was a "no."

Here, I have the impression that they are ready to communicate something.

When? If they know, I don't think they would tell us via facebook.

That answer from that facebook message is no different than the answers they've given before, it's just worded differently.

I'd expect any info releases on the internet to be through one of 3 outlets. The PS Blog, the Gran Turismo website/Pit Stop Blog, or here on GTPlanet's news page. Not social media.

View attachment 470044

View attachment 470045

-3 Game modes (Campaign, Sport, Arcade)
-FIA Online Championship (Nations Cup and Manufacturers Cup)
-Live E-Sports events
-Online events
- PS VR compatibility
-Improved Graphics, Physics, Sounds
-Vision GT continues
-Beta starts early 2016

-Other features (only game modes are known)
-Cars (only a few known at the moment)
-Tracks (only the Nurburgring and Brands Hatch confirmed)

News
Jan. 4, 2016:
-Scuderia Glickenhaus may be coming to GTS
Jan. 3, 2016:
-Upcoming GT Hotwheels set could hint at more cars for GTSport
Nov. 5, 2015:
-Sung Kang's 240Z to be added to Gran Turismo for PS4
Oct. 28, 2015:
-More Substantial than a Prologue
-Sony Executive Jim Ryan confident on release date
Oct. 27, 2015:
-Announced Gran Turismo Sport at PGW
-Beta starts early 2016

GTSport Update Log

Beta: Spring 2016

Events to look forward to GT Sport showings:
http://www.eventsforgamers.com/events/conventions/

Just a few things,
1. Keep the speculation to a minimum. Don't want to make false rumors spread.
2. If you find anything new, please make sure the source is legitimate. Again, don't want false rumors spreading
3. You may talk about other things concerning GT, but keep it as on-topic as possible

Thanks!

Also: THIS IS A PLACEHOLDER! NOTHING IS OFFICIAL ON A RELEASE DATE YET! Please don't post this again. Thank you very much

View attachment 492441

GT6 is a joke online is utterly unplayable pd are completely neglecting there loyal customers and havent fixed any of the continual problems, and I wont be getting gt7 if they carnt maintain gt6 I am utterly disgusted by the glitch riddled and incompetent joke that I have found myself the butt of! I am not there cash cow! ive bought every gt game since day one but I will BOUYCOT GT7

GT6 is a joke, online is utterly unplayable, and PD are completely neglecting their loyal customers and haven't fixed any of the continual problems.
If you would do some research and looking around you would realize that the continual problems GT6 has been having on the weekends is the fault of PlayStation Network not being able to host peer-to-peer games sufficiently. Polyphony Digital is not to blame for these problems. This is the Gran Turismo SPORT forum, if you want to whinge about GT6 please go here to do so.

Another bit of friendly advice, please try to use proper English as best as you can. It's something you agreed to do when you joined this forum via. the Acceptable Use Policy. Thanks.

GT6 is a joke online is utterly unplayable pd are completely neglecting there loyal customers and havent fixed any of the continual problems, and I wont be getting gt7 if they carnt maintain gt6 I am utterly disgusted by the glitch riddled and incompetent joke that I have found myself the butt of! I am not there cash cow! ive bought every gt game since day one but I will BOUYCOT GT7

Do not spam the same nonsense across numerous threads. Doing so again will result in infraction points.

You'll want to follow this advice, as well:

Another bit of friendly advice, please try to use proper English as best as you can. It's something you agreed to do when you joined this forum via. the Acceptable Use Policy. Thanks.

I remember when everyone was arguing what means "Kaz will answer the questions in the coming weeks"

That ended with Kaz not answering anything thus "coming weeks" meant "never" :lol:

This is like round 2 - what they meant by "early 2016" ?

The BETA could still arrive early 2016 but - again - based on their previous statements (see "monthly track DLC for GT6", "track creator almost ready", "VGTs will release within a year", "sounds are placeholders") it's hard for me to give these statements any weight.

So to me it looks like when PD / Kaz say something it's more of a their desire than a promise. They say it and then probably do all they can do achieve it often not being able to.

"We'll try to release a BETA for GTS early 2016" and "We'll try to release the full game in 2016" reflects the reality better I suppose.

Latest Posts

Back