Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
"It's out of our control"

"We're waiting for confirmation A Few".

These sentences give me the impression that they are waiting approval of a third (FIA? Sony? Other?).

Again, this is just an impression.

But look at the reply Samm got on page 56. "Can't comment on the details yet as we're finalising them" indicates actual knowledge. I guess it depends if you're a glass half full or half empty person!

Could someone please directly link the Facebook page that the last few questions posted here have come from? I still can't find them!

You get that impression from PR speak and a non-answer?

It's his desired outcome, so of course he'll come to that conclusion.

It being out of their control could just as much apply to the likelihood that this is an intern that has absolutely no ties to the game's development. It's amazing how much stock people are putting in these non-answers.

Exactly, you're asking people running a Facebook page whether they will post anything about the game. You're not directly asking PD. To me when they say "out of our control" they are referring only to themselves, meaning the Facebook page can't just start posting stuff whenever they like. They have to wait until Sony higher ups/PD say they can.

That's still generic PR speak for not giving an answer.

If the person typing it doesn't have knowledge of the "details" then, for me, it isn't "PR" speak. Just lying.
But then I'm a no BS straight shooter! Probably shouldn't look into PR jobs, I guess...

Exactly, you're asking people running a Facebook page whether they will post anything about the game. You're not directly asking PD. To me when they say "out of our control" they are referring only to themselves, meaning the Facebook page can't just start posting stuff whenever they like. They have to wait until Sony higher ups/PD say they can.

If these "people" are nobody's running a GT page and don't have the answers or can't/won't try and get them, then they should be honest about that and stop wasting everyone's time.

You're probably right.

So, wait and see.

Last edited:
If the person typing it doesn't have knowledge of the "details" then, for me, it isn't "PR" speak. Just lying.
But then I'm a no BS straight shooter! Probably shouldn't look into PR jobs, I guess...

If these "people" are nobody's running a GT page and don't have the answers or can't/won't try and get them, then they should be honest about that and stop wasting everyone's time.
No, it's PR speak. Social media is an aspect of public relations and they would have been instructed on exactly what to say if asked the questions that keep getting posted in this thread from people on facebook.

They may have some of the answers, quite obviously they're directly connected to Sony and the game. What they can't do is talk about anything or show anything before they're told they can.

They could just tell people straight "We don't know, you're best just checking PDs website" but their job is to get people to visit the FB page and keep visiting so that's why they stick with the "we can't tell you, but please stay tuned here" messages. They're social media managers, that is their job, to keep people engaged with their pages via any manner.

No, it's PR speak. Social media is an aspect of public relations and they would have been instructed on exactly what to say if asked the questions that keep getting posted in this thread from people on facebook.

I do know how it works, I'm just saying I disagree with how they handle it. It helps no one how they are answering questions. All it is doing is making fans more frustrated. If that is their goal then they are doing a top job!

That seems a bit unlikely, unless the information was going to be given out on Facebook first.

Ah, PD doing PD things. Lovely,

As I've said before wouldn't SCE be determining the marketing for the game?

I do know how it works, I'm just saying I disagree with how they handle it. It helps no one how they are answering questions. All it is doing is making fans more frustrated. If that is their goal then they are doing a top job!
They answer the way they do because they don't have permission to give any info out.

Unless I hear it from an obscure Russian website or Eastern bloc unknown retailer I'm not believing a thing.

It goes like this.

A Bratislavian website puts up a date.

Someone on GTPlanet discovers it and reports it to the forum.

Forum responds with don't be silly, what would they know, where is Bratislava......etc.

24 Hours later Bratislavian date is confirmed by Sony.

So you think they do have info/knowledge but are just giving non answers because they are currently not allowed to give it out?

I still say it is a terrible way of engaging with fans.
Yes, it's a Non-Disclosure Agreement. Normal for things that are still under development.

So you think they do have info/knowledge but are just giving non answers because they are currently not allowed to give it out?

I still say it is a terrible way of engaging with fans.

Like I say..

They could just tell people straight "We don't know, you're best just checking PDs website" but their job is to get people to visit the FB page and keep visiting so that's why they stick with the "we can't tell you, but please stay tuned here" messages. They're social media managers, that is their job, to keep people engaged with their pages via any manner.

Also remember these are private messages sent to fans, it's not their fault if the said fans then decide to broadcast the message.

I don't see Sony hauling Naughty Dog around by a chain around their necks. This is the studio themselves in my opinion. Not Sony, publishers have say, yes. But the developer does a lot of it.

They could certainly tell people how things are going, and as I have preached for far too long. Have a better relationship with their community. Hell, I tweeted DMI Games, the ones who are taking over NASCAR, asking when can we expect announcements and a release date, not expecting anything, and got April for the announcements and Q3-Q4 this year. This is PD being PD like usual. That's why I won't be getting the game, for a while at least.

Not to mention Sony doesn't have a track record for being super secretive when it comes to some stuff, some developers do, and even Rockst*r tease stuff, to please fans. If the developer wants people to know, they will. Plain and simple. I putting this all on PD, like usual.

I'd rather take a company that just started in 2014, being given NASCAR on the foundation that Eutechnyx left, and pre-order it before I'll even think about another PD game. This is a reoccurring theme. Has been since GT5

Unless I hear it from an obscure Russian website or Eastern bloc unknown retailer I'm not believing a thing.

It goes like this.

A Bratislavian website puts up a date.

Someone on GTPlanet discovers it and reports it to the forum.

Forum responds with don't be silly, what would they know, where is Bratislava......etc.

24 Hours later Bratislavian date is confirmed by Sony.
We had one better happen here on GTP but it went by with little notice. I, of course, never forgot:sly:. @bowen747 made a thread about a friend of his with links to a nearby circuit in May 2013, saying that PD was there mapping the course and collecting data. He was promptly ridiculed and humiliated and the thread was closed the next day. The track was Goodwood which was officially announced less than two months after bowen's original post.

Screenshot_2016-02-29-14-51-31.png

Screenshot_2016-02-29-14-51-45.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-29-14-51-31.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-29-14-51-31.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 23
Back