Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Im not sure which LSD the mx5 used on ND

http://www.mazda.co.jp/cars/roadster/grade/#roadster

you can check it here but its all in japanese. the hot version vid one used the same specs and S variant of ND miata.

Im not sure whether AC does properly simulated rear torsen LSD but i do think that its is not like a handful drive like NASANU said in GTS in which you need to put corrective steering or counter every corner.

Yeah i know. i even find Comfort hard very grippy for Stock NC on gt6. because Miata 's power are limited.
AFter he tried with ST tyre on green surface on AC he said its similar so i rest my case. maybe our driving style are all different.

There's only one LSD type for ND ( GKN Super LSD ), it's not available on base S and AT transmission, standard fitment on S Special and Leather Package 6MT. If the Hot Version uses base S variant, not Special or Leather Package, it does not have LSD and has manual A/C, Auto A/C only for Special and Leather.

Base S weighs 990kg ( no LSD ), S Special ( LSD ) 1010kg, S Leather ( LSD ) 1020kg ( all MT ) - brochure figures.

Japanese ND early release only have 1.5L engine, 131PS motor, came with 195/50R16 84V tire. ( Advan Sport is quite grippy tire for 131PS car )

EDIT : Corrected information about S variant.

Last edited:
It's kind of amazing that PD don't have a PR rep or a reliable Twitter spokesperson to clear these things up when there is confusion.

They should at least have some links to GTP or other (are there other?) GT forums.

It would help them (and us) a great deal in these instances.
Speaking of PR, whatever happened to that guy from Facebook (or was it Twitter?). He would've been good to clear things up.

correct like crazy? obviously u had no idea what steering correction needed as in yellow bird ruf ctr. that is what i called crazy steering correction.this is what i called correct steering like crazy

The Yellowbird is a rear engined, rear wheel drive car with a huge turbo. It's a given that steering correction is going to be ridiculous. Maybe you should compare with the same car that's used in GTS.

Overtaking challenges. Keeping it fresh and interesting Kaz. It's not like that wasn't the entire premise of GT6.
I will never do another of these garbage pile awful events as long as I live, unless I absolutely have to to progress.

That's a really good point!

He/she was being harassed so much, pre-london event, poor guy/gal...
Ikr? But I do have to admit though, he/she did a pretty great job keeping everyone active. ;)

I wouldn't something like that happening again as it keeps stress and impatient levels low. Although many, like myself, lacked trust in them, it was pretty fun ride. 👍

The only way Polyphony could pull off 400 super premium cars, if they take 4 Nissan models and make 100 variations of each one, which seems the most plausible. :lol:

I will never be good enough to have an F1 coach, but I still question how they will relate to GT3/LMP endurance cars considering how different open wheel racing can be.

Plus with no F1 cars in sight it just seems to not be well thought out, maybe F1 cars are among the 400?

I've seen similar at Bathurst, It's a rare exception though and usually in lower club series where you can have drivers with huge variances in skill.

I think the race in this video may be what you're thinking of. I have no idea how many were overtaken, but it was more than 12...

http://www.a9vg.com/201607/5745883212.html

Another interview from Chinese website A9VG,Kaz was interviewed in Shanghai during Chinajoy 2016. More than a half of these questions are about China Market.I will try to translate the rest points about the whole game .

The progress of development :70% now
Some high-end racing-wheels which works on PS3 can still work on GT SPORT
Kaz said he will show some consideration for his favorite F1 team ,and he have been working for it.
Kaz told the journalist that his favorite F1 racer is Sebastian Vettel :"He is a smart racer with unique driving style "

I've seen similar at Bathurst, It's a rare exception though and usually in lower club series where you can have drivers with huge variances in skill.
Exactly, or a freak circumstance where a couple of cars might get together and others get caught up on the marbles outside and allow someone to slip through a few places. If you are trying to teach people to race against drivers of similar skill and etiquette as GTSport seems to want to do, putting in an event where you have to pass the entire field in a couple of laps seems very counter intuitive especially since, in order for the event to even work, the AI will have to be brutally slow and inconsistent, something you aren't ever going to see online if matchmaking works properly.

Had another go at GTSport today, nothing new to add but re-GTR physics the car does tent to oversteer on entry, weight transfer seems more evident. Sports Hard is still too grippy for a real car I'd reckon so this car with comfort anything should be even more fun.

The track buildings I kept looking and they're ugly especially when viewed from the distance (Low LOD) AF could use some work and tearing needs to be fixed.

The Audio was a bit louder today, only drove bumper cam but didn't seem too different from GT6, tyre squeal still the same.

Some people seems to be a bit too serious here with the 'sim-racing only' aspect regarding GTSport. Of course, it will be FIA connected and all, but remember this is Gran Turismo, for masses, for car enthusiasts, for virtual photoshooters etc..
The GT style fun factor will be there for example with all the various challenges and missions. For example, an overtake challenge can mean different things for differen people. Some make it clean, some perhaps not so clean. If somebody wants to maul a.i. whats wrong with that? If somebody want's to have a crash-fest online, they can do it.
Gran Turismo Sport won't be the holy book of FIA correcting your every step. It will be another GT episode representing car culture and I'm sure the important PoDi-way gaming fun factor will be there.

http://www.a9vg.com/201607/5745883212.html

Another interview from Chinese website A9VG,Kaz was interviewed in Shanghai during Chinajoy 2016. More than a half of these questions are about China Market.I will try to translate the rest points about the whole game .

The progress of development :70% now
Some high-end racing-wheels which works on PS3 can still work on GT SPORT
Kaz said he will show some consideration for his favorite F1 team ,and he have been working for it.
Kaz told the journalist that his favorite F1 racer is Sebastian Vettel :"He is a smart racer with unique driving style "
"Some high-end racing-wheels which works on PS3 can still work on GT SPORT"
Kaz, now you are talking...

Some people seems to be a bit too serious here with the 'sim-racing only' aspect regarding GTSport. Of course, it will be FIA connected and all, but remember this is Gran Turismo, for masses, for car enthusiasts, for virtual photoshooters etc..
The GT style fun factor will be there for example with all the various challenges and missions. For example, an overtake challenge can mean different things for differen people. Some make it clean, some perhaps not so clean. If somebody wants to maul a.i. whats wrong with that? If somebody want's to have a crash-fest online, they can do it.
Gran Turismo Sport won't be the holy book of FIA correcting your every step. It will be another GT episode representing car culture and I'm sure the important PoDi-way gaming fun factor will be there.
I think the GT style fun factor revolves more about car collecting (street cars), and tuning them up for the biggest part of the fan base. Driving school tests cannot replace that and they weren't all too popular to begin with.

Like was stated before, i think there will be many punters that will be in for a shock, when they will have bought GTS only to find out offline will be 'challenges' only.

Why no one ask Yamauchi in any interview why was been in GT5 trailer footage were tracks that included tracks which never been appear in the game? I'm really curious about it and I wanna answer before I start beileve you now! AGAIN!

Last edited:
Wow, I haven't paid attention to this thread for 2 days and now I'm hearing talk of 400 "super premium" cars?

Well, I can only guess on what PD has in store with GT Sport. It's either that they're porting the premiums from GT6, they're hoping to add 260 brand new models in a year and could end up taking longer than they expect (which is usually expected from PD), or Polyphony finally decided to outsource for help.

I hope for the last one, but it most likely will be either of the other 2. Either way, I look forward to hearing more about this as I watch GT Sport's update cycle from the sidelines this time round.

Wow, I haven't paid attention to this thread for 2 days and now I'm hearing talk of 400 "super premium" cars?

Well, I can only guess on what PD has in store with GT Sport. It's either that they're porting the premiums from GT6, they're hoping to add 260 brand new models in a year and could end up taking longer than they expect (which is usually expected from PD), or Polyphony finally decided to outsource for help.

I hope for the last one, but it most likely will be either of the other 2. Either way, I look forward to hearing more about this as I watch GT Sport's update cycle from the sidelines this time round.

400 super premium will be coming in a year and 40 locations with 140 layout will be coming. Don't you beileve it? Really? hahhaa:D

This game is super understandable what I have heard in my life. Yamauchi job is incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
T500 and T300. Both worked on PS3 and work on PS4. DFGT and G25/27 are not high end wheels. My guess anyway.

G25/27 and DFGT/PRO are not compatible with PS4 because Logitech doesnt want to. PD and Sony have nothing to do with it, is Logitech job to make the drivers for PS4. And they dont want to because they released a wheel (G29) very similar to its predecessors.

Latest Posts

Back