Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Here is the thing, Johnnypenso is more of a sim-racer who plays what's best at the time. He doesn't have strong emotional connections to one game and then trashes another. If Assetto Corsa is the best sim at the moment in his mind, he'll play it. I'm sure if Gran Turismo was in the same boat he'll be playing that too.

What I'm saying is this: JP is definitely not a Gran Turismo hater. Back when GT6 was out in 2013, guess what Johnny was playing? GT6! As time passed on, GT did not fulfill his requirements anymore and decided to move onto other games out there. One of those games was AC, and it met his demands. When a brand new, updated game comes along, he'll move onto that one.

That's the great part of the genre nowadays: there are simply so many options to choose from and you do not have to be exclusive to one game anymore! Back when the GT vs Forza war was more fierce, you basically had to decide which console you would end up buying. Now, plenty of racing games are multi-platform. Just have fun and play what you enjoy, that's what it's all about in the end anyways.

Edit: fixed typo.

Last edited:
Here is the thing, Johnnypenso is more of a sim-racer who plays what's best at the time. He doesn't have strong emotional connections to one game and then trashes another. If Assetto Corsa is the best sim at the moment in his mind, he'll play it. I'm sure if Gran Turismo was in the same boat he'll be playing that too.

What I'm saying is this: JP is definitely not a Gran Turismo hater. Back when GT6 was out in 2013, guess what Johnny was playing? GT6! As time passed on, GT didn't not fulfill his requirements anymore and decided to move onto other games out there. One of those games was AC, and it met his demands. When a brand new, updated game comes along, he'll move onto that one.

That's the great part of the genre nowadays: there are simply so many options to choose from and you do not have to be exclusive to one game anymore! Back when the GT vs Forza war was more fierce, you basically had to decide which console you would end up buying. Now, plenty of racing games are multi-platform. Just have fun and play what you enjoy, that's what it's all about in the end anyways.

I met with a lot of people who claims that thing and they didn't care about of serious time.

Well this has kind of exploded! Not sure what to make of it all. Locations cut, if confirmed, isn't good news. However, if it ensures it makes its release date, and the content is nicely polished, I don't mind too much.
The other thing? Need more information over the next few months before forming any opinion. I was interested to see a figure of 70% complete now. In two and a half months 50>70% complete. How long before it needs to go gold?

What I'm saying is this: JP is definitely not a Gran Turismo hater. Back when GT6 was out in 2013, guess what Johnny was playing? GT6! As time passed on, GT didn't not fulfill his requirements anymore and decided to move onto other games out there. One of those games was AC, and it met his demands. When a brand new, updated game comes along, he'll move onto that one.

You need people from all vantage points on a discussion board, it's what makes it fun.

No criticism.

I will never be good enough to have an F1 coach, but I still question how they will relate to GT3/LMP endurance cars considering how different open wheel racing can be.

Plus with no F1 cars in sight it just seems to not be well thought out, maybe F1 cars are among the 400?

You saw @michael chen 's post about the F1 stuff...? Sounds interesting - could be some surprises in the remaining cars (DLC or otherwise)

I have so many questions right now. Kaz has said some very interesting things lately and I don't what to make of them. 400 cars in a year? How can PD do that without outsourcing the work? Kaz said he would never outsource the work to another company, so what is he thinking? How will Kaz impress the older players? What implications will these extra cars have? How will they be implemented? and so on. I don't what Kaz wants anymore. He wants GT Sport to be a jack of all trades for everyone. This is really turning stupid now - I just hope the end result isn't poor.

If PD, even for a second, considered the idea of reselling us content from GT5/6 I'd be so done with them.

Based on the information we have it seems like it. (Not about quote) I don't get how people ask for something then don't want it.

I have so many questions right now. Kaz has said some very interesting things lately and I don't what to make of them. 400 cars in a year? How can PD do that without outsourcing the work? Kaz said he would never outsource the work to another company, so what is he thinking? How will Kaz impress the older players? What implications will these extra cars have? How will they be implemented? and so on. I don't what Kaz wants anymore. He wants GT Sport to be a jack of all trades for everyone. This is really turning stupid now - I just hope the end result isn't poor.
260 cars in one year. We already have 140.

260 cars in 12 months? Pull the other one. Perhaps it's MUCH quicker to upgrade a Premium to a Super Premium but this is still PD so I don't see that one happening.

Anyway this is from someone that thinks 115 single player events, 60 of which look like license tests from previous games is enough for single player gamers. :lol:

this +99

There are people who absolutely play anything best at the moment then there is people who stick to one particular title and thinks all the other titles are 🤬. A hater is different, hater hates due to unreasonable reason like, why do Assetto corsa dont have gtr32. its stupiddd.

Last edited by a moderator:
260 cars in 12 months? Pull the other one. Perhaps it's MUCH quicker to upgrade a Premium to a Super Premium but this is still PD so I don't see that one happening.

Anyway this is from someone that thinks 115 single player events, 60 of which look like license tests from previous games is enough for single player gamers. :lol:
Or maybe 400 cars worked in 4 years (3 years of development+1). And,140 ready at the launch.

Last edited:
260Cars in one year? It is too unrealistic.
Is easy to do Ctrl + C Ctrl + V, but I think that those people are in many cases had been criticized in the GT6.

Or maybe 400 cars worked in 4 years (3 years of development+1). And,140 ready at the launch.
That doesnt make much sense. It took three years for only 140 vehicles to be available, but will only take one additional year to get almost double that?

Even if they were being worked on during the development of the game, there should have been way more available at the start.

I dont think they have made 140 yet. We have seen only like the half of the list. The 400 cars rumour seems ridiculous. There is no source, just that link that doesnt work for non members of that site.

Forget it guys. 400 cars in a year is impossible.

If PD, even for a second, considered the idea of reselling us content from GT5/6 I'd be so done with them.

I think they'd only get as far as releasing the first pack. The backlash to that would be so immense that any company with any semblance of sense would immediately cancel the idea.

I dont think they have made 140 yet. We have seen only like the half of the list. The 400 cars rumour seems ridiculous. There is no source, just that link that doesnt work for non members of that site.

Forget it guys. 400 cars in a year is impossible.

It's impossible if you assume that they're making them from scratch. It's not impossible if you consider that the PS3 premiums are basically PS4 quality already.

That's the unfortunate part. If it was truly impossible then everyone would be writing this off as a stupid rumour. But there's one way that it could be done, and while everyone wants more cars I don't think anyone wants PD to be the company that repackaged old content as DLC.

Back