Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
They won't delay it past December unless it's literally unplayable. The holiday sales are too important.
Yep, buyers are now beta testers. Now, I wait a few months before buying a game.
I still don't understand how Poly tries to sell GTSport...

I don't see anyone being "whipped into a frenzy", this is a discussion forum and we're just openly discussing the possibility of a delay based on what we've seen (or rather haven't). It's kinda how discussion forums go.

Let's be honest....It really wouldn't be a shock if it were to be delayed.

We know from Kaz himself that the game must be finished now and entered gold master phase because that was the reason the public beta was canned. He said it takes 3 months to create the gold master and it is now August 19th...

All I know is that there hasn't been a Gamescom trailer?, no in-game/gameplay screens? and no footage allowed to be taken at Gamescom. It doesn't inspire confidence. All I can do is hope.

I want to stay optimistic, maybe we will be surprised by the quality of GTSport. Not the best game but at least something polished, the last one was GT5 prologue . For a GT, there is absolutely zero hype so the surprise would be bigger :) And too much hype is never a good thing for expectations (GT5 and now No Man's Sky even if some games deliver)

A delay won't matter if the game is rubbish.

They'd have to be fine tuning online play.
On the flip, I feel offline "tests" are going to be like the Goodwood trials. Some at night, rain, dusk, dawn. Passing two cars before the next turn. Not enough Cr. to get the car you want. Especially getting 1,000 Cr. after spending an hour trying not to hit a cone.

We've waited 20 years for the graphics to come this far. Patience.

One thing I wish PD hide secret open wheel cars after winning all the races like they did with GT3.

That'd be legendary reminiscence! :)

full

Ah, yes. Who doesn't remember playing GT3 for the first time and wondering what this was? The hidden F1 cars were a big surprise.

However, I don't think PD could get away with doing something like that again. These days, everyone wants to know all details of a game before it comes out. And even if PD did do it, with how common Internet access is now, "spoilers" such as this would be posted on here, YouTube, etc. in no time at all. You would have to avoid going online completely.

full

Ah, yes. Who doesn't remember playing GT3 for the first time and wondering what this was? The hidden F1 cars were a big surprise.

However, I don't think PD could get away with doing something like that again. These days, everyone wants to know all details of a game before it comes out. And even if PD did do it, with how common Internet access is now, "spoilers" such as this would be posted on here, YouTube, etc. in no time at all. You would have to avoid going online completely.

Legendary, I miss the old days. I always wished PD could add these features back.

Or unbuyable cars. Something of the past. Now, it would be "micro" transactions.

Doubt PD would do that, but Sony would....charging £15 for PS2 games. ;)

Yes! it is incredible that the barriers are still indestructible .. This is not with that the rally mode adds some things to Gran Turismo, especially with this damage ... The rally is always a plus, but this is definitely not their field.
There is another video of GTsport hall on twitter:

The thing i worry in this video is , car are still "fly" over curbs and rumble strips like nothing happened.

No trailer for every convention they attend? OMG GTS DELAY CONFIRMED!

Or perhaps we question whether there might be a delay because they've shown so little of the game content/features and continue to show the same things since May. Not to mention we already know there has been delays/setbacks at some point in development since they ended up not having time to do the beta they initially planned.

The only one with hyperbole is yourself.

PS reminder to Zlork.

Gran Turismo 5 has been delayed several times.

But they have respected the release date for Gran Turismo PSP and Gran Turismo 6.

The beta of GT Sport, I am very confident for it to be available early in 2016. And if the beta has no big problems then there will be no report for the full game.

This is just a supposition but GT Sport may be close to being finished. The period between the beta and the game's release will serve to fix eventual problems. Once again, it's a suppostion.

Or perhaps we question whether there might be a delay because they've shown so little of the game content/features and continue to show the same things since May. Not to mention we already know there has been delays/setbacks at some point in development since they ended up not having time to do the beta they initially planned.

The only one with hyperbole is yourself.

PS reminder to Zlork.

If they really wanted they could release the beta or pre beta version for download since E3. Many games have the beta within 6months and some even with 3months from the release. So having a beta or not makes no significance TBH.

Cool, I have seen KE Rolla drifting without power steering, but it had supercharged 4AGE :)

This is the best video for steering wheel play, doubt this can be done yet on any game :

Watch how Kazama and Daisuke Ito ( he let go a bit longer ) do the manji drift, how he let go the wheel and how quick his steering play is :) I used similar technique when on the street ( only in certain situation that called it ) :)

When the wheel is self centering, is faster to let go than holding it.

Definitely agreed that when the wheel is self centering , its faster to let go. But still not such centering speed existed yet in the steering wheel set of virtual racing. Maybe only direct drive can reach that kind of speed. But the thing existed now still no where near as fast.

Actually i do this all the time, just G27 is stupidly slow i need to pull to fasten the action :D

Latest Posts

Back