Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I'm very curious as to how good the physics really are, considering the game comes with the FIA licence. I noticed in one of iRacing's trailers they now label iRacing as a 'game' and not a 'sim,' but how far can GTS go?

My first time playing GT Sport.
Recording quality of 1080p 60fps.

Oh my god. A gameplay of GT Sport with a driver that knows to stay inside the track, with no assists and the cockpit camera.

You just won the internet sir

giphy.gif

AI appear to be much more competitive. They still hog the road though. Not much spacial awareness like PCars. The cars still look a little too spaced out. Should compress the field a bit more.

Last thing. That road surface is way too smooth. I don't think we'll see(feel?) realistic bumpy circuits from PD. Other than that, graphics? Check. Cars? Check. AI? Check. Livery editor? Check. Once we get more details about game play, tracks and extras, for now, the game looks promising.

Nice, looks like there are various different subclasses within Group N. Interesting.

Sorta odd that you can't see the actual statistics of the car, though.

Ah, so the Aston in the trailer really is a V8 Vantage. Darn, I was hoping that PD was going to bring back the V12 vantage. Oh well, the V8 Vantage is still good.

So little ambition round here...

The list of cars from Forza
The phyisics and force feedback from Assetto
The sounds from Dirt Rally and Raceroom
The online system from IRacing
The graphics from GT Sport
The offline mode from classic GT and PCars
The track list from PCars
The AI from Automobilista
The mod community from RFactor
The rally stages from SLRE
The climate and time variation from Driveclub
The licenses from F1 and WRC
The damage system from BeamNG

There you have it! ForzassettodirtraceroomiracingGTPcarsutomobilistarfactorSLREdriveclubF1WRCBeamNG

And a console to handle all that, since the standard PS4 could not even handle the title alone.

Last edited:
nah gents. The game will be called GTP. Grand Tourer Project. It will be everything we want it to be. And it will be developed by us, the GTPlaneteers. :sly:

"Next spring, GTP by GTP!" ;)

According to the car list thread, apparently 66% of the cars have already been shown... I have to say, it makes me a little sad too see the lack of old and/or odd cars. One could argue that GT5 Prolouge also featured limited amount of cars, but Kaz already said that GTS is basically GT7, so it seems like the PD is now more focused on VGTs and "up to date" cars.

While I'm grateful PD didn't just port the 700 standard cars to GTS, I still think that being a car time capsule/encyclopedia, with many variants of the same car, has always been part of GT's charm. I hope Kaz considers either outsourcing or expanding PD at some point so GT can continue to be GT-like...

According to the car list thread, apparently 66% of the cars have already been shown... I have to say, it makes me a little sad too see the lack of old and/or odd cars. One could argue that GT5 Prolouge also featured limited amount of cars, but Kaz already said that GTS is basically GT7, so it seems like the PD is now more focused on VGTs and "up to date" cars.

While I'm grateful PD didn't just port the 700 standard cars to GTS, I still think that being a car time capsule/encyclopedia, with many variants of the same car, has always been part of GT's charm. I hope Kaz considers either outsourcing or expanding PD at some point so GT can continue to be GT-like...

I sort of disagree, would love classic racing cars but feel the car selection (VGTs aside) is pretty good.

I agree that the car selection is good for a racing game, but for a GT game, the lack of cars from before the 2010s just doesn't feel right to me.

Then again, there are still 40 or so cars yet to be unveiled, so one can always hope.

Or about 400 within the first year or so from release, if we're to believe Kaz. :P

I can't help but think at least part of the reason for this refocusing is the inability to keep up with the variety on offer from a certain other franchise. Though really, had all the PS3 Premiums been kept, it wouldn't be too bad.

What was a weakness for Forza 5 as a launching game, is something unaccepatble for a 2017 game, more than 3 years after the ps4 release. If they keep the 140 cars, they'd better not sell any dlcs.

Or about 400 within the first year or so from release, if we're to believe Kaz. :P

I can't help but think at least part of the reason for this refocusing is the inability to keep up with the variety on offer from a certain other franchise. Though really, had all the PS3 Premiums been kept, it wouldn't be too bad.

I still find that hard to believe, not because I don't trust Kaz/PD, but because I don't think it's ever been achieved by any racing game. Even if PD somehow manages to model 400 cars in a year, I seriously doubt Sony would allow PD to add them to the game for free while Microsoft charges $7 for a single dlc.

How times have changed... I still remember a time when "but GT has a larger, more varied selection of cars" was a valid argument... :(

So little ambition round here...

The list of cars from Forza
The physics from Assetto
The force feedback from GT
The sounds from Dirt Rally and Raceroom
The online system from IRacing
The graphics from GT Sport
The offline mode from classic GT
The track list from every GT combined (El Capitan)
The AI from Codemasters (Grid autosport, F1 2016)
The mod community from RFactor
The rally stages from SLRE
The climate and time variation from Driveclub
The licenses from F1 and WRC
The damage system from BeamNG

There you have it! Epic racing game

Changed it, better imo.

Maybe we could convince PD, Kunos, T10 etc etc to form a huge monopolistic super company to make perfect games over and over again so no one ever gets bored or critical.

I'd call it...

Super Corsa Forza
That really would be fantastic and everyone would be a winner because it would sell by ghe bucket loads. Assetto Forza Corsa Dirt GT Club.

What was a weakness for Forza 5 as a launching game, is something unaccepatble for a 2017 game, more than 3 years after the ps4 release. If they keep the 140 cars, they'd better not sell any dlcs.

What do you mean with that last sentence? That they shouldn't sell DLCs?
Anyway, that's what starting moddeling cars from scratch gets you.

I don't think Kaz said specifically within the first year though. If I'm not mistaken, he said something like the game "eventually could have 500 cars".

Did someone realized that driver's body shakes, indicating that the track surface is bumpy. It can be seen a bit closely from the Corvette (around 20-25 sec mark) and an M6 (around 39-42 sec mark, look at the Renault in front of M6) footage at Nurburgring. A bit hard to see the moment because it happened in a blink of an eye. But when I look closely, the driver was kinda react to the bumpy track surface. Am I right? Or is it my eyes and brain deceiving me?

Last edited:
What do you mean with that last sentence? That they shouldn't sell DLCs?

I don't think Kaz said specifically within the first year though. If I'm not mistaken, he said something like the game "eventually could have 500 cars".
The problem here is he used the word "could" which imo means he literary just thought of it on the spot and isn't a real plan. It's his old "we could do that" answer.

No, no — FM5 launched with a hair over 200 cars back in 2013. That's almost 50% more than the car count for GT Sport.

I wouldn't say GT Sport shouldn't sell DLC with such a low car count — PD should absolutely do it, since it's extra income and keeps the game in the public eye for longer — but it shouldn't follow T10's approach with FM5, which was crafting car packs that were largely re-releases of FM4 content. Yeah, some of the models were improved... but it leaves a bad taste in many players' mouths. Mine included, which is why I waited until after FM6 was shown off before joining the current generation. FM6's DLC was utterly stellar, IMO.

If we're to believe that, of course. T10 made similar claims with the jump from 360 to One.

True, he did say "in the end". Though even stretching it out to two years (the amount of support GT6 received in terms of updates), that's 360 cars in 24 months. An average of 15 cars per month, which is twice what T10 manages now (with outsourcing). It's also about 5x what the rate appears to be for GT Sport.

Interesting clip.
I like how PD are trying to work this new technology into their latest game.

Is it a bit over the top?
Well, maybe.
But I still like how they are leading the charge.

I'm not, in any way, what you would call 'tech. savvy'.
But I assumed that taking a photo with todays latest cameras would be the best example of 'photorealism' available.
ie. grab a new DSLR and take a picture of a Ferrari, and that's as realistic as it gets.
Apparently not. :lol:

Thank you for this video. You play really great and game looks really good too.
I'm happy to see reflections on windscreen. There were reflections in some old videos, but didn't see them in new videos and thought they removed it!

Latest Posts

Back