Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
From the OP:

News
Jan. 7, 2017:
-GT Sport playable at Tokyo Auto Salon.
Jan. 1, 2017:
-It's a new year! Hoping for a solid release-date for this year.
Dec. 20, 2016:
-New scapes shown in new release of scape photos.
Dec. 12, 2016:
-Porsche cuts off EA exclusivity contract; could mean PD can finally have Porsche.
Dec. 8, 2016:
-Confirmed that PD has worked on the HDR feature for 3 years.
Dec. 3, 2016:
-New trailer shown at PSX game conference.
1. HDR and VR shown
2. Different times-of-day shown
3. New cars: Mercedes AMG GT3, VW Scirocco Gr.4, McLaren 650S, Chevrolet Camaro SS.
Nov. 2, 2016:
-Confirmed 4K and HDR support via PS4 Pro
Oct. 27, 2016:
-1 Year since the announcement of the game
Oct. 17, 2016:
-New direct sound feed video footage brings highly improved sounds.
Aug. 30, 2016:
-GTSport delayed to 2017
Aug. 17, 2016:
-78 new images released at Gamescom. M6 and dirt track (Fisherman's Ranch) confirmed, along with a (possible) replay improvement.
Aug. 1, 2016:
-GTSport could eventually have up to 400-500 additional cars
May. 19, 2016:
-GTSport info revealed
1. Campaign Mode: 117 offline events guiding you through the motorsporting genre
2. Sport Mode: Features online FIA events including the Nations and Manufacturers Cup.
3. 137 cars, 19 locations with 27 different layouts.
4. Photomode Scapes: Over 1000 scapes to choose from. No limit on cars in the photo.
5. Livery Editor.
6. Museum mode returning from GT5.
7. Tracks Seen: Nurburgring, Brands Hatch, Tokyo Expressway, Northern Isle Speedway, Seattle (?), Willow Springs.
8. New cars including PD-developed GT cars
9. New car ranking system (Gr. 1, Gr.3, N, etc.)
10. Community/Social aspect.
11. Release onn November 15th-17th.
-Popular first impressions: Good graphics, not so great sound, a few minor graphical errors and glitches. Overall, below expectations.
-Beta cancelled (?)
May. 12, 2016:
-GTSport event to be held at Copper Box May 19th-20th.
Jan. 4, 2016:
-Scuderia Glickenhaus may be coming to GTS
Jan. 3, 2016:
-Upcoming GT Hotwheels set could hint at more cars for GTSport
Nov. 5, 2015:
-Sung Kang's 240Z to be added to Gran Turismo for PS4
Oct. 28, 2015:
-More Substantial than a Prologue
-Sony Executive Jim Ryan confident on release date
Oct. 27, 2015:
-Announced Gran Turismo Sport at PGW
-Beta starts early 2016

I'm wondering about that Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus. Would make a nice edition as a new marque. Fits the theme of "dream" cars in GTS.

When Ferrari was announced to be in Gran Turismo(GT HD & GT5P), it was done at the Paris Motor Show. Detroit auto show is Monday, the NY International Auto Show is around mid to late April(which would make it one year and a half since the game's announcement), Frankfurt is in September.
Maybe a Porsche announcement is possible, at one of these shows.

Point #10 about the Community aspect. I gave my opinion about extending play with mobile devices. There's no official GT community like Forza Motorsport.net.
Sure, I'm glad I can log onto :gtplanet: and catch up on news, post pics and commune here. Thing is, what is the "Official GT" site for, if not for the GT Community?
No, community pics from people that aren't gtplanet subscribers. No daily blog about the latest racing series, to carry "Gran Turismo" windscreen banners. Will it continue to be a onesided affair with online heavy GTS or will it embrace the community?

I can just about see another GT game(after GTS) release before PS5. It would contain the extra 250+ cars that are supposedly being made for GTS. I'd guess they'd consist of the GT Awards cars and the same 140 cars from GTS.
Kaz says GTS=GT7, but it's going to be too much for them to handle with this game. They'll package it in the next car collection Gran Turismo.

You got a point there. But I think there's another factor here, which I forgot to mention. Licensing issues. What if your user-scape has some brands in the background? I'm sure some people will find their way to your picture and sue you for licensing issues ;) Haha

I'm more worried about that happening.

Some places seem fully 3D rendered like the wind tunnel, the "designer house" and the garage. Would it be hard to make them photo locations (like Forza 6)?

I saw a few trailers... is it normal that I want to get a PS4 and GT Sport only for the photomode? Seriously i have no intention to drive, just to take photos

I saw a few trailers... is it normal that I want to get a PS4 and GT Sport only for the photomode? Seriously i have no intention to drive, just to take photos

Well it's your money, but wouldn't a real camera be a better investment? Sure you can't take photos of any exotic car you like in any location, but it must be more rewarding getting out into the world and taking real photos, of real things, if photography is such a great interest?

Well it's your money, but wouldn't a real camera be a better investment? Sure you can't take photos of any exotic car you like in any location, but it must be more rewarding getting out into the world and taking real photos, of real things, if photography is such a great interest?
I Alredy have an expensive Camera!

Lets buy it then! Its sure less expensive than the real camera :)

Any news about GTS? New Trailer? New Screenshots? New tracks? New cars? New game modes? Anything?

Is it already out?

You also need infinite flight tickets, tracking rig, a helicopter, a whole bunch of different lenses, access to every racing event, the ability to freely walk around the track during races, light speed travel too, so that you can go from willow springs to japan in an instant... like don't get me wrong, real life photography is a lot of fun, but its a pretty different experience.

Last edited:
...Nope.

...Nope.

...Nope. Okay, maybe. Off-screen shots of someone playing the game, somewhere.

...Nope.

...Nope.

...Nope.

...Nope.

:lol:

There's a joke about a Broken Record somewhere in there.

You also need infinite flight tickets, tracking rig, a helicopter, a whole bunch of different lenses, access to every racing event, the ability to freely walk around the track during races, light speed travel too, so that you can go from willow springs to japan in an instant... like don't get me wrong, real life photography is a lot of fun, but its a pretty different experience.

I think "expensive" is another word you can add to that as there is also credentials to attain as well as staying in the nearest place to the race track or venue in question.

Both are rewarding in their own way. I think a lot of it's appeal is the fact that you're able to do something that you're otherwise not able to do in real life, with relative ease.

I have access to my girlfriends D90 if I want to mess around with it, but I don't have the technical know how to get things situated like I would be able to in a video game, as you can basically create the instance you want with adjust-ability within games. Things like changing the time of day, weather, and what not. The difficulty threshold can be a bit discouraging sometimes.

Last edited:
In my opinion the photomode alone is worth 60 bucks:)
Can't wait to try it out

What would make it worth 60 bucks is a VR-type lens-mount adaptor to your own dSLR
so you see your photomode composition trough the viewfinder

I keep hope that one day i will get home for work, check out gtplanet gt sport forums and find some good news about a release date. One day.....one day.
$_35.JPG

I keep hope that one day i will get home for work, check out gtplanet gt sport forums and find some good news about a release date. One day.....one day.

More realist GTP headlines for the coming season: (speculation, don't take this for gospel)

"E3 news; Turn10 announces Forza Motorsport 7 details, peak at massive car list and official release date, new details on Project Cars 2 and tentative release date, Assetto Corsa successor in the works, Polyphony Digital announces more delays regarding GTSport, release date pushed to 2018."

Optimism and hope is a word you sadly learn not to use when talking about PD.

This was meant to be posted earlier, got distracted.

Graphics ;)

Also man, with these things, it's just not bullet point lists is it? It's the feel of the thing. The nostalgia.

I think there are some people who have all these other games, and for whatever reason, they aren't enough. The console landscape is just a bit empty without a GT.

Maybe that's why 'GT Fanboys' get a lot of stick on here, because they're just looking forward to it, no matter what, and all the lists and proveable points, and inarguable realities don't amount to much really, in the face of this weird irrational optimism, of hope. Nothing wrong with that, really.

Also, those graphics haha.

It's a fair point. Well, to a point, anyway. ;)

It's a preference thing. That's cool: we all have them. I still consider GT my favourite franchise, because of the influence the PS1 and PS2 era games had. Like you said: nostalgia. Not that I get much of that looking at GT Sport, though...

I think what happens once in a while is some folks present the immeasurable as measurable, or others try to compare the two, and it just doesn't work. You'll often see someone suggesting GT is the "best" racing franchise because it's sold more than any of its competitors (though that only makes it the best-selling).

*Duke Nukem Forever cries in the corner, because he was out too SOON.

10 years of development seems like the opposite of "Too Soon". Besides, it did bad because it was just terrible, something people didn't find acceptable after THAT long of a development time.

Back