Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Hi, I´m new to the GTS Hype Train and I have some Questions:

Will there be online race series (more races in a row) or will there only be single races?
Do we know anything about VR support?
How about the Fanatec Wheels (especially the GT3 V2)? Will it work?
Will the game come out "Soon"? ;)

THX

Did anyone else get this email from PS, second one I had now about buckling up racing online, and Solo racing, Nations cup, manufacturers cup and coming soon still when you click the link on PS site :) (no release date just says 2017 still).

It looks a marketing push has started on it. I wonder what the marketing plan is before release?

View attachment 643613
@calvins48 and I both seen a GT Sport advert before our showings of Fast 8 too, which was pretty fantastic. The marketing swing could be getting underway.

Although, that huge GT Sport section is probably there because first party-wise Sony don't have much in the immediate future.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Strange results?! :)
Is anybody have this kind of bug?

Attachments

• IMG_4192.JPG
    IMG_4192.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 99
Hi, I´m new to the GTS Hype Train and I have some Questions:

Will there be online race series (more races in a row) or will there only be single races?
Do we know anything about VR support?
How about the Fanatec Wheels (especially the GT3 V2)? Will it work?
Will the game come out "Soon"? ;)

THX
I'm not sure about the series races.
It has VR support but only in a dedicated "VR Tour" mode
if wheels were made before PS4 support they most likely wont work
I hope it comes out "soon"!

Is it just me or Polyphony actually started to give us something often enough? We have pretty good April and I think we will start May with more Interlagos screenshots. Hopefully, this trend will continue until the game's release.

I think that @Jordan liking this comment may give you a hint as to how accurate a prediction this is! :)

I finally got the gorgeous Mercedes-AMG GT3 this evening. I love that car and the livery, matt grey and yellow, looks absolutely fantastic. The downside currently is that only the boring Northern Isle Speedway is available for Gr.3 / GT3. I need Dragon Trail or ideally Nurburgring Nordschleife to truly test it.
Dont know for you, but i get five times in a row gt3 cars, and only one gr.4 car

Can we hope to see some kind of blur in gameplay? The Porsche gameplay looks very good but a little bit of blur could do wonders. (of course with the option to turn it off)

I finally got the gorgeous Mercedes-AMG GT3 this evening. I love that car and the livery, matt grey and yellow, looks absolutely fantastic. The downside currently is that only the boring Northern Isle Speedway is available for Gr.3 / GT3. I need Dragon Trail or ideally Nurburgring Nordschleife to truly test it.
Great car! Would also love it to guide it over the Nordschleife again. Yesterday 160 laps Northern Isle Speedway try to get as close to the top 10 times. Still stuck at 14:214, dizzy and my neck tends to the left. Suggestion to PD: give us the NIS reverse so my neck goes up straight again.

And then the replays with this AMG GT3. :drool::bowdown:

Great car! Would also love it to guide it over the Nordschleife again. Yesterday 160 laps Northern Isle Speedway try to get as close to the top 10 times. Still stuck at 14:214, dizzy and my neck tends to the left. Suggestion to PD: give us the NIS reverse so my neck goes up straight again.

And then the replays with this AMG GT3. :drool::bowdown:
I am stuck at 14.242 with the gorgeous Toyota FT-1 VGT and now cannot get within 0.1 of that with anything.

I had a nightmare at NIS last night. I was in P6 when I was spun out while lapping the person in P17. To make matters worse I then finished behind him in P18. I swore like never before!

Last edited:
I am stuck at 14.263 with the gorgeous Toyota FT-1 VGT and now cannot get within 0.1 of that with anything.

I had a nightmare at NIS last night. I was in P6 when I was spun out while lapping the person in P17. To make matters worse I then finished behind him in P18. I swore like never before!

For that reason I have not taken part in online NIS races yet. Nords, DragonTrail, BHI are ok but the ovals definitely will make me very frustrated (as always).

14.2xx also very nice time! Hopefully we can see more then only the top10 rankings etc in the final version

Regarding the times at NIS, I'm actually surprised how quick I am in GT Sport. I did a 14,052 with the AMG GT3 and I'm only a couple of hundreds away from the top 10.

might have been asked already, but don't have the time for browsing thru 969 pages.

in the n300 class i'm still stuck with the focus st (i mostly get Gr.3's), is there a way you can manipulate the daily gift car?

p78
might have been asked already, but don't have the time for browsing thru 969 pages.

in the n300 class i'm still stuck with the focus st (i mostly get Gr.3's), is there a way you can manipulate the daily gift car?
If that was a possibility trust that everyone would have a GTR :cheers:

p78
Might have been asked already, but don't have the time for browsing through 969 pages.

In the N300 class I'm still stuck with the Focus ST (I mostly get Gr.3's), is there a way you can manipulate the daily gift car?
I'm sure you can find the time to use your shift key in future.

Try using a DS4, it's faster than using a wheel at NIS. I would love to know if your faster with it also.

Thx for the tip. I will try with a DS4 controller.

Just - after 300 laps :crazy: - I improved from 14:224 to 14:176. Insane. 0,05 in 300 laps is not really efficient time spending. A lot of swearing and my 16 yr old son who watched my professional skills had a very enjoyable laughing moment to see his old dad struggling for that final 0,00X improvement. :lol: He happy me happy :lol:

On the positive side --> added a lot of mileage to the daily counter. Average 700km per day. Is that positive or is that addiction :dunce:

p78

You can't directly manipulate the gift car, but you can manipulate how many you get through a glitch.

You can't directly manipulate the gift car, but you can manipulate how many you get through a glitch.

Or more accurately, you can manipulate how quickly you get the cars that are available to you. There are 36 in total and after that you will receive duplicates. Also, 19 of the 36 cars are Gr.3 so that's why they're received more often.

Or more accurately, you can manipulate how quickly you get the cars that are available to you. There are 36 in total and after that you will receive duplicates. Also, 19 of the 36 cars are Gr.3 so that's why they're received more often.
Actually there's 21 Gr. 3 cars, 8 Gr. 4 cars and 7 N300 class cars.

It's all a matter of perception. I've had the feeling that I had almost exclusively received Gr.3 cars in these first 2 weeks, but out of 15 cars, only 8 are(53%).

That means that the Gr.3 percentage of the remaining cars is actually 62%. :lol:

Back