Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I have every car and the majority of them will never get used if I want to be somewhat competitive with the higher ups. It's a shame really. I don't see how one particular track favors one particular GT3 or the GTR GR.4. It makes no sense to me they can be so much better in their class than any other with a decent setup. The only hope is PD changes some parameters in the cars that aren't used often that makes them more competitive.

Thx for the tip. I will try with a DS4 controller.

Just - after 300 laps :crazy: - I improved from 14:224 to 14:176. Insane. 0,05 in 300 laps is not really efficient time spending. A lot of swearing and my 16 yr old son who watched my professional skills had a very enjoyable laughing moment to see his old dad struggling for that final 0,00X improvement. :lol: He happy me happy :lol:

On the positive side --> added a lot of mileage to the daily counter. Average 700km per day. Is that positive or is that addiction :dunce:
Was there tuning involved in this quest? Did you find out anything that really worked? Were there settings that didn't matter at all to the eventual lap times?

Was there tuning involved in this quest? Did you find out anything that really worked? Were there settings that didn't matter at all to the eventual lap times?
On the nascar car tracks ALL settings are locked out for BoP, except brake bias and TCS

edit: not sure about the brake bias

Only tuning possibility is the TC all the other setup changes are locked. So the only thing I tuned was the grip of my hands on the wheel.

The only car that I haven't received yet is the McLaren 650's GT3...all I receive are duplicates at the moment.

Between all the cars, it had to be a McLaren? :irked:
She is a beauty and sounds great! My new favorite Gr.3 car. The handling is top notch!

I've joind the dark side.

I now have a GT-R for the Gr4 Nordscliefe races and it's 7 seconds a lap quicker than my Megane. BOP? What BOP?
We just were in the same Brands Hatch Race. I/we had to crisscross through some maniacs :)

I try Nords again with teh slow starting Scirocco :)

Judging by all the feedback for the beta so far, does anyone else think that maybe Poly should start considering a move away from racing games and onto something else? They're pretty outclassed by the competition at this point and I believe the divide will only continue to get wider. Besides, they did make Omega Boost some time ago, so it's not like making racing games was all they've ever done.

Judging by all the feedback for the beta so far, does anyone else think that maybe Poly should start considering a move away from racing games and onto something else? They're pretty outclassed by the competition at this point and I believe the divide will only continue to get wider. Besides, they did make Omega Boost some time ago, so it's not like making racing games was all they've ever done.
No
I need my GT games
You don't like it? Don't buy it.

I already have more fun with the tiny GT Sport beta than with my copies of PCars and Assetto Corsa... so, NO

Why not. They should give it a try. IMO they're not "outclassed" by the competition, they are simply stubborn. Sounds are "flat", boring or linear because they want it to be that way. If a modder can provide good sounds, I'm sure a first party dev can do it. So far, it's the racing game with the least camera views and ridiculous collisions. They're still the best for the presentation, and some extra features like photomode or replays. Everything else feels outdated, stuck in the 90's.
A non racing game could be interesting (Guerilla Studio with Killzone and today Horizon is a good example)

Did anyone else had a mild nausea caused by the "new" chase cam movement ?

It happened to me on short oval when I was driving slowly and went from the flat part into the banking and the camera went crazy.

My stomach turned a little bit.

GT is fine. It will sell in big numbers because the brand image and some aspects like how good it looks, Photomode/Scapes, livery editor (remain to be seen), etc. For some people (me especially) GT as a racing games have a touch and character that other racing games didn't have, for example how neat the replay camera compared to other racing games. PD nailed this for years and they doing fine with that. Also, how they make trailers, it is superb. I agree there are some magic gone in GT games these days, but I'm sure it will live for quite longer.

Why not. They should give it a try. IMO they're not "outclassed" by the competition, they are simply stubborn. Sounds are "flat", boring or linear because they want it to be that way. If a modder can provide good sounds, I'm sure a first party dev can do it. So far, it's the racing game with the least camera views and ridiculous collisions. They're still the best for the presentation, and some extra features like photomode or replays. Everything else feels outdated, stuck in the 90's.
A non racing game could be interesting (Guerilla Studio with Killzone and today Horizon is a good example)

PD may hesitate to do that. GT is became their only biggest franchise and still making profits after they launched it back in 1997 and it is a huge success for generations, so they decided to stuck and focus with it. But I also agree if PD want to try new things or making other games with different genre, besides GT as the main franchise (or they think it is enough and want to make a replacement for it). Want to see them make a game that rivals Forza Horizon or something like TDU (if they want to stick with racing but less restricted). That should be fun driving around cities and take challenges, without thinking physics or serious driving aid stuff, just pure fun. Or simply make an epic open world games like GTA. Imagine those details every time you are going around the environment and taking some pictures, that would be amazing!. I think an RPG or something that Japanese developer make is good as well, like Nier Automata, that's pretty good imo.

They don't need to drop racing games, they have a major franchise. They need to hire new staff who have ideas and a clear direction. They are bottom of the pile as far as product goes. Take the GT label off the box and what you're left with is a mediocre title. PDI need a major shake up and Kaz probably should step aside.

Yes, I agree. They might not need new games, but what they need is to do is restructuring their organizations. PD need new talent and fresh ideas, although I believe there are some new staff working behind GTS, for example marketing, now they are a bit communicative to people lol. About Kaz, Idk if he already think about retiring from his beloved work, but surely that time will come. Nothing last forever...

PS4 sales at 60 million now. Will be close to 70 by the time GTSport releases.
GTsport sales figures are completely unpredictable at this point. It could and should flop based on the quality of the last two titles and the knowledge GTsport hasn't expanded on those two editions but cut back. Is it's name enough to ensure success? It's easy to assume so for guys who have grown with the series, but many of us have moved on and there's a new generation taking our place who may look a GTsport and just think meh!. On the other hand graphics, ooh piece of candy! ( Family Guy reference )

lol

Did anyone else had a mild nausea caused by the "new" chase cam movement ?

It happened to me on short oval when I was driving slowly and went from the flat part into the banking and the camera went crazy.

My stomach turned a little bit.

I race mainly bonnet or roof cam but after about 15 laps of going in the same direction, I did get really nauseous when a back marker shot across my screen in the opposite direction to which I was going.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have every car and the majority of them will never get used if I want to be somewhat competitive with the higher ups. It's a shame really. I don't see how one particular track favors one particular GT3 or the GTR GR.4. It makes no sense to me they can be so much better in their class than any other with a decent setup. The only hope is PD changes some parameters in the cars that aren't used often that makes them more competitive.
Yea, all this. BoP should also include locked tune for most events. They need to dial that in and create a nice mix of competitive cars. They did a pretty decent job in GT6 quick match, I feel like maybe they're intentionally leaving it this way in the beta for some test reasons.

Yea, all this. BoP should also include locked tune for most events. They need to dial that in and create a nice mix of competitive cars. They did a pretty decent job in GT6 quick match, I feel like maybe they're intentionally leaving it this way in the beta for some test reasons.
Just look at the leader boards on the ovals, all the tuning is locked out and still only one car dominates. PD and BoP needs a lot of work

Just look at the leader boards on the ovals, all the tuning is locked out and still only one car dominates. PD and BoP needs a lot of work

I have not seen the leaderboards but I'm guessing it is the AMG GT3? It's about time I got a class leader! :lol: In the race I see a lot of the VGT (roofless thing I don't actually know what it is as I don't pay much attention to them) That seems to have some race pace, at least at the speedway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back