Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I hope that however prize cars are handed out in the final release is a bit more even than the beta.

Currently have 10 Gr3, 6 Gr4 and a lone Evora in N400.
Well if credits are still involved, why would we need prize cars for such a limited amount of cars? Not including if we can add performance enhancing parts. Tuning is obvious from the beta.

Well if credits are still involved, why would we need prize cars for such a limited amount of cars? Not including if we can add performance enhancing parts. Tuning is obvious from the beta.
True, but prize cars have been pretty much a staple of the series to date.

Well, if you pre-order certain versions you get Bonus-Credits for a start so it pretty safe to say that you can buy cars in the final version.
So if that does happen, what is the point if cars are awarded? And can you modify them? IE add a turbocharger/supercharger.

So if that does happen, what is the point if cars are awarded? And can you modify them? IE add a turbocharger/supercharger.
As @Scaff mentioned, it has always been a mix of price cars for completing certain tasks in Single Player and the possibility to buy cars. Didn't see a mention of upgrades so far (from official site), but in the Beta you can switch between standard gearbox vs. fully customizable gearbox, which had to be bought with credits in former games. Same with tires, cars come equipped with 1 set of tires but you had to buy the rest. I could image that they keep that path also for GTS.

@bdj57 At this point and given the strong competition, can we expect some changes for GTSport in the car roaster? Not about Porsche but rather about the variety like drift cars, JDMs, Kei cars, classic cars... The focus on modern cars makes the car roaster bland for me.

@bdj57 At this point and given the strong competition, can we expect some changes for GTSport in the car roaster? Not about Porsche but rather about the variety like drift cars, JDMs, Kei cars, classic cars... The focus on modern cars makes the car roaster bland for me.
I hope the lotus 97t is included

Good to hear it's turning out well, despite what some in here would have people believe. If things like Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa can do well, there's no reason at all that GT Sport can't, except for vindictive old "fans" who want to see things burn.

Racing games is basically what they do. Omega Boost was a fluke, just like how Einhander was a fluke for Square. They're both also two decades old, and I don't understand people who demand sequels for a couple of random projects like that.

It'd be nice if people who are obviously not at all familiar with '90s racing games stop claiming that this game resembles anything in that decade. Or the early '00s, for that matter. But, if you wanna talk about the '90s and early '00s, I miss when games didn't need betas for people to like them, when everyone wasn't constantly whining about how "busy" they claim to be or about games that are actually cheaper new than they used to be, when people weren't up in arms about some minor bug or DLC and claiming all day that games use to ship "complete" (damned lie), and so on. I ****ing wish this game even remotely resembled an actual '90s racing game.

This isn't a change in standards, it's a change in personal conduct. Hiring someone to sit around GTPlanet is a terrible idea, now more than ever. The Steam forums have proved this. And, let's face it, this forum has kinda proved it too. The replies to my older posts are pretty disgusting... and they're also upvoted into the stratosphere, go figure. I have no hope for this fanbase, and PD shouldn't either.

So I'll just keep buying GTs, because they've always been great games so far, especially 6. I have yet to see an actual reason to doubt anything PD is doing. I'm playing Grid Autosport as I type this, by the way, for what that might be worth.

Last edited:
Good to hear it's turning out well, despite what some in here would have people believe. If things like Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa can do well, there's no reason at all that GT Sport can't, except for vindictive old "fans" who want to see things burn.

Racing games is basically what they do. Omega Boost was a fluke, just like how Einhander was a fluke for Square. They're both also two decades old, and I don't understand people who demand sequels for a couple of random projects like that.

It'd be nice if people who are obviously not at all familiar with '90s racing games stop claiming that this game resembles anything in that decade. Or the early '00s, for that matter. But, if you wanna talk about the '90s and early '00s, I miss when games didn't need betas for people to like them, when everyone wasn't constantly whining about how "busy" they claim to be or about games that are actually cheaper new than they used to be, when people weren't up in arms about some minor bug or DLC and claiming all day that games use to ship "complete" (damned lie), and so on. I ****ing wish this game even remotely resembled an actual '90s racing game.

This isn't a change in standards, it's a change in personal conduct. Hiring someone to sit around GTPlanet is a terrible idea, now more than ever. The Steam forums have proved this. And, let's face it, this forum has kinda proved it too. The replies to my older posts are pretty disgusting... and they're also upvoted into the stratosphere, go figure. I have no hope for this fanbase, and PD shouldn't either.

So I'll just keep buying GTs, because they've always been great games so far, especially 6. I have yet to see an actual reason to doubt anything PD is doing. I'm playing Grid Autosport as I type this, by the way, for what that might be worth.
GT is great and anyone who disagrees with you is a vindictive old fan that wants to see the franchise burn. Gotcha:tup:👍

About that I think we should wait for official confirmation from PD themselves, even though we already seen range of N classes which it starts from N100, that could be filled by some compact cars or kei cars for such. And for classics, GTS didn't shows anything below 2009's until now. Actually, there is small chances for classics being GTS for example if you remember we have seen Ferrari Dino in Scapes back at PD office party and that remains a secret. Still, it is better to wait for official confirmation to make things clear imo. If not came from official sources then what else? A leak info like Interlagos is obviously still on question whether the track will officially announced and included in GTS.

Damn, even though the game still needs a lot of improvement, I find myself enjoying it every time I play.

I'm this* close to a sub 7 minute lap around the Nurburgring using Gr.3 cars. I feel like I've improved a lot since I first started playing. I don't really consider myself a fast player. Nor can I tune that well...at all. My first lap when I played was...something in the high 7:20's. To improve from that, to a 7:02 in less than a month is something that makes me pretty happy.

* I was on track to something in the mid 6:50's on my last lap judging by the split times, but I took a corner too wide and span right before Dottinger Hohe. I'm nearly there!

GTsport sales figures are completely unpredictable at this point. It could and should flop based on the quality of the last two titles and the knowledge GTsport hasn't expanded on those two editions but cut back. Is it's name enough to ensure success? It's easy to assume so for guys who have grown with the series, but many of us have moved on and there's a new generation taking our place who may look a GTsport and just think meh!. On the other hand graphics, ooh piece of candy! ( Family Guy reference )

It's also launching into a weird space. It's super late on the hardware, and by the time it comes out it's likely that there will be both PS4 Pro and Scorpio. It's got a bunch of direct competitors both in the gameplay area (pCARS 1 and 2, AC, FM5/6/7) and in the graphical prettiness area (Driveclub, FH2/3). PC has also become much more of a mainstream gaming platform and it has significant competitors in both areas as well.

Some of us just want to see a good game, a return to the days when Gran Turismo was the unquestioned king of the hill.

Hiring someone to sit around GTPlanet is a terrible idea, now more than ever.

What? Why now more than ever? I mean, given that they've never done it.

The Steam forums have proved this.

What? How so?

And, let's face it, this forum has kinda proved it too.

Oh. Are you just salty that some people also use this forum to vent their frustration at some of Polyphony's less enlightened design choices or their more frustrating bugs?

I have no hope for this fanbase, and PD shouldn't either.

Good job you're not in charge of customer service then, eh?

So I'll just keep buying GTs, because they've always been great games so far, especially 6.

Especially 6? Look, some people were quite happy with what they got out of 6 for their money and that's fine. But I'm not sure that I've seen anyone who actually experienced the past games at release claim that 6 is a high point.

If you've only played 5 and 6...maybe 6 wins out. If you played any of 1 through 4 on release I honestly don't see how you come to the conclusion that 6 was great. It was at best fine, which is what tends to show through in critical reviews from either professional reviewers or people with extended knowledge of the genre. You may have a different opinion, but objectively Gran Turismo 6 was not a great game, unless by "great" you mean 8/10* or lower.

*Noting of course that 8/10 on the video game scale roughly translates to "decent if you like this sort of game".

So I was thinking - maybe 140 cars because BOP ? I mean if after the delay full game ships still with only 140 it's clear they are holding some back.

They can't be that slow.

So I was thinking - maybe 140 cars because BOP ? I mean if after the delay full game ships still with only 140 it's clear they are holding some back.

They can't be that slow.

Been thinking about that. According to Kaz

“Naturally we’re planning DLC and updates after launch, but I can’t go into specifics at this point in time. What I can tell you is that you won’t be kept waiting for a year like with GT5. I think a certain period of time after release we’ll start putting it out fairly quickly.

Now GTSport will probably release almost a year after its original launch date, so maybe the initial number is outdated (as it should be). We also have the "GTS will have 400-500 cars in the end" quote. Now granted PD could still have cars ready but will still choose to hold them till after release -- However, I'd think they want to get on people's good side.

Old PD average 50 cars per year (before the latest big expansion) so best case scenario would see the car list number rise to something like 200, but don't hold your breath.

Completely agree with you, I'll buy GTS when it realeases because I like it from what I've played of the beta but I also want it to be king again. GT6 was a great game, an 8/10 but I want a GT to go beyond that and get a 10/10 in every department but that takes time and constructive criticism from the fan base, I find that only a handful or so of fans on GTP give constructive feedback. Patience is what's needed something that a lot of GT fans don't have. GTS I believe will constantly improve in all departments if the right feedback is given in the right way. Comunication is key in my opinion in order to correct or improve what players want.

Completely agree with you, I'll buy GTS when it realeases because I like it from what I've played of the beta but I also want it to be king again. GT6 was a great game, an 8/10 but I want a GT to go beyond that and get a 10/10 in every department but that takes time and constructive criticism from the fan base, I find that only a handful or so of fans on GTP give constructive feedback. Patience is what's needed something that a lot of GT fans don't have. GTS I believe will constantly improve in all departments if the right feedback is given in the right way. Comunication is key in my opinion in order to correct or improve what players want.
It's amazing what people think will happen when evidence and experience points to the exact opposite. People still calling for patience. I've said it before but PD could serve up a turd sandwich and many GT fans would happily tuck in.

They can't be that slow.
I've been thinking about this. Didn't they add more cars for GT5 after it got delayed? I'm hoping they'll add more.

I hearrr you. But your view on how constructive feedback is provided doesn't seem fair. A lot of criticism is constructive feedback as much as their is constructive feedback provided negatively. All I would like is for people to tone back their feelings when providing their criticism on the state of the series or the developer's handling of the series. Not all of the time, but often, there are bombardments of negative constructive feedback.

It doesn't help anyone, except for you / them / me in order to vent. Let's all show courtesy to each other and show respect to PD. Show respect. I'm not saying you should be a robot about it.

It's amazing what people think will happen when evidence and experience points to the exact opposite. People still calling for patience. I've said it before but PD could serve up a turd sandwich and many GT fans would happily tuck in.
Some of us are simply not as offended by what they provided in GT5 and GT6. We made due with what was there whilst providing feedback on how the structure should be improved along with features and what should be tweaked or changed or reverted back to and so on. We can be content and not think it best to bash the hand that feeds us. It's not to say we're robots and don't get frustrated, concealing our feelings. We pick and choose which problems deserve a smackdown and what deserve providing a simple critique.

Yes, there are those of us who are total fanboys (I am just FanBoY). THEY need to start providing feedback in their way to offset the balance of the people who aren't fanboys, but are fans who are a tad bit vitriolic in providing feedback with the added signature dash of crapping on anything and everything.

If this forum finds a balance, I will be a happy chappie.

So what do you suggest then, let's just keep slayting PD until they get the message is that it. The only thing that can be done is give constructive Criticism, there going in the right direction however slow that may be and I think they deserve a little respect people seem to forget that PD are a company made up of people and in my opinion they deserve respect.

So what do you suggest then, let's just keep slayting PD until they get the message is that it. The only thing that can be done is give constructive Criticism, there going in the right direction however slow that may be and I think they deserve a little respect people seem to forget that PD are a company made up of people and in my opinion they deserve respect.
Respect for what you do well, criticism for what you don't. Gaming is a dog eat dog world, no place for the squeamish.

At one point, I made a post in a "whining" thread that I thought it wasn't even worth criticizing Gran Turismo anymore since GT5 and 6 didn't really make the improvements that fans wanted. Honestly, I was puzzled on why fans even bothered at one point.

However now, I will gladly say that I was wrong about that. GT Sport isn't up to the hardcore sim standard (which I'm fine with, but I understand that others aren't), but I think it's getting there. I've seen improvements in areas such as the sounds, frame rate, and visual damage that I never thought I would see in a GT title for a while. Anyway, my point was that I guess there's still a chance for PD to make GT the best it can be. Okay, that's all I have to say for now.

That's a little misguided in the context of this being a fan forum. This isn't PCARS where the developer is obligated in directly communicating with people who helped fund them.

But don't we keep PD in business by purchasing their game? If it was that bad nobody would buy it or it would have a short shelf life with not enough activity to keep up servers (I.E. RacePro on Xbox 360)

That's a little misguided in the context of this being a fan forum. This isn't PCARS where the developer is obligated in directly communicating with people who helped fund them.
So what is supposed to be different in a fan forum? Fans of the franchise can't praise the good parts and criticize the bad? Not sure what the PCars connection is.

Call me stupid but as circuit racer for gamers and car lovers there is and there never will be something better than GT!

I have all the racegames and non of them giving me the feeling as GT does. Do you like Asetto and Project cars more? Well thats no problem because you can choose now. So why the hate and negativetie when you can choose....

Edit:

Ow and that doesnt mean that i have no critic against poly because iam missing some stuff now and the communication is crap but still of playing the beta now i JUST WANT THIS FREAKING game so bad!!!

Call me stupid but as circuit racer for gamers and car lovers there is and there never will be something better than GT!

I have all the racegames and non of them giving me the feeling as GT does. Do you like Asetto and Project cars more? Well thats no problem because you can choose now. So why the hate and negativetie when you can choose....

Edit:

Ow and that doesnt mean that i have no critic against poly because iam missing some stuff now and the communication is crap but still of playing the beta now i JUST WANT THIS FREAKING game so bad!!!
You see, this is the problem. Even if it was true now, how can you possibly know the bit in bold?

I don't know if I'm the only one that noticed this:

• If you hit the 41 km mark in a N300 car, you get awarded with a N300 car.
• If you hit the 41 km mark in a Gr.4 and a Gr.3 car, you win a Gr.4 and Gr.3 car perspectively.

Yes, there are those of us who are total fanboys (I am just FanBoY). THEY need to start providing feedback in their way to offset the balance of the people who aren't fanboys, but are fans who are a tad bit vitriolic in providing feedback with the added signature dash of crapping on anything and everything.

I don't think balance is found in countering vitriol with fanboyism. That's just a whole bunch of people being irrational. What would be preferable is people being sensible and rational about their experiences with the game. We all have moments where we just need to gush or rant and that's just fine, but those aside it would be nice if people felt that they didn't have to misrepresent the game to "counter" what they feel other people are saying.

Back