Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Guys lets face it, if the game is 50% done now, then did PD make the right decision in focusing on VGT cars to GTS's detriment?

The VGT project was superfluous, in my opinion.

Guys lets face it, if the game is 50% done now, then did PD make the right decision in focusing on VGT cars to GTS's detriment?

The VGT project was superfluous, in my opinion.
Forget the 50%, that's just marketing speach. It doesn't really mean much.

There's six months left, that's all you have to know.

It's not that he's a poor commentator, I think his knowledge would work better in presenting and Edwards is a C4 commentator so why not use him for that?

tbh to be a good commentator you need to be able to inject life into the commentary. I don't feel this from Jordan, sorry. And I think Toni got far too much hate than he deserves even though he was also lackluster as well.

I would agree though that Jordan would make a good presenter.

Also I agree wholeheartedly with using an actual race commentator for this. What were the organizers thinking with all the roles

Wow, everyone was so hyped a few hours ago, it seems to have all turned to disappointment.

GT5 and GT6 had some revolutionary features for people to look forward to.

This has online and a livery editor, both of which are by now standard features for racing games. I think the coolest thing is the upgraded photo mode, but I think the amount of people who that appeals to is fairly limited. For example, I wouldn't buy a game just for a nice photo mode.

It's nice looking but not Driveclub levels of incredible. It sounds OK but it's not great. There's very little to look at and say "That looks absolutely incredible". It just looks like a decent but unspectacular game. For a lot of people, their attachment to the GT franchise isn't so strong any more that they get super excited over what appears to be just more of the same.

Eh.

Considering the jagges and the aliasing which has no place in a GT game, I'm inclined to believe them when they say they're not quite done with the game. We may very well get a half game at release, like with GT6, but I can at least say with confidence that the best is yet to come.

Lighting is incredible though.

FTFY. After seeing the races earlier, I'm less then confident.

Why? It always never works out the way you guys want it, I'd thought you'd learn that by now.
I think you misunderstand. For many of us GT was where it all began. We want GT to regain its crown as the ultimate racing game. And each time they release a version which doesn't even meet never mind exceed some of the things their competitors are doing a little bit of our gaming past dies. Car models look beautiful, Brands Hatch looked awesome, photo mode would appear to be something else but there are still lots of things people are seeing that make them really worried about the game.

Back