Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
If this is GT7, then why did Kaz say a few months ago that the standards will be in GT7 ?

It sounds to me like, while GTS is the next GT game, it isn't GT7.

But, meh what do i know.

If this is GT7, then why did Kaz say a few months ago that the standards will be in GT7 ?

It sounds to me like, while GTS is the next GT game, it isn't GT7.

But, meh what do i know.
Personally, I think that what PD/Kaz are trying to say by stating that they're "keeping the archive", is that they wouldn't necessarily include standard cars, but they wouldn't throw away the data for them either. Upgrading them over time, if you will. At least, that's how I interpreted it. That would be ideal, because eventually, you might see some the Mark IV Supra get upgraded, which I know is a car that many around here love and have wanted it to be upgraded for a long time now.

Ok then let me try, GTsport is the last game in the franchise, no gt7, no gtsport 2. Dont ask me any questions because expect you just to believe me.
There's no need to be so forceful mate. You have no idea what PD will do. Blatantly saying that GT Sport is the last game in the franchise is really dumb and childish as you have no information to back yourself up. It's not even an opinion, you have phrased your sentence as a fact. PD is not going to stop making games anytime soon, they will continue to make games for as long as possible.

There's no need to be so forceful mate. You have no idea what PD will do. Blatantly saying that GT Sport is the last game in the franchise is really dumb and childish as you have no information to back yourself up. It's not even an opinion, you have phrased your sentence as a fact. PD is not going to stop making games anytime soon, they will continue to make games for as long as possible.
I think he was being sacastic in a response to an earlier post. ;)

Could have to do with physics - but maybe you aren't that good in the wet. ;)

Well, actually the AI in Project Cars has a different tire model than the player... and for good reasons. The tire model of the player is quite complex, so consoles or even pc could barely handle more than one car with this tire model. You can thank the simple tire model of the AI for the fact that you can race against more than 40 of them.

Last edited:
Willow Springs looks real :eek:
mifEmAv.gif

Last edited:
Well, actually the AI in Project Cars has a different tire model than the player... and for good reasons. The tire model of the player is quite complex, so consoles or even pc could barely handle more than one car with this tire model. You can thank the simple tire model of the AI for the fact that you race against more than 40 of them.
Yes I was aware of that, which is why I suggested the physics could be a factor for that scenario - and I was just poking a little fun at the complainant. ;)

iracing has amazing racing and the best structure. But all the content is over a $1000 plus yearly subscription costis $50-70 ........ were as GTS will be $50 all in forever. happy days !!
Add:
$400 for the console.
$50 annually for PSN.
Likely $$$ for DLC if you want to keep your game up to date with content.
Around $CDN250 for a wheel (T150 last price I saw) if you want to be super competitive (if GT5 and GT6 is any indication).
My point is KAZ is trying to bring that level of structure to console's, but with drop dead gorgeous visuals. Available to the masses for the price of peanuts.
Kaz is trying to bring structure to online racing that's true. Whether it's iRacing's level of structure and how effective it is at maintaining clean and competitive online racing in the long run remains to be seen. At several hundred dollars to be competitive and maintain your PSN subscription it's not exactly peanuts.

All good. :)

Anyway, we shouldn't care if the AI is running a different physic or tire model than ours, as soon as their behaviour is similar to ours most of the times. Pcars didn't quite nailed that though.
For the record, I believe Assetto Corsa will be running the same physics on the AI as for the driver. I know it is that way on pc at least.

Gts gameplay clip from official website at full gaming resolution looks a bit too good ..... Hugely impressive 👍

It would be a massive disappoint if they then produced a handling model like "mario kart"...

:banghead::banghead:

Aka

GT MARIO SPORT
Yes, there's a real danger of that.:odd:

@Johnnypenso If you're starting from scratch and had to buy all the hardware for GT Sport then it's expensive, but with that reasoning the same could be said for iRacing if you started from scratch and had to add in the cost of the PC, wheel etc...
It's very accessible if you already have the hardware and the PSN sub has alot more benefit than just for GT Sport.

For the record, I believe Assetto Corsa will be running the same physics on the AI as for the driver. I know it is that way on pc at least.

Yeah, I know. For what I know, Assetto Corsa has quite a simple tire model (but nowhere as simple as the AI of Project CARS), but still a realistic one that feels good. Don't know how many AI you can put on the track in AC, but I very much doubt it is as much as Pcars, let me know.

The pics and vids from the last few days have got me convinced about graphics :drool: Now if they can maintain 60 FPS in gameplay as promised, that will be all I need. Also, I'm more interested about Scapes than the driving in this game :lol:

Speaking of driving, I'm still not convinced about physics, sounds or AI :indiff:

With regards to the FIA Championship, I have a feeling next game (GT7/8) PD would have forgotten all about it. Hell, I'm worried that there will only be one season of the Nations and Manufacturers Cup before PD gives up. Remember the NASCAR/WRC/Top Gear license in GT5? Poorly implemented. Remember the Senna license in GT6? You guessed it, poorly implemented again.

If you take a look at iRacing and how the well whole service works, and how small it is in scope still compared to the bigger esports titles out there, what chance does PD have? I can't even enter Quick Match in GT6 without getting matching failed 9/10 times. I'm thinking we'll just see the same people again and again in the finals, with 90% of people getting bored of the game a month after release.

Wow, my PS3, PC & PS4 struggled to play the uncompressed footage :lol: sound delays and everything.

Now where can I watch all this glory properly?

I'm aware there's some stuttering in the picture which isn't the fault of my players.

Willow Springs looks real :eek:
mifEmAv.gif

Look at the crowd! it's alive! while dynamic time and weather is a big loss, it's nice to see they are bringing track and car quality on the same level. Sounds good, too, not to the level of the competition, but is an improvement none the less, loving the little details like the speakers in nothern isle speedway. my biggest complaint with sound so far is that, just like in GT6, the engine noise of your cars lowers when close to another car, too bad damage wasn't shown again, guess we'll have to wait and see how that turns out, I am not very confident in this regard, but I hope they shut my mouth. Showcasing the game at Copper Box was a huge mistake in my opinion, the graphical differences between the builds is insane.

Look at the crowd! it's alive! while dynamic time and weather is a big loss, it's nice to see they are bringing track and car quality on the same level. Sounds good, too, not to the level of the competition, but is an improvement none the less, loving the little details like the speakers in nothern isle speedway. my biggest complaint with sound so far is that, just like in GT6, the engine noise of your cars lowers when close to another car, too bad damage wasn't shown again, guess we'll have to wait and see how that turns out, I am not very confident in this regard, but I hope they shut my mouth. Showcasing the game at Copper Box was a huge mistake in my opinion, the graphical differences between the builds is insane.

Remember the crowds from GT4? They would step out on track to get a photo. It really felt like there were people by the side of the road even if they weren't the highest quality

Remember the crowds from GT4? They would step out on track to get a photo. It really felt like there were people by the side of the road even if they weren't the highest quality

Haha! The mediterranean spectator approach from the 80's. That could be impossible to recreate in GT Sport because of modern rules of FIA, I think. Anyway GT4 is a jewel!

next situation this time in monaco

When racing in the dry to rain conditions i can lap as fast as Hamilton, but as soon as the dynamic weather sets in and it starts to rain, Hamilton seems to magically gain 2-3 seconds per lap on me for 2nd half of the race ??? He has magically got more grip out of thin air.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

:)

Back