Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
21:10 here in the UK and the demo end is 10 mins late yet I’m still racing online :cheers: think PD forgot to set the alarm clock

New races for sport mode at 15:00 PDT. It was supposed to end at 14:00 PDT. Extended again?

I hope so but I’ll be home in 5 hours so hopefully it still works. There was a Brazilian PS store post saying it was up until the 17th for PS+ members so who knows?

Actually it’s supposed to end in 45 minutes unless it has been extended!

Physics are still meh, Sounds are still tragic, but at least I know when JKF became president Lol.

65C54EA8-C8BF-4299-8964-A1AA010DB9C6.jpeg

24 hour endurance races with static TOD? Not that it's a bad thing that it's there, but it really is a bit sad when things like dynamic TOD have been removed.
Looks like we're going back to the PS1/2 days of GT endurance racing.

Now that the Beta expired, what’s next?, I’ve pre-ordered the game, does it install another 40gb for the full game or does it just update the Beta to full game.

If the pre-loads the game, when does that happen?

Now that the Beta expired, what’s next?, I’ve pre-ordered the game, does it install another 40gb for the full game or does it just update the Beta to full game.

If the pre-loads the game, when does that happen?

It will download everything again but I’d keep it until the 17th just in case or to look at demo videos.

Shout out to GTPlanet's very own Famine, locking his wheels up out of Graham Hill bend on Brands Hatch in front of me ;)
After a tap on my rear left three quarter, mind.

The game briefly told me I had 16 seconds of penalties and would be disqualified as a result...

Got my million credits, getting a million more with my limited edition, got my bets cars and starter pack. I think I'll have a decent start

Do you think guys that I miss out a really big graphical experience if I play the game in SDR "mode"?

Honestly yes, I have a PS4 standard and a Sony 4K HDR TV. It has a lot of input lag so I usually always set it to 'game' mode which really reduces the image quality.

I didn't have any intention of playing in HDR but I tried it just to test it. I only realised just how much of a difference it makes when I set it back to SDR and felt like I couldn't see anything (in comparison). The details and colours are so much more vivid I'll never be able to play this game in SDR imo.

For some reason, HDR in Project Cars 2 wasn't necessary for me, but it is a whole different level in GT Sport. And oddly, I couldn't notice any input lag from my TV, whereas I felt like in PCARS2 it was bad enough to ruin my lap times, so I had to turn it off and set it to game mode.. you can't have 'game' and 'HDR' on my TV, and there's been no downsides to HDR on GT Sport. It's really amazing.

Back