Gran Turismo Sport Physics Thread (Poll)

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 201 comments

Should we be able to adjust all four corners of the car separately,and tire air pressure?

• Yes

Votes: 188 59.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • There are more important things to do for GT7

Votes: 115 36.4%

• Total voters
I would love to be able to, but I don't know how useful an asymmetrical setup would be except for oval racing. There are definitely better things to spend time on than that.
I would like tyre pressure adjustment though :)

I would love to be able to, but I don't know how useful an asymmetrical setup would be except for oval racing. They are definitely better things to spend time on than that.
I would like tyre pressure adjustment though :)
Each car could come with a toggle for assymetrical but with an absence of short ovals, its a niche feature at best. Air pressure on the other hand, along with a myriad of other tuning options for suspension, ECU etc. would be a welcome addition.

We. Need. This.

Yes, of course we need it! I run a lot of oval racing, and when we get the short track ovals... We need it now!

EDIT: Especially street cars at Indianapolis Super Speedway!

Last edited:
i voted yes but only if it makes a differance and it is properly done.
If it is just a salesploy then no.

simcade is alright right for me
"the real driving sim" bro, that slogan deserves it's strength back after PS3 era. And why do I have the feelings this thread happened due that my post on the trailer-screenshots thread?? :lol:. Still, good thread đź‘Ť

Asymmetrical setups aren't just for ovals, you can run an asymmetrical setup on a road course if it has a lot of corners going one way and not many going the other. Hell, I've heard of Formula One teams running asymmetrical setups at courses like Catalunya.

Asymmetrical setups aren't just for ovals, you can run an asymmetrical setup on a road course if it has a lot of corners going one way and not many going the other. Hell, I've heard of Formula One teams running asymmetrical setups at courses like Catalunya.
Not everyone has the brains of a Mario Andretti lying around to do racing set ups. That said, the game has to strike game balance somewhere down the line, and overcompensating matters for asymmetrical setups is just too hard of a swing in one direction for casual players to keep pace.

Not everyone has the brains of a Mario Andretti lying around to do racing set ups. That said, the game has to strike game balance somewhere down the line, and overcompensating matters for asymmetrical setups is just too hard of a swing in one direction for casual players to keep pace.

Yeah I get that not a lot of players know how to set up a race car, and I wasn't suggesting otherwise, but mostly those people either leave the setup alone, or come to places like this where they can find a library of tunes done by people who know their stuff.

The point of my post was to highlight that asymmetrical setups aren't exclusively for ovals, so it wouldn't hurt to have the options. Personally I reckon the more options the better. If people don't know how to set up a car, having more set up options doesn't make the game any harder for them, as they'd be staying away from that area anyway.

Another thing is that having the ability to do asymmetrical setups doesn't mean you have to use that ability. Pcars allows asymmetrical setups, and I reckon the vast majority would still be setting their car up symmetrically anyway, but it's nice to have the option.

Assetto Corsa physics with a simcade option for others to make GT accessible for everybody.

I thought I wanted unlimited options and endless tuning and then I played PCARS, never have I been so wrong :lol:
PCars went a little too far with the FFB, but other than that, that's the level of tuning common in the simulation category. It doesn't need to be that detailed in GT but they definitely need to move beyond the simplistic level of tuning and the simplistic tire model IMO.

Before they even think about 4 corner adjustments I just hope PD looks long and hard at the physics in PCars. Specficially the big things that need big change from GT6 are the tire model how the weight transfer affects the balance. PCars has these much more proper, and the cars drive very real (except for the FFB feel sadly!) PD has decent FFB, and PCars is more detailed, but just not correct.

Before they even think about 4 corner adjustments I just hope PD looks long and hard at the physics in PCars. Specficially the big things that need big change from GT6 are the tire model how the weight transfer affects the balance. PCars has these much more proper, and the cars drive very real (except for the FFB feel sadly!) PD has decent FFB, and PCars is more detailed, but just not correct.

I can't agree with this, the FFB in Pcars is so far beyond the FFB in GT6, and allows you to actually feel what the car is doing. The only problem with Pcars FFB system is they make it ridiculously complicated to set up, and then give you too many options for adjustment for each car. GT6 FFB is the opposite, in that it doesn't give you a realistic feel for the road, and PD provides little to no options to adjust it to make it any better.

I agree on the physics front, but considering Pcars camber still doesn't work (not bloody good enough SMS, it was bad enough that GT6 camber never worked), I'd prefer PD don't look at copying anything their competition does, except maybe Rfactor's pro model, because that's by far the most realistic simulator.

I just hope PD can get at least somewhat on Pcars' and AC's level of realism, that would make GTS a great game, as I don't doubt their ability in the graphical department at all, and I'm staying positive about the sound overhaul.

PCars went a little too far with the FFB, but other than that, that's the level of tuning common in the simulation category. It doesn't need to be that detailed in GT but they definitely need to move beyond the simplistic level of tuning and the simplistic tire model IMO.

The main thing is to have default setup and settings to be very good and competitive, go wild after that.

The main thing is to have default setup and settings to be very good and competitive, go wild after that.
In a simulation the default setup should reflect the default values of the real life car. If they want to add another setup tailored to the track that's fine, but the default setup should always simulate the real car setup.

In a simulation the default setup should reflect the default values of the real life car. If they want to add another setup tailored to the track that's fine, but the default setup should always simulate the real car setup.

Which PCARS simply doesn't.

Assymetrical setups are here and there, but tyre pressures are the one basic "tune" that absolutely everyone who takes their car on track will do. Take your daily to a track day, the instructors will ask you if you've pumped the tyres up.

It's so fundamental and so easy to do in real life that it's absolutely essential than any game that hopes to simulate motorsport from track days on up needs to have adjustable tyre pressures.

No, I have never done such a thing playing any sim and I don't think I will tinker with these settings anyways

Gear ratios, and suspension setting is what I do and for GT to get my car to meet PP limit by adjusting power. I guess most users are like me but they can have more advanced option for the users who are into these things. I am sure the physics, including tire modeling will get a upgrade so I voted for third option as that is the most important thing.

Latest Posts

Back