Gran Turismo Sport Version 1.46 Now Available: New Esports-Focused Intro Video

• Thread starter queleuleu
  • 296 comments
I like the intro once the ingame stuff kicks in. The GT World Tour footage, while atmospheric, outstays it's welcome before that.

There are some beautiful scenes with the cars though such as this great angle from the Toyota TS050 Hybrid.

PS_Messages_20191003_111203.jpg

One thing I took from the intro is the dirt on the cars. That is something GT could really do with as, while the game is beautiful, it can be quite sterile.

PS_Messages_20191003_111208.jpg

Last edited:
I like the intro once the ingame stuff kicks in. The GT World Tour footage, while atmospheric, outstays it's welcome before that.

There are some beautiful scenes with the cars though such as this great angle from the Toyota TS050 Hybrid.

View attachment 855093

One thing I took from the intro is the dirt on the cars. That is something GT could really do with as, while the game is beautiful, it can be quite sterile.

I hope the one they'll make for GT7 will be much more epic than this. :lol:

- The music is the same boring track we’ve had since day one.

- The one thing I hate from the intro more than the music they’ve had since launch is the classics and track day cars in Group X racing each other in their own little “classes”. You can’t do that in the game itself.

- There are a bunch of unobtainable liveries in the intro. Some really nice looking ones at that, especially the Canadian X2019 that I’ve never seen outside this intro and I’ll never be able to use. PD should add all the nations liveries to the X2019 in the dealership as colour options when you buy the car.

724CEFF1-B595-499B-86EA-D6213EA3725E.png

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.

Anyone else spottet the SLS Safety Car and the mud effects on the windshields/cars? :)
I dropped in to say this also. Dirty windscreens on the cars is noticeable. Someone else said cars get dirty in lobbies with damage 'on', but I haven't spotted dirty windscreen effects in game as of yet. Can anyone confirm we have this?

I dropped in to say this also. Dirty windscreens on the cars is noticeable. Someone else said cars get dirty in lobbies with damage 'on', but I haven't spotted dirty windscreen effects in game as of yet. Can anyone confirm we have this?
Not only in the lobbies but while also playing custom races (I havent tried single player, nor time trial) your car tends to get dirty with dirt spots on the car body mostly.

If you drive on willow springs after a couple of laps you will start to notice dust particles gets carried on the car even more so if you accidently drove offroad, and speaking of offroad yes also in rallying you can notice this.

My only semi complaint I wish it was more ala Dirt Rally style dust but oh well.

All of you talking about this next update being the end, I hope and feel you’re wrong. Between the Porsche announced for the end of 2020 and FIA running another season through the end of 2020, I’d be shocked if we still didn’t get a few more new tracks next year along with a number of wet tracks and cars. I think PD is enjoying using the FIA events to showcase new tracks and continuing to hype players with their updates. I also think if they stop with updates, there will be a drop off in interest in both playing the game and the events.

All of you talking about this next update being the end, I hope and feel you’re wrong. Between the Porsche announced for the end of 2020 and FIA running another season through the end of 2020, I’d be shocked if we still didn’t get a few more new tracks next year along with a number of wet tracks and cars. I think PD is enjoying using the FIA events to showcase new tracks and continuing to hype players with their updates. I also think if they stop with updates, there will be a drop off in interest in both playing the game and the events.
Feel the same way, the updates won't stop but I will surely expect less content carried over through the year and I am perfectly fine with that.

Spec 2.0 update coming at the 2nd anniversary of the game, after Tokyo, with a new tyre model, new classes, Spa, Taycan, etc.. You heard it here first. Or not, if it doesn't pan out like this...

The new intro is ehhhh. Couldn't care less about e-sports.

It works if you're a eSport player but the 99.99% of the players (me included ) simply don't care. And I miss the rock vibe from the first GTs... This is Gran Turismo, not Jurassic Park.
I, for one, am glad Gran Turismo went away from the "RADICAL, DUDE!" vibe other racing games went for this gen.

I love the new video, yess I am also a little disappointed that we didn’t get any more content updates but I have a feeling it will come on the anniversary later this month. On a sidenote I must say the cutting graphics are really impressive can it be we are getting a Firsthand look that what the next gen consoles and the next Gran Turismo May look like ???

Back