Gran Turismo Sport Version 1.46 Now Available: New Esports-Focused Intro Video

• Thread starter queleuleu
  • 296 comments
Wish the replay cameras were that dynamic. Anyone remember the "music video" mode from previous GTs? I would love if it made a comeback.

Kinda disappointed that they removed the first half, that Liszt - Liebestraum was glorified and they changed it to some random gamers with a ****ed up remix of Moon Over the Castle.

I didn't like the second half from Spec I, but this new one is amazing, way better than before.

Count me in as someone who isn’t interested in e-sport. I bet most GT Sport players aren’t, so the first part of the intro feels a bit too imposing in my opinion. The previous intro with historic moments in motorsport simply wins over a bunch of gamers playing GT.

And why did they stick with that Lewis Hamilton “maestro” honorable mention thing? I understand that he is somewhat associated with GT Sport, and admittedly a great driver. But seriously, it’s a rather awkward and random moment during these intro videos.

The second half of the new intro is better, but still pretty average and random. I honestly haven’t cared much for the GT intro videos since the old PS1 days. To this day I still get goosebumps as tension builds in the first part of the GT1 intro.

Meh until Spa arrives, as reassured by this update.

I get that Hamilton is the figurehead of GT sport much like Vettel and Jeff Gordon (LOL!) in the past but its a pretty slim effort on behalf of PD and Hamilton as far as involvement in content... I get that Hamilton is a busy guy (obviously) however PD couldnt get something between seasons? Hamilton hasnt been anything in GT Sport since the beginning.

I get that Hamilton is the figurehead of GT sport much like Vettel and Jeff Gordon (LOL!) in the past but its a pretty slim effort on behalf of PD and Hamilton as far as involvement in content... I get that Hamilton is a busy guy (obviously) however PD couldnt get something between seasons? Hamilton hasnt been anything in GT Sport since the beginning.
To be fair, they did get his W08 in.

Cant really complain about the intro.
It represents what the game was created for.

E-Sport competition.

I was captivated though. Very good.

I agree but we have to remember that these threads will always have some folks that only visit to nitpick and complain. I suppose some people just aren't happy unless they are complaining. Did I actually read someone in this thread complain that they "want GT to be about cars and not gamers!" :lol: But isn't every single person that plays the game a "gamer"? :boggled:

I don't know. To me, it's a FREE update. Whether the update is bug fixes or content or just a video, I just don't see a lot to complain about.

- First 2 minutes = what a waste of material, time and storage from my console
- After that 2 minutes, good trailer but sounds more epic with Moon Over the Castle
- The last part with the FIA Championship and the narrators part destroys the great feeling of the game trailer.

No GR.2, a lot of GR.X cars what will be never seeing together in a race, SPA, Taycan and nothing new

I also think this update is signaling the end of GT Sport. SPA should be the icing on the cake.

At some point PD has to stop the updates to focus all energies on GT7 or Sport 2 (PS5). After all, rumors point out that the new GT will be released along with the PS5. Makes sense! Kaz said GT Sport assets were produced to run at 8K. In fact, it is a little over a year before the launch of the PS5 - according to the industry's footsteps.

Therefore, I do not believe that the original classic circuits will be added, such as Deep Forest or Midfield Raceway. The original circuits will be the gimmick of the new GT (PS5), to propel users to buy the new GT and PS5 and forget about GTS. It will be the one of the reasons for buying the new GT.

GT Sport was a more sophisticated "Prologue" version, an experiment for the new GT moment online. It worked. Now Kaz will bring the new GT, mixing the classic elements of the franchise (classic original circuits and robust campaign mode) and the new online elements of GT Sport.

Last edited:
Original Planetary Go or Spec II 50UL 0N D!SPLAY? Don't even say the original...

The aspect I enjoy most about GT5's intro is the instrumental/car assembly montage portion during the first half. I couldn't care less about the My Chemical Romance or Daiki Kasho songs since they're both a little heavy on the butt rock.

The finalists featured in the video is a nice touch. A bit of Gran Turismo immortality for all of them.

I lost interest after that though.

I'd give up any hopes of any new real tracks. The greed monster has a grip on the track people and car manufacturers trying to cash in on the recent popularity of e-sports. The clips of Spa are just a tease. GT7 will be all fantasy tracks and fantasy cars to drive on them :P. GTS updates are just a dry run for that :rolleyes:.
I'll be sure to message you for any GT7 update information since you seem to know what it has in it and what it is about.

Last edited:
Guys, I might be seeing things, but this clip here looks like a new circuit. Or is that Tokyo?

Screen-Shot-2019-10-03-at-16-14-03.png

On the subject of DLC support possibly ending after October, I personally doubt it’s happening soon.

I think PD has more to gain by giving out a few cars each month than holding all content back for a future game that might not surface until 2021 or later. It keeps the community on its toes. Kaz basically said something similar himself in a recent interview, making a nod to DLC cars being available to buy with real money on the PS Store. He’s capitalizing on the download age, providing it as an option to players. Why suddenly stop? The PS4 and this game is still very relevant.

Going forward, more existing tracks will probably start receiving rain versions, much like existing fictional tracks used to get additional layouts. I wouldn’t even rule out more real world circuits next year. Silverstone and Motegi seem obvious.

I like the second part of it. It's nice to see a bunch of cars you'd think PD had forgotten about. And St. Croix too, for that matter. I'm sure @Jimmy B is also thrilled that he's part of a Gran Turismo intro movie.

First part is bad and doesn't make any sense.

If anyone wants to see it in HDR 1080p60 -

P.S. If you want to watch it in HDR, boot up the youtube app on your HDR TV, or watch on an HDR enabled phone like the Galaxy S8/9/10, or the Sony Xperia something or other.

Oh, it's only the second part of the movie. No offense to the FIA guys, I love you all, just wanted to focus on the HDR content (i don't think the FIA broadcasts are recorded in HDR).

First part is bad and doesn't make any sense.

That’s also a good point. For the majority who just plays GT casually ignorant of the e-sport movement, I wouldn’t fault them for wondering why their game suddenly got infested by a horde of pale guys in red shirts.

Latest Posts

Back