Gran Turismo Sport Version 1.46 Now Available: New Esports-Focused Intro Video

• Thread starter queleuleu
  • 296 comments
It's Disney Over The Castle?

I never got why PD does these intro remakes. They waste storage space on the console for something you'll watch once or twice and then skip past every time you play.

Guys, I might be seeing things, but this clip here looks like a new circuit. Or is that Tokyo?

Screen-Shot-2019-10-03-at-16-14-03.png
It's literally Tokyo Expressway East Loop.
What is up with that dumb music though, it feels like a bad Disney movie of some sort.

Did they forget about Moon over the castle?
You meant like the first half of the intro?

And I think it's hilarious to see people got upset about some 1.4GB for an intro in todays age where Gigabytes of updates is the norm with the supporting internet infrastructure, especially for a game that has already on its 103GB mark. It's just a nice complimentary thing, whatever you like it or not.

It's literally Tokyo Expressway East Loop.

And I think it's hilarious to see people got upset about some 1.4GB for an intro in todays age where Gigabytes of updates is the norm with the supporting internet infrastructure, especially for a game that has already on its 103GB mark. It's just a nice complimentary thing, whatever you like it or not.
Which with all the other stuff that is forced to be downloaded, it only makes sense that people would be annoyed over having to download even more stuff that they don't even really need.

Plus, much of the world still doesn't have broadband connections. Even a majority of developed nations such as the U.S. has many spots where people can't get broadband. And when you happen to live in these areas, the excessive amount of bandwidth data can, and most likely will, eat up peoples allotted bandwidth usage for the month and cause them to have overage fees.

Nope. Nope. That new intro is worse in every single way compared to the original. The faux-orchestral score of the first part sounds so, so bad, the editing is a lot sloppier, and the camera angles are nowhere near as ambitious. And look, the X2019 Competition is a fine car, but I don't need to see it every 10 seconds or so...

The thing is, it's not a bad idea. Using the commentary of the GT World Tours is not a bad idea, except that you can then barely hear the actual theme music. Putting the FIA championship drivers on center stage, not a bad idea, except that watching people sitting in gaming seats is not the most exciting thing. Having a rendition of Moon Over the Castle, not a bad idea, but not THAT rendition!

Let me put it this way; if the original Gran Turismo Sport intro was Jurassic Park, this new intro is Jurassic Park III.

(Speaking of the GT1 intro...)

I remember this so well,im now 52 and`back in the day`chopped and changed between GT1 and codemasters TOCA touring cars.In my opinion GT1 set the bar for almost every race game that was to follow,it was to me very special.

Aw man... I had GT1 on import and I LOVED the music on that one. It's UTTER FILTH!

While I understand the intro video being rather huge (Seriously, is there anyway we can have videos that aren't so damn big?), the complaining about this update having nothing susbstantial is baffling considering we literally got a content update last week. Did everyone forget that big updates Always happen at the end of the month, not at the beginning?

Also, I love how people wanted this intro to again be more like a numbered Gran Turismo Title when it isn't. First half of this new intro represents exactly what this game is from Day 1: An E-Sports Title.

And seriously, the "Its the end of GT Sport" comments again? Did you guys forget the Porsche 917 Legend and VGT coming in 2020? Jesus Christ, we are only coming up on 2 years since this game released, can we chill with the nonsensical Doom & Gloom circlejerk?

Now i've listened to it again, everything seems out of place! :lol:

The first halve reminds me of a JRPG, the middle of a generic Disney princess movie, and the later halve of Back to the Future or something.
Also getting allot of generic Christmas movie vibes all arround.

I've just watched the new trailer for the first time, kudos to Make-A-Wish Foundation they've really gone above and beyond this time 👍

The first part of the intro is really out of place if you compare it to the old one. Especially now that they removed the focus from the esport side and went more towards the classic gt mode and road cars with the monthly dlc. They had all that nice real world footage that showed the history of cars and motorsport. If they just kept the first part and replaced the second part with the footage of the added dlc. Then they could add the esport intro in the sport mode racing etiquette menu, or when selecting sport mode for the first time?

Remember in the first intro, when the camera SOARS over Dragon Trail as the new theme increases in intensity, and the words "Driving is for everyone" are displayed? When the planes fly over Blue Moon Bay? When the camera fly over two cars and UNDER the monorail in Tokyo!?

I also think this update is signaling the end of GT Sport. SPA should be the icing on the cake.

At some point PD has to stop the updates to focus all energies on GT7 or Sport 2 (PS5). After all, rumors point out that the new GT will be released along with the PS5. Makes sense! Kaz said GT Sport assets were produced to run at 8K. In fact, it is a little over a year before the launch of the PS5 - according to the industry's footsteps.

Therefore, I do not believe that the original classic circuits will be added, such as Deep Forest or Midfield Raceway. The original circuits will be the gimmick of the new GT (PS5), to propel users to buy the new GT and PS5 and forget about GTS. It will be the one of the reasons for buying the new GT.

GT Sport was a more sophisticated "Prologue" version, an experiment for the new GT moment online. It worked. Now Kaz will bring the new GT, mixing the classic elements of the franchise (classic original circuits and robust campaign mode) and the new online elements of GT Sport.

Nah, Kaz has stated holding back content for a new game is an outdated way of thinking. We will get new updates for a long time yet.

PD should give us the opportunity to select which Intro we want to see when we start the game. The new first part i don't like, it has no spirit at all. The old first part in combination with the new second part (without the comments) would be a nice choice for me though some camera flights (especially Dragon Trail Seaside) of the old second part i would miss.

I get strong Anchorman vibes from it.

But then I am kind of a big deal. People know me. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

You mean like a regular Anchorman right? Not the movie with Will Ferrel?
If so i can hear exactly what you mean, like someone is being introduced to make a anouncement or something.:lol:

Plus, much of the world still doesn't have broadband connections. Even a majority of developed nations such as the U.S. has many spots where people can't get broadband. And when you happen to live in these areas, the excessive amount of bandwidth data can, and most likely will, eat up peoples allotted bandwidth usage for the month and cause them to have overage fees.

The excuse probably works for mobile game but doesn't really work when you got a PS4 exclusive game that constantly needs online to even play and has a gigabytes worth of monthly updates, especially in this day and age of technology progress.

I never heard of come people with PS4 at hand that still doesnt have decent enough internet. Priority and common sense stated that people would have decent internet first before purchasing a full game console.

And it's doesnt even have to be a broadband. A 4/5G modem is quite enough and very doubt also that its really that expensive.

Nah, Kaz has stated holding back content for a new game is an outdated way of thinking. We will get new updates for a long time yet.
Which is why Kaz released Spa in this update instead of a pointless new video.

Back