Gran Turismo world Championship

• Thread starter El Gigante
  • 144 comments
I tried making it through the hong kong race without pitting. I was 35 seconds ahead with three laps to go....and came in 3rd. :(

GEMINEMESIS
You probably suck. Practice over and over. One day you'll get better...
one day.

Hey give the guy a damn break.

Anyways

I apologize for this jackass's rudeness,but my answer to your question pretty much is:

have you completed EVERY race?Supercar Festival,Compact Series,Classic Cup,and even the Pickup series?

think about tyre statergy do i need to run a hard compound for both stints or can i go softer? i won this narrowly using a mercedes clk-gtr race car, and i managed to beat of a minolta toyota ...just. Some might call this cheating but sometimes like when i wanted to race my pagani zonda lm race car in a tough feild , i enter the race multiple times until the cars im againist are ones similar to mine , maybe you can try this to eliminate any nissan r9 ers of minolta toyota's??????

El Gigante
I've got the Pescarolo Playstation C60. Is that fast enough to win? It seems pretty good.

it's true. mix and match your tire choices depending on your driving style. hard tires would last longer but have less traction. softies on the other hand have the traction but usually wears out a lot sooner.

suspension adjustments greatly improves your handling... again.. depends on your driving style. or perhaps your driving style needs to adapt to the settings you make.

unfortunately.. you usually have to sacrifice something to gain something else.

and as always.. practice makes perfect (unless you cheat)

Why is everyone whining about Hong Kong?
I found it very easy.

Hard on front, Super Hard on back, and kept ahead of 2nd by 32secs.
1 pit, and still ahead by 10secs.

Its not that hard.

Old Geezer
Good write-up.

I, of course, used the Minolta, but then went back and redid it with my black R92CP.

A tough championship racing against my own, but faster, car.

Finished 1st with 2 2nds, 7 1sts, and 1 3rd. 👍

McLaren F1GTR
Why is everyone whining about Hong Kong?
I found it very easy.

Hard on front, Super Hard on back, and kept ahead of 2nd by 32secs.
1 pit, and still ahead by 10secs.

Its not that hard.

For most people, this is the first time racing a very high-powered race car (Group C/LMP) in a tight city course. So it takes a lot of adjustment.

When I did it, using the black 787B on R1s, it was the second hardest course. Only Sarthe was more difficult... or should I say more frustrating, but for an entirely different reason (Evil AI :irked: ) But there was also a couple of other things that made it more difficult.

1) Using R1s (for the points)
2) No qualifying, so you have to overcome a rolling start and lack of room to pass (the narrowness is turned into an advantage if you qualify)
3) The Minolta held pole followed by the Sauber

Either way, relatively speaking this track seemed much more difficult than the others. I can see why other people are having trouble.

BTW: I loved the Motul writeup there O.G.! :cheers:

I'd been meaning to ask... the Motul holds a secret over the other race cars. The line between the high-end race cars and the next tier is clearly defined in the MAX downforce (63/88 vs. 38/53). But the Motul has a MAX of 50/70 even though the default setting is 25/45 (which brings it in line with some of the other JGTC cars).

I'm curious how easily the Motul could manage a 200p race if, instead of maxing the power out, max out the downforce and put on a lesser turbo. Is there a turbo that puts it in the 750-850 range?

Think it may be worth a try.

jdw
I'm curious how easily the Motul could manage a 200p race if, instead of maxing the power out, max out the downforce and put on a lesser turbo. Is there a turbo that puts it in the 750-850 range?

Think it may be worth a try.
Hiya jdw: Don't have my PS2 on ATM but if I remember correctly Turbo3 yields something in the 757 HP area. 👍 ...O.G. :D

i have the minolta but the tires keep being retarded and not working but i also have a chaparrel 2j, the corvette 1,000,000 race car, a jaguar xj220 lm race car, and i a have things like the zonda, slr and all that stuff but nothing seems to work should i try getting the bently race car in endurence or just yous the things i have or i could sell them all and buy something nice

To be honest, if you can't do it in the 88C-V the problem isn't in the car but in your driving. Sorry to be blunt but that's the truth, get down a good deal of practice with that car and eventually you'll walk the series. R2 tyres in the front, R1 in the rear, it's slippery to drive until they warm up but it can be done. Even I could do it so it can't be that hard. 👍

Oh, and please use capitals and full stops when you write. Makes reading the posts a lot more pleasing, not to mention easier for a foreigner.

- R -

This is how to win:

Use the Practice mode (Qualifying) to determine the maximum number of laps you can run without pitting. Pick tyres which will last you more than halfway through the race before they go off (R2 front, R1 rear should do it). PIT AT EXACTLY HALF RACE DISTANCE - this gives you the best out of both sets of tyres, with two wear-in periods and NO wear-out phases.

You'll win. Every race.

I've got the Pescarolo Playstation C60. Is that fast enough to win? It seems pretty good.
just to rehash an old thread...

I bspeced in this car with a single turbo upgrade. I didnt bother qualifying the first half of teh races and qualified teh rest. by the end of the pentultimate lap I was ahead by 2 points and then won teh last race... was pretty easy.

To be honest, if you can't do it in the 88C-V the problem isn't in the car but in your driving. Sorry to be blunt but that's the truth, get down a good deal of practice with that car and eventually you'll walk the series. R2 tyres in the front, R1 in the rear, it's slippery to drive until they warm up but it can be done. Even I could do it so it can't be that hard. 👍

Oh, and please use capitals and full stops when you write. Makes reading the posts a lot more pleasing, not to mention easier for a foreigner.

- R -

This is how to win:
Everything these gentlemen said is truth, including Greycap's editorial comment and Famine saying it twice.

The stock Minolta Toyota 88C-V is plenty of car, with staggered tires as suggested. I won from the back of the pack - easily in some cases, harder in others - at every track except Paris Opera, where I qualified in order to avoid wasting time passing back markers. I pitted at the halfway mark as suggested (except possibly one race - Hong Kong, maybe? - where I seem to recall not pitting at all).

I won most of these with B-spec (I forgot which one I had to win with A-Spec, but Autumn Ring was the one for sure)...

Use a Minolta Toyota with hard - front and super hard - rear tyres...

The tricky part was your car WILL ALWAYS trail by Sauber, Jaguar or AI's Minolta BEFORE they pit in (this is for my case)...So you have to be patient...Also, by using that tyres, you will mostly pit in one time less than others do (except for few cars like 787B or Playstation Pescarolo) so you will have a 20-30 seconds advantages from pit strategy..

Oh, make sure your B-Spec Skill is quite high...Mine was 5000+ when I did the GTWC :)

May this help

I just tried the New York Spot Race in this series with a Black Toyota GT-One, on R3 tyres- 15 laps- against a MINOLTA, R89C, R92CP notables. Won the race by huge margin, they pitted twice and I only had to pit once, my rear tyres were shot by the end of the first set, but I had a comfortable gap so I won got out of the pits before they caught up. I'm saying this because I'm going to redo this championship in A-spec with the GT-One, the first car I did it with. I'm thinking that R2s may be in order on the rear of the car though, the fronts barely wear at all, and a taller first and second gear to make wheelspin more controllable as well. I might report back with how I go. This is just a nostalgia event for me.

Had Bob complete the El Capitan 200 Miles, and now I have a shiny new MINOLTA Toyota in my garage.

I'm planning to throw on R1/R2 and retry the GTWC using this car.

Just redid the entire Gran Turismo World Championship with a Toyota GT-ONE Race Car with R2s front and rear, won each race, tyres lasted longer than theirs too.

FINALLY! YEAH DUDE YEAH!!!! I WON GRAN TURISMO WORLD CHAMPINSHIP! With the BLACK R92CP I bought. R4 Front (looks like I went crazy), R1 Rear. I didn't had to pit, and they pitted thrice.

I won. Every race.

Just FYI.

Nobody on this site believes anything you have to say. About anything. KTHNXBAI.

*bleep* you!

You make me cry:(

*bleep*ing edit: Welcome to my new edit! (Just for fun :lol:)

*bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppp* yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

*bleep* you!

You make me cry:(

And liars make baby Jesus cry.

Just for your further reference, your latest lie (about the cars you own) is being discussed in this thread in the Rumble Strip.

It also doesn't seem to have reached your attention that you are banned from the Weekly Race Series until you come up with some form of proof for your "time" in Week 143.

Back