Gran Turismo world Championship

• Thread starter El Gigante
  • 144 comments
Those who cant finish the GTWC, here is the tip:
1. just use normal tires for minolta race car ( as it is very hard to control with hard tires )

2. Win a FGT in Nurburgring 24 hours endurance race

3. 1 last tip for the first one ( first tip ) just race the track until the tire wear goes red, then that time you can go to the pits. ( dont worry. if u go pit very early, it will be better because the AI cars will pit later and u can catch up with them :)

That's a recipe for overkill and a boring race. You shouldn't race the F1 car against anything but F1 cars. Doing so means you needed to practice more, not just get a bigger hammer. The Toyota Minolta is very capable of winning the GTWC itself - absolutely no need to get the FGT car.

Also, if you are going to pit once during a race, your best strategy is to pit at the halfway point rather than when the tires get red. By pitting at the middle you maximize your time with good tires.

Common sense dictates as much.

Personally though, I love using the Peugeot 905 because there's enough time to cook a roast between gear changes ... or I'll drive any other underpowered car, for that matter. Call me crazy, but I like a challenging race.

Last edited:
ive been trying to beat gtwc with the toyota gt-one. with medium racing tires, full tune etc. stock suspension on b-spec. It will have dead tires at lap 12 so i pit at 11. b4 then im in 2nd but finished in 4th usually. should i just do all the races in aspec, im a good driver just dont have the time. Any suggestions? Cuz i wanna do it in bspec to focus on extreme, which car do u suggest, i have not done any endurance races either.

well, unless you care about A-Spec points (and obviously you don't), I suggest taking your GT-One over to the Nurburgring 24 Hour race with b-spec, winning the Formula GT, and using it to beat the GTWC. Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you other than try to A-spec it.

From earlier on in the thread:

Use the Practice mode (Qualifying) to determine the maximum number of laps you can run without pitting. Pick tyres which will last you more than halfway through the race before they go off (R2 front, R1 rear should do it). PIT AT EXACTLY HALF RACE DISTANCE - this gives you the best out of both sets of tyres, with two wear-in periods and NO wear-out phases.

You'll win. Every race.

Though I have to say you'd be far better off not letting B-Spec do the event for you.

Isn't it good to have to repeat yourself Famine?? :P

Seriously guys, Famine is spot on. Either the Minolta, R89C or Jaguar XJR-9 will absolutely smash the competition using his method. I'm slightly different to him. I change rears to R2's (leave R3's on front) and can go the whole race without pitting if needed. Mind you, sometimes I was praying for that finish line to come around on the last lap!! :lol:

Getting the FGT is overkill and thus, you need to sharpen your skills with some more Mission races. I suggest Mission 34. :mischievous::lol:

No, it comes only during one WEEK, not one day sillybanshee.

Days 694-700 (1394-1400, 2094-2100, 2794-2800, etc.) is the time you can buy it.

hey guys...so earlier i was playing gt4 and was racing the formula gran turismo at hong kong (7 laps) in the dream car championship (which I have already won but it was just for fun) and on the 7th lap my back tires were completely red and i dont remember the front...anyways...coming off that long straight into the hairpin turn at the top of the track, I brake a little too late, go airborne off of the rumble strip, and slam into the wall while airborne, (i was in 1st place) and it said finish and the finish music started playing, and i was still in the middle of my 7th lap...i dont know if it always works but, if it does, then maybe it would be helpful on the last lap of hong kong in the gran turismo world championship...just make sure you are in 1st place

i used the oldskool merc that you win in the swarchwald liga A. But if you cant win, put the AIDS back on a strap on a turbo.

Whats he talking about ^^^^^???

lol...im saying that on the last lap of a race at hong kong i accidentally slammed into the wall in that hairpin turn and it said FINISH accross the screen as if i passed the finish line...like a glitch or something
sorry for the weirdness

and i just re-read my earlier comment and it didnt make any sense to me haha sorry

lol...im saying that on the last lap of a race at hong kong i accidentally slammed into the wall in that hairpin turn and it said FINISH accross the screen as if i passed the finish line...like a glitch or something
sorry for the weirdness

and i just re-read my earlier comment and it didnt make any sense to me haha sorry

Are you sure you were in first place? There wasn't an Ai car that crossed the finish line first? :confused:

If the answers are "yes" and "no", you've got a genuine glitch i've certainly nver heard of before.

its not a great glitch, its only half a lap, and i always love crossing the line, arm raised in the air shouting triumphantly.

...even when i dont win...

Are you sure you were in first place? There wasn't an Ai car that crossed the finish line first? :confused:

If the answers are "yes" and "no", you've got a genuine glitch i've certainly nver heard of before.

Apologies for the off-topic digression, but...

I've had something similar happen, but in a bad way :irked:, at the Opera Paris race in the Dream Car Championship.
I can't remember what car I was racing, but it was a 200 A-spec point race, and very close for 1st/2nd.
I'd qualified first, and the favourite for the race, this Nissan GT-R LM Race Car was starting 5th.
Managed to run 7 beautiful clean laps, and despite being harried by a Ford GT LM race car in the last lap, I crossed the line first, at which point the split time comes up with +26s to the Nissan!!! :confused:
The Nissan apparently finished first, and me 2nd?
I watched the replay from the Nissan's perspective, and sure enough, even though he was actually running in 4th place during the last lap, when the dot representing my car goes into the last bend, for some reason the Nissan's place marker switches from 4th to 1st without him passing anyone. :boggled:
Although I finished the race (and so did 2 other AI cars) by about 15s ahead of the Nissan, we all got relegated a place. :grumpy:
I should've saved the replay as I've never seen anything like it before or since, but I did try racing the same car and lineup again just to see if it was repeatable, but alas not. Second time through, the Nissan rightly finished 4th and was credited with 4th place.
A bizarre and unexplained glitch. :crazy:

Apologies for the off-topic digression, but...

I've had something similar happen, but in a bad way :irked:, at the Opera Paris race in the Dream Car Championship.
I can't remember what car I was racing, but it was a 200 A-spec point race, and very close for 1st/2nd.
I'd qualified first, and the favourite for the race, this Nissan GT-R LM Race Car was starting 5th.
Managed to run 7 beautiful clean laps, and despite being harried by a Ford GT LM race car in the last lap, I crossed the line first, at which point the split time comes up with +26s to the Nissan!!! :confused:
The Nissan apparently finished first, and me 2nd?
I watched the replay from the Nissan's perspective, and sure enough, even though he was actually running in 4th place during the last lap, when the dot representing my car goes into the last bend, for some reason the Nissan's place marker switches from 4th to 1st without him passing anyone. :boggled:
Although I finished the race (and so did 2 other AI cars) by about 15s ahead of the Nissan, we all got relegated a place. :grumpy:
I should've saved the replay as I've never seen anything like it before or since, but I did try racing the same car and lineup again just to see if it was repeatable, but alas not. Second time through, the Nissan rightly finished 4th and was credited with 4th place.
A bizarre and unexplained glitch. :crazy:

Wow, that sucks. That would make me mad! :mad:

(glitch-related)
I've experienced a similar glitch when running the CdlS 24hr I, AND Mission 10, although it didn't "finish" the race...

Coming down the straight out of Tetre Rouge, sometimes the position indicator would flip between whatever position I was in and something else. It would also flash the "Wrong Way" indicator when doing so...

If I ever figure this one out, I'll give a heads up...

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazzard

(glitch-related)
I've experienced a similar glitch when running the CdlS 24hr I, AND Mission 10, although it didn't "finish" the race...

Coming down the straight out of Tetre Rouge, sometimes the position indicator would flip between whatever position I was in and something else. It would also flash the "Wrong Way" indicator when doing so...

If I ever figure this one out, I'll give a heads up...

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazzard

Yeah, I've reported that in a couple of my Sarthe 24hr race reports too, so now I know it's not unique to just my game! Both times it happens right around the 10th hour, if I remember rightly!
weird.gif

yes i was in first place and im positive...i was using the formula gran turismo against, like, subaru race cars and cars like that...and, when the standings screen came up, and also when the trophy thing came up, they both said 1st place and i was awarded 1st place credits...actually i do remember that i was in the middle of the field due to overlapping the AI so maybe that was it cause it was the last lap...also, there was a gold trophy in that little circle under the track name in the menu

yes i was in first place and im positive...i was using the formula gran turismo against, like, subaru race cars and cars like that...and, when the standings screen came up, and also when the trophy thing came up, they both said 1st place and i was awarded 1st place credits...actually i do remember that i was in the middle of the field due to overlapping the AI so maybe that was it cause it was the last lap...also, there was a gold trophy in that little circle under the track name in the menu

Wow. That's like working 4 days a week instead of 5, but still getting all the paycheck! :lol:

There is a good way to avoid racing against prototypes and Group C beasts, I discovered this few years ago, so I'm adding a little summary here:

1.) Turn the game on
2,) Visit your garage
3.) Select Pontiac Sunfire GXP Concept '02 as your drivable car and make sure it is completely stock
4.) Select World Circuits -> Infineon Stock Car Course (short version) -> Race Meeting/Track Day mode
5.) Initiate the race and exit it as soon as your car emerges from the pit
6.) Pick whatever car you want and enter GTWC

This is the grid you're gonna get:

Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04
Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '98
Toyota 7 Race Car '70
Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01
AMG Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car '98

I won against this grid in a stock BMW Mclaren F1, and had a comfortable number of points ahead at the end of the series.

There is a good way to avoid racing against prototypes and Group C beasts, I discovered this few years ago, so I'm adding a little summary here:

1.) Turn the game on
2,) Visit your garage
3.) Select Pontiac Sunfire GXP Concept '02 as your drivable car and make sure it is completely stock
4.) Select World Circuits -> Infineon Stock Car Course (short version) -> Race Meeting/Track Day mode
5.) Initiate the race and exit it as soon as your car emerges from the pit
6.) Pick whatever car you want and enter GTWC

This is the grid you're gonna get:

Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04
Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '98
Toyota 7 Race Car '70
Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01
AMG Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car '98

I won against this grid in a stock BMW Mclaren F1, and had a comfortable number of points ahead at the end of the series.

The Mclaren GT-R Can be unlocked by completing the GT allstars on extreme mode? IIRC :)

Back