Gran Turismo World Series Exhibition Seasons Return, Beginning February 28

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 9,502 comments
Despite my regular misgivings about this race I ran it anyway in my Hyundai. Should have quit out when someone waited to block and race during qualifying. I wasn't dealing with it well and annoyance reared it's head as I crashed on my second flying lap while grumbling to start p10 of 15. Decided 1H and 11S as I had nothing better.

Jumped to p9 on the start and built a gap Then pitted. Heading into the Larini Hairpin/ turn 5 on lap 2 I get dived by a Supra from over 0.5 back and used as an additional brake to make the turn. Not pushed off, but still bounced to the curb width for it. I was really annoyed and steaming and stupidly forgot my marks for the chicane. And death ensued. Had to use reverse to get clear and start driving again. Dead last by a long gap. Closed it a bit and passed 1 car who promptly quit. Ended up right behind the car that barged me at the end, but not in the spot to return the favor.

Yeah, my wreck on my own actions is what killed my race, but just sick of the pathetic driving standards and lack of punishment. Bumped, blocked and brake checked in qualifying. Barged out of the way in the race and saw 2 others shoved out of the way as well. PD needs to fix this garbage or it's about to crash and burn. They won't even deal to a serial troll down here who targets and headhunts certain streamers to ruin their GTWS races. Might be done except for random appearances if they can't clean any of this up.

Rant over, good luck to anyone still runing and hope you clear the chicane, that killed me more than anything else.

Last edited:
I’m going to be in a low A lobby and I have no faith in the drivers around me being clean or patient. So is the winning strategy definitely no-stop on hards at this point? I won’t be starting in front, so I won’t get to pull away in softs, but now I’m afraid to start on hards and get murdered by the faster cars on softs! Is it better to start in softs as a defensive move, or just let everyone by and trundle along from the back on hards?

I’m going to be in a low A lobby and I have no faith in the drivers around me being clean or patient. So is the winning strategy definitely no-stop on hards at this point? I won’t be starting in front, so I won’t get to pull away in softs, but now I’m afraid to start on hards and get murdered by the faster cars on softs! Is it better to start in softs as a defensive move, or just let everyone by and trundle along from the back on hards?
I think the best strategy is starting on hards. That will allow you to go for the no-stop but also allow you to pit for softs if you fall behind

Anyone done one of these yet to see which is the faster (other drivers not withstanding) tire strat? I really hope the RSs are involved to make it more interesting... besides, if not all my practice laps just went out the window. :lol:

Anyone done one of these yet to see which is the faster (other drivers not withstanding) tire strat? I really hope the RSs are involved to make it more interesting... besides, if not all my practice laps just went out the window. :lol:
I think the fastest, in clean air is a non-stop. But, a clean race is very difficult. I've done three, starting on hards, losing time and pitting on lap 1 - then the race is quite fun trying to charge through the field, and trying to work out if the leader is on Rhs or RS! But don't tell anyone, cause it is more fun to do a counter-strategy!!

Just watched the reply for one, I won, but the guy who came second (started on RS) lost 6-7 seconds on the 2nd lap. I won by this, so it could have been a very close finish. I think they may have been cruising thinking that they were going to get a comfortable win. So, in other words. by win was very very lucky.

Last edited:
Its was like playing a game of chicken with that COD!

Jumped on the 10am EMEA slot.

Quali - ok quali from me. Did a 1.46.7 but I have been doing low 1.46 and the odd 1.45. Think the problem I had was I was too cautious in to some corners. Started P5

Race - So I went for the no stop on hard. Managed to get the jump the on P4, but a slow P3 in one of the corners meant I lost momentum and ended up in P6. L2 I fell to P7 as I think the car behind was on softs so didn’t really fight it, the L3 I moved up to P5. Car ahead boxed for softs and also a car died in the COD. Next 2 laps I had a bad run. 2 laps in a row I had a small encounter with the COD. 1 Lap I just lost time to the car behind, but the next lap the car behind saved me. I didn’t ghost and they bump drafted me back upto speed. After that I just had a bit of a sloppy race. Didn’t really make any mistakes but I wasn’t driving to my potential. One of the cars who didn’t set a lap time came flying up from the back of the grid, I assumed they were on softs so again didn’t really fight it (turns out they were just super quick on the hard), so down to P6. Lap 10 I lost P6 to the 1 stopper who pitted ahead of me earlier. Last lap the top 4 all pitted from softs, but I only managed to jump 1 car. Finished the race in P6 and for 98 points. Pretty straight forward race really. 1 stop viable in lower lobbies, but the staying out the barriers is the key thing. Those few mistakes maybe cost me 2 positions in the end.

So my season finishes there on that race. Thought about going again but the COD risk out weighed the possible extra points.
Time to retire my Hyundais from GTWS. Been pretty decent Manufacture for me. 1st race at Grand Valley I think I was in for good points until it switched to Nurbs GP. As for Nurbs GP I wasn’t expecting much from my car but managed to get a decent result from that race and a 105 points (highest of all 4 rounds, shame it didn’t count). Race 2 a fairly decent result at Lago for 97 points. Race 3 at Spa took home a P2 for 91 points (was only able to do one race that day). And then todays final race at Sardegna I took home a 98 points finish. Total of 195 points. Hopefully that keeps me P2 in my manufactures table.

9D75E901-C486-46FF-B0A0-A3F088F075FA.jpeg

Race Replay

I watched a stream from the Asiatic lobbies and it looked like the quick folks were starting in the soft tires. I Don’t know if anyone has figured anything else out in the last several hours, but I think I may go for that strat unless I’m way back in the field, in which case I’ll no-stop it.

WRX seems to limp around here and it's not needing to learn it as we just had this in a daily recently

Will see how it gets on but not expecting much.

Couldn't really have asked for a more straightforward race in GT1 slot 1 just now.

Laid down an average Q6 effort and set off on the no-stop strategy. Couple guys pit ahead after 1 lap and another crashed heading up the esses, gifting me 3rd place where I ran by myself for the whole race.

Last lap P1 and P2 pit from softs and I was close enough to get by P2 rather handily and bring it safely home for a nice P2 and 165 points.

Will call this one one and done, but might run some more on my alts.

186f5617b6f70-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
12H is a few seconds faster than 11/1 however that does not take in to account racing situations. If starting near the front you can lose time battling with soft runners or, worse, get punted by impatient soft runners.
This. I started midfield and could have run faster laps but I was stuck in stupid battles between drivers of the two tire compounds, and then stuck behind the slower guys on hards because I lost a couple positions at the start from all the shoving. I started P9 and finished P8. I think I’ll try one more and do 1/11 to see what happens. Or maybe 11/1 so I don’t lose all those positions at the start. . .

well, I had a good race but was in a weaker lobby; a win was worth a whopping 73 points. (I was really closing in on A rank, but friday night lobbies did me bad and I lost 10-20 percent off my B rank!)

I misjudged the gap I made in the qualy outlap and quickly caught up, so backed off and set up for another flying lap. Second one was okay, thanks to the driver who pulled off the line to let me keep my pace! Really, thank you!

Started P5 on hards to give me options. Made P3 by the end of lap one but lost time to P1,2 while battling, then pretty much ran 11 laps by myself staying on hards. It was clear P1,2 were on softs, they were gaining about a second per lap. I wasn't able to close the gap, unfortunately, and they were able to pit and get out before me. Except P1 realized too late (or forgot) and tried to pit at the end of lap 12 but the game wasn't having it and docked him 1 minute!

So P2 finish and a CRB! Probably won't try again.

One thing I learned doing my go on Manufacturers earlier; if you intend to use the Softs, it's probably better to start on them. Starting P10 in my Jaguar and really not liking how the Hards felt during practice, I thought I'd just get them out of the way and then go zooming for the rest of the race on the more comfortable Softs, but it didn't really work out as hoped.

Lap 1 was intense, especially in VR. I moved up to P9 by turn 1 after outrunning a GT-R down the straight (which kind of caught me off guard!) but was then thrust into madness through the first hairpin, all of sector 2 and the start of the CoD. One Porsche rear-ended another at the hairpin and avoiding the aftermath meant staying away from the apex. The very wide line compromised me allowing the Nissan and a couple others through, and we all ended up going 2 to 3-wide through the S-bends. A few people ran a bit wide on the exit approaching the Michelin gantry, with the Nissan going far enough to touch gravel and then exit stage left by swerving all the way across the track in front of me.

Still 3-wide on the way down to the seafront hairpin, the pack started having to frantically figure out single file for the chicane. I'm genuinely impressed by how clean all of this was to be honest, although I did have some minor grumbles about the Subaru behind me for bumping me whilst I'm trying to back out of being 2-wide on the chicane entrance. Someone just kept their foot in even though it was clear that would never work.

I dart into the pits, throw on some Softs and then get going. The Subaru followed me in. I get the death chicane a little wrong and bash against the outer barrier on exit, giving him enough overspeed to go past through the tunnel. Not done yet though, because he then gets the last hairpin wrong by putting his foot down too soon and going well past the kerb. After trying to wrestle the car and failing to catch it, he then swerves right hard and bashes into me. I got my position back, but I was definitely a bit concerned I'd be paying the pits an unplanned trip... :scared:

The Subaru binned it through the death chicane on lap 3 so I could breathe a bit easier. There's definitely something satisfying about watching someone do that on the rear view mirror... :lol::mischievous:

I caught the Porsche that had been bumped on lap 5 and dove down the inside into the S-bends. The Porsche then proceeded to bin itself even with a few car widths of space given. :boggled:

I was making reasonable headway back through the group until I caught up with the other Porsche, where I just kind of crumbled. I made an attempt to pass at the seafront hairpin but broke a little too late and went deep, so he got the switchback. Realising the Porsche was on Hards, the desire to get past ASAP overcame me a little and I almost took myself out at turn 2 after putting my foot down too soon, but managed to hold it and recover. My consistency was awful for a bit though.

Botching the attempt to pass at the seafront really hurt, since the Porsche then caught a Honda and trying to get past both of them at once was going to be a nightmare. I lost a lot of time as they fought over the course of several laps since I couldn't see any good opportunities. The Porsche eventually cleared the Honda at the start of lap 11 and I got through at the seafront hairpin, managing to get it stopped on the apex this time. I then quickly got the other position when the Porsche had a bit of a laggy death through the CoD.

I then had another complete surprise position handed to me when a Nissan dropped it through the CoD on the final lap. Ended up P8, 189 points. Exact same result as Spa. :lol: I did get a clean race bonus though. Definitely pleased with that one after the lap 1 brawl!

Last edited:
Well I take back my comments on the WRX. It must have been the feeling of jumping in after a couple of Race C's in the SF19's that made it seem very slow. In this class it's still a leader.

Slot 1 was disappointing. Started 7th but knowing the mistakes I made in the qualy lap I knew there was plenty of time out on the track. Put on softs with the aim of pushing up to the front and going from there. Started well and was up to 4th before clipping the CoD on the very first lap. Thankfully no more penalites but punishing enough to watch the whole field go past. You can really get stuck behind slower cars here if you're aiming to be clean and I had that twice as well. Did manage to get back up to 8th before the pit stop but given that was already behind my qualy, I knew I'd be dropping back and so it was, finishing 14th overall.

Slot 2 was much better. Picked up 3rd in qualy, put on the softs and ready to roll again. This time ran away with the front 4 and handled the CoD. Took 2nd and created some space before inevitably it did bite, putting the leader 7 plus seconds up ahead of me and he was faster overall, adding 2-5 tenths a lap. But as it can bite me, it sure must have bit him as I came upon him sideways on the exit, took the lead and off I went.

Not knowing what was going to happen on the lap 11 pit to be honest, I'd built a healthy 10 seond lead by that point but no idea who was on hards coming through, or who had already pitted lurking within range. The answer: No one! All 3 behind me pitted and I exited with a 5 second gap on the new chaser, but he wasn't gaining. Brought it home for the win and I'm 3 away from 50 in total now!

FrhCL1OWYAEUhbt.jpg

This is a fun combo, livening up by the lack of contact penalties at the CoD. Those with slots left, good luck and enjoy! :cheers:

GT1 Americas - A/S Lobby - WRX Gr.4

Qualy was clean and I logged a 1:46.1, one of my best laps this week. It was only good for 9th, showing how uncompetitive the WRX is.

Given my position I decided to do a no-stopper on hards. The start was terrible. My car was lurching in 1st gear during the countdown and when the race started, my RPMs were minimum and the car practically at a stop so three cars blew past me before the first turn.

Everyone survived the CoD except the guy in front of me got the entry all wrong, braked hard and swerved in to me, knocking me into the left exit wall, giving me front and front left damage and dropping me to last.

A few pit after lap 1 and @bloodyboyblue let me through. The race was extremely boring from there on and I managed to finish 7th, only 15s off the lead. Without the ridiculous start I think a podium was on the cards.

Although this was less than my target of top 5 l, I am not going to try this one again. The car sucks, the race is too unpredictable, and my 162 points are better than the last Gr.4 round.

I'm disappointed but it could have been worse.

Qualy:
DSC_3966.JPG

Race result:
DSC_3967.JPG

I tried a second race and it was all A/S this time. I didn’t qualify well, so started P7 on hards. My plan was to go one lap and switch to softs. At the end of lap 1, however, several cars binned the CoD and I found myself P4. I was tempted for a long second to continue on a no-stopper but snapped out of it and pitted. I decided that staying on hards was only going to increase the likelihood of getting into some stupid incident over the next 11 laps.

By switching to softs I was able to run in clean air for a while. My plan was to be all alone, but someone was fresh out of the pits in softs right behind me. We had a few really good laps until his Mustang was able to get around my McLaren at the hairpin before the CoD. But he got bottled up behind another car on hards (see my point on this above) and I was able to make a crazy inside pass on the last hairpin before the start line, getting past both of them and leaving the Mustang stuck behind the slower car for a while. It was clean sailing for me the rest of the race and I amazingly finished P3!!! I forgot to get a picture of the podium because I was so excited. Ah well.

But I did get some other photos. I swear that helicopter is paid per crash photo because it seems to be aggressively trying to cause accidents! At three points I swear it was going to land on the track in front of me!
7ADE0E04-F892-4680-8862-DF59373E5565.jpeg
E27D6792-2273-4D72-80FD-D35C7F3D4D85.jpeg
EA1134DA-DBF6-49C5-9562-EA48A50E499F.jpeg

Raced the GT3 11am slot in NA with the Mustang and managed to start P3. Went with the RH to try to keep things steady and not fight too much. Dropped to P5 during the race, and it turns out everyone was on RS. 3 pitted for RH at the end and 1st on track never pitted. Ended up with the win since 1st no-stopped on RS! Got my 1st GT7 win and Manufacturer’s win ever! Both classes of Mustang have been good throughout this entire season.

That was a nice Event today, without the ridiculous wall penalties.
Could only do one race each on my two accounts. both C/S on the border to B in Europe.
Did No-stop for both.

BMW M4 was slow and unstable in COD but I did not crash once in the COD had a spin on the back straight when I didn‘t realize we were three wide in the small left kink before the hairpin an did not leave enough room. Started P5 fell to 12th and finished 5th.
Generally many people that didn‘t know how to overtake. Got pushed and punted plenty.

Mclaren on the second acccount was more fun. Started P4, lost some positions to people on Softs but generally clean maneuvers.
All no stoppers binned it at some point and did win a bit surprisingly.
Even got a clean race bonus.

That was a nice Event today, without the ridiculous wall penalties.
Could only do one race each on my two accounts. both C/S on the border to B in Europe.
Did No-stop for both.

BMW M4 was slow and unstable in COD but I did not crash once in the COD had a spin on the back straight when I didn‘t realize we were three wide in the small left kink before the hairpin an did not leave enough room. Started P5 fell to 12th and finished 5th.
Generally many people that didn‘t know how to overtake. Got pushed and punted plenty.

Mclaren on the second acccount was more fun. Started P4, lost some positions to people on Softs but generally clean maneuvers.
All no stoppers binned it at some point and did win a bit surprisingly.
Even got a clean race bonus.

How’s the M4 in general? I know it can be a bit slow in auto but better using MT. BMW are on my longlist as I love my little Z4.

Joined Manu as a late entry just to see how Honda faired.

Massive surprise as the NSX grp.4 was both sure-footed and had pace. Ran 3 slots finishing top 5 in all 3. :)

Used the 1H/11S option in all 3. Once the mayhem of the first lap was done, the runs on softs on relatively clear tracks took me out of the various shenanigans and gave me the results I was looking for.

As I say, the NSX was a pleasure to drive and felt competitive time-wise with the leaders. In more competent hands it may even have given some wins, but I’ll take the results it gave me.

Going to test the Gr3 in some lobbys to see if its worth a full season.

Joined Manu as a late entry just to see how Honda faired.

Massive surprise as the NSX grp.4 was both sure-footed and had pace. Ran 3 slots finishing top 5 in all 3. :)

Used the 1H/11S option in all 3. Once the mayhem of the first lap was done, the runs on softs on relatively clear tracks took me out of the various shenanigans and gave me the results I was looking for.

As I say, the NSX was a pleasure to drive and felt competitive time-wise with the leaders. In more competent hands it may even have given some wins, but I’ll take the results it gave me.

Going to test the Gr3 in some lobbys to see if its worth a full season.
Gr4 NSX got a huge buff at the last update. It was the only of the Gr4 cars to get buffed; most (basically the AWDs) all got Nerf'd.

Did one today on the 2 account as I hadn't touched the combo in many many days. Running Lexus, qualified P2. Took over P1, then lost P1. Messed up the CoD (not bad, just smashed the wall) and down to P3. Then took P2 back and that's all she wrote. Did the 11S and 1H just to give some sort of strat.

Did have some fun and clean battles with the players who eventually finished P1 & P3, so that was cool. Kinda wish I had the Ford (#1 account choice) as my time in that car was ~.700" better than I could muster in the Lexus. Ah well, that's what 2 accounts are for!

I forgot to add that lap 1 on the hards isn’t as bad as I thought it would be against the softs because all the tires are cold anyway. By the time the tires warm up and gain advantage, it’s time to pit for my own softs and then trundle along with my own cold tires for a lap by myself where it doesn’t matter.

Gr4 NSX got a huge buff at the last update. It was the only of the Gr4 cars to get buffed; most (basically the AWDs) all got Nerf'd.

Did one today on the 2 account as I hadn't touched the combo in many many days. Running Lexus, qualified P2. Took over P1, then lost P1. Messed up the CoD (not bad, just smashed the wall) and down to P3. Then took P2 back and that's all she wrote. Did the 11S and 1H just to give some sort of strat.

Did have some fun and clean battles with the players who eventually finished P1 & P3, so that was cool. Kinda wish I had the Ford (#1 account choice) as my time in that car was ~.700" better than I could muster in the Lexus. Ah well, that's what 2 accounts are for!
I wish I had a second account today because I actually love this combo. It really agrees with me and I’d like to try out a couple more strategies.

Last edited:
Hopped into today's race after a 15 minute warm-up. I was pleasantly surprised that I qualified 4th. But I decided to get the Hard tires out of the way as soon as possible, so I started on those.

I made it through lap 1 without any issues and pitted. Came out in 11th place. I then began to gradually make my way through the field, passing a few drivers who for some reason did 2-3 laps on Hards before pitting. From there, I caught up and passed some drivers who were doing a no stop without any trouble.

I'm now up to 6th by the penultimate lap and the top 5 who started on Softs begin to pit. At the start of the final lap, I fly past the pits and gain 4th where I originally started. Steadily, I gain on the top 3 thanks to the superior grip of my Soft tires. But as we go through the death chicane, a Ferrari driver up ahead crashes, handing me 3rd place for 178 points and netting me my best result in GTWS so far.

79B0AC14-5FD6-445F-A3EB-208FB48EBA69.png

Last edited:
Back