Gran Turismo World Series Exhibition Seasons Return, Beginning February 28

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 9,503 comments
Slot 1: Once again matched with @Geauxgreddy and @F1Bernardo and once again couldn't finish the race where I wanted (not my fault for once!) I qualified P9 and checked the points before the race started and saw that P9 was worth 234 points - a decent result if I could manage it in this turd of a car. I elected to do a 1H/11S strategy because the only way I was going to pass anyone in the Corvette truck was to have a tire advantage. Sure enough, when the people who started on Softs pitted, I was up to P8 head to Turn 1, looking to grab P7 when the jackass tried to block me in the braking zone with predictable results. I punted him off track and got a 2s penalty as a result, dropping me back to P9 for the finish. I had been looking at over 260 points in a race I absolutely didn't have pace in, and instead had to settle for 234. As I said, I would've been content with it if that was where I'd ended up without any incidents, but now I wanted more.

Slot 2: Finished P13 of 14 because I spun myself at CoD. Nothing really happened besides that

Slot 3: Qualified 15th but finished 10th due to literally the entire midfield dying at the CoD on Lap 1. Might've been able to get more, but I spent half the race sideways at the exit of the CoD...

Slot 4: Qualified P12 and finished P13 yet again because I was somehow the only one who died at the CoD.

Slot 5: I'd already resigned myself to being stuck doing this all day, and was expecting yet another frustrating round, made even worse by the 3-hr break afterwards. It started as expected with a P13 qualifying effort. It was made even worse because for the first time all day, I wasn't in Top Split, so I'd need a Top 5 at minimum to get similar points to what I got in the first slot (at least it would be easier to get though). Like all the other races, I decided on a 1H/11S strat. I jumped a BMW at the start (the only advantage of being in the Corvette), then picked up 2 more spots due to people outbraking themselves at the 2nd hairpin to move up to P10 before pitting. I came out of the pits in P12, so even after pitting I was already ahead of where I started. A few laps later I passed the same BMW I passed at the start after they spun at the exit of the final corner while doing a no-stop, then on Lap 8 I caught another no-stopper in a Cayman, and passed him at the 2nd hairpin, only to once again lose the back end of the car at the CoD and hand the spot back when I body-slammed the inside wall at the exit. I re-passed at the esses the next lap, and moved up to P10, where I stayed until Lap 12.

I'd been keeping an eye on the gap to the leader and saw that while the leader was out of reach, I could pick up a lot of spots when everyone else pitted as long as I could avoid making my own mistakes. For some reason, one of the front-runners pitted at the end of Lap 10 to run 2 laps on the Hards. He still came out way in front of me, but nearly spun it at the exit of first chicane. For the rest of the lap he kept it together, although obviously I continued to close in on my Soft tires. When everyone else pitted at the end of Lap 11, I found myself in P6, with both the Mustang running 2 laps on Hards in P5, and a GT-R that just came out of the pits in P4 directly in front of me. They tried to go side-by-side through the esses and had some netcode contact, which put the Mustang out wide and allowed me to squeeze through into P5. The Mustang then flashed his lights, and up next was the hairpin before the CoD, so I knew what was coming... Sure enough, just as I was about to turn in for the hairpin, I saw the Mustang dart up the inside, so I straightened my wheel a bit and watched him torpedo the GT-R, giving me P4. Then between the CoD and final corner, I passed the jackass who cut me off and ruined my first race as he was going slow on the inside. Turns out, he'd been leading comfortably before the pit stops but spun himself out at the exit of the final corner as he was entering the pits, and he crossed the pit line as a result, which gave him a 3s penalty that he served on the final lap! Karma! That gave me P3 at the finish, which could've been P2 if not for my earlier mistake at the CoD, but I still walked away with a podium from P13 on the grid, with 273 points!

Here's the video of what happened on the last lap:

Last edited:
2022/2023 GTWS Manufacturer Cup
Exhibition Season 3 - Round 4
Dragon Trail Seasdie - Group 4 - 12 Laps
Slot 1
- As mentioned above, I was in the lobby with @GTWolverine and @F1Bernardo aka @Spider-Racer . I picked Ford for the Ford GT MR car at Spa in the rain. But what a pleasent surprise the Gr4 Mustang has turned out to be. It held its own and Maggiore and at DTS it has been meta. So, I knew I had a chance to finally get the 300 Manufacturer points i've been chasing if I just managed not to die!

I qualified OK, with a 1:44.6xx, which I knew I had more in me but it wasn't bad at all. Started in Q6. SpiderRacer and GTWolverine were a few spots back. During the week of testing I found the Hards to be better overall on pace BUT if there were enough Soft Tire runners, they could really put a hurting on your race with aggressive passes to cost you time. So, I decided on the 11 Soft, 1 Hard strategy.

By the end of lap 2, I gained 3 spots and was sitting pretty in P3 in the 1st slot Top Split Lobby. If you had told me that 2 years ago I would've said you were insane. But there I was. As far as I could tell, I had enough gap on the field to not worry about the Hard no stoppers. And I was right. UNFORTUNATELY, one of GT Wolverine's lap 1 pit partners, NZNZNZNZNZNZNZ, also did a 1H 11S strat and I didn't know. When I came out of the pits on lap 11 with what I thought was a locked podium spot, he came flying by. I was able to maintain 4th and hold off a fast charging Belessi, but no podium. I did get the ever so elusive 300 points, finally!! Spider Racer finished jsut a few spots back in 6th, I believe. GTWolverine 3 spots back of him.

After getting the 300, thankfully there was no need to go again and again and again. LOL. I did switch to my alt account and went p16 to p3 on a hard no stop because I forgot to buy Softs (doh). Then Grabbed a Win in the final slot to finish the exhibition season on top of the podium. I really enjoyed DTS in the Mustang. It put me in a great mood and looking forward to the official Season. :D

Last edited:
My 7 races I did in a nutshell. Two I TQed only to finish 5th or 7th. I would run RS for qualifying and RH for the race so I did not have to stop. First race I noticed that those that ran RS the whole time got the 1 min ban hammer. However, you just can't out run a car on softs with hards. But, run 1:52 with hards and it makes up for the time they are in the pits. If, you keep it off the wall. 😆
My race day in a nutshell.

I did pretty okay this season , only if the Gr.4 Megane Trophy wasn't so slow that thing deserves a boost or a replacement
GT2RE.png

I didn't do much with Nation races because i wasn't so interested in them this season

Last edited:
I did pretty okay this season , only if the Gr.4 Megane Trophy wasn't so slow that thing deserves a boost or a replacement
View attachment 1240583
I didn't do much with Nation races because i wasn't so interested in them this season
It is called the Slophy afterall.

My Manu results:
1679216541837.png

A shame round 1 didn't count as I would have had 15 to 20 points more. But I can only blame my own stupidity for mucking up my only run at Spa.

How’s the M4 in general? I know it can be a bit slow in auto but better using MT. BMW are on my longlist as I love my little Z4.
It generally drives nice. Stable, decent turnin, traction is also well. It simply is not very fast.
Does not like curbs very much.

On Dragon Trail my fastest lap was >1s slower than with the McLaren.

Not much to comment on yesterday's race! @GTWolverine and @Geauxgreddy described it for me, basically 🤣. The 1H/11S strategy gave me clean air the whole race, I managed to escape death in CoD and got lucky with incidents ahead to steal 263 points with a car that's not very fast in a class I am not very good. Can't complain !

The season overall was great. Got great results in NurbGP (deleted by PD, but still counts in my head) and Spa (first 300+ in Manu!). I also finished 1st in the McLaren ranking, since no true alien picked it this time 😜

These were my race cars this season.
InShot_20230319_121403092.jpg
186fa6679e41-screenshotUrl.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-18 at 11.25.29 PM.png

Unfortunately the Corvette's lack of pace compared to the other "power" based FR cars wasn't enough to keep ALL of the aliens away, so I had to settle for P2 in the brand standings. I definitely was not expecting a Top 25 overall finish though, considering how abysmally slow the Corvette is compared to most of the other power-based cars (in both classes, but especially Gr.4).

I can’t believe I’m asking this, but does anyone know when the next series start?

2-3 weeks, probably. Should be the proper full season if they are following the same general plan as last year.

Hopefully I have time to bump myself back up to GT2 (DR B) before the season starts. Driving standards down in the lowest league were understandably not the best, affects the strategy decisions if you give up track position and have to come back through the pack.

Going full circle and returning to my local Woking lads - used them for one of the early tests but not since. Can't do any worse than Lando and the F1 squad.

Last edited:
Going full circle and returning to my local Woking lads - used them for one of the early tests but not since. Can't do any worse than Lando and the F1 squad.
Having done some testing in this offseason I have concluded that I could easily do as bad as Lando and the F1 boys - the Maccas are so so slow. I'm not good enough to go in with that sort of handicap.

Going German - AMG or Porsche.

It's been a long while since I entered the Manufacturers Championships, last time I ran a full season was on GTS. Anyway, I've procrastinated about it long enough, that I may indeed run the next season. However, if so I'm debating running something other than my usual favourite Hondas for a change. VW are my first choice at the moment, as I do enjoy both the Scirocco and Beetle the more I drive them (plus, owning a VW in reality means it would be a nice excuse to represent the brand :lol:) . I've arranged a shortlist of others try as well:

• Mazda (RX-V and Atenza Gr.4)
  • Renault (RS01 and Megane FF)
  • Audi
  • Toyota/Daihatsu ;) (FT-1 and GT86)
  • Ford ('18 GT and Mustang)
The caveat to all this is that with the most recent BoP changes, both Honda NSX's are actually quite competitive in their respective classes. Think I need to actually do some testing of some sorts to narrow this down...

Perfect then; Ferrari testing time :D

I’m praying that these new physics changes help out my beloved Gr.3 458.

That car has single-handedly brought me from A+ to a c-hair above B the last 2 weeks. I guess that’s what I get for trying to make it work in tire wear races

Seems like we are getting a 4th exhibition season before the proper GTWS starts, along with some format and time slot changes. Details are in the update notes.

I assume this is so they can monitor BoP after the physics changes. Whatever is coming, it's big enough to warrant PD wiping the leaderboards and will surely have a huge impact on Manufacturer Series.

Where do you see that and what are they?

mentioned in Jordan’s article

“ For the online championships held in GT7’s Sport Mode, various changes have been made to include races with different penalty settings and race regulations. And, starting with the Exhibition Series Season 4, schedule changes are designed to make it easier to participate in “a wider range of time zones”

“ For the online championships held in GT7’s Sport Mode, various changes have been made to include races with different penalty settings and race regulations. And, starting with the Exhibition Series Season 4, schedule changes are designed to make it easier to participate in “a wider range of time zones”
I saw a translated screenshot on Discord that made it sound like the wider range of time slots will only apply to the lower leagues:

"For the 2022/23 Exhibition Series Season 4, the GT2 and GT3 leagues will have extended event hours to make it easier to participate in races across a wider range of time slots."
I really hope that is wrong because my interpretation would be that the lower leagues keep the format from the last test season and GT1 go back to the restricted hours where the midweek races are hard to enter for those at work. If that is the case I can see a lot of people playing the DR system to enter the lower races or entering the American lobbies which run later.

I saw a translated screenshot on Discord that made it sound like the wider range of time slots will only apply to the lower leagues:

"For the 2022/23 Exhibition Series Season 4, the GT2 and GT3 leagues will have extended event hours to make it easier to participate in races across a wider range of time slots."
I really hope that is wrong because my interpretation would be that the lower leagues keep the format from the last test season and GT1 go back to the restricted hours where the midweek races are hard to enter for those at work. If that is the case I can see a lot of people playing the DR system to enter the lower races or entering the American lobbies which run later.
Here's the section from the proper patch notes
In the Online Championships, different Leagues will have different penalty settings and race regulations. For the '2022/23 Exhibition Series - Season 4,' the race schedule for GT2 and GT3 League will feature more entry slots to allow for a wider participation at different time of the day.
Different penalty settings? Maybe the harsher barrier penalties will only apply to the wallriding sods in GT1, stop them messing up everyone else's races.

Not sure what to make of this of new GTWS penalty and race regulation tier system PD are mentioning. Obviously they is very little info right now but I hope they don’t make too many changes that divide the player base.

Penalties - I assume track limits will be strict in some leagues and weak in others? One thing Id like to see implemented is a track limit warning system. 3 warnings and then 4th warning a 10 seconds pen.
Car collisions I guess they will be either strict/weak.
Flags - hope they fix this. I’ve seen people overtake under yellows and get no penalty.

Race regulations - this for me could be a dont not participate if they get this wrong. So far I’ve seen a few people saying that the GT1 league could get longer races than the GT2 & GT3 leagues. I hope this is not the case. Also I wouldn’t be surprised if different leagues get different tyre compound, different tyre & fuel multipliers (less multipliers in lower leagues) and different weather.

I hope PD get this right as I’d hate to see players complain that they are getting different races (I assume easier races in the lower leagues) compared to other leagues.

I'm more worried about the BoP and physics changes. Had done a load of testing and picked a new team for the next season, now it may be back to the drawing board. A good thing there is at least one more exhibition series to try things out.

Only 3 entry slots for GT1 :yuck:

GT1 League
  • Entry Slot Times (Rounds 1 & 3): 14:00, 16:00, 18:00 (UTC)
  • Entry Slot Times (Round 2): 17:00, 19:00, 21:00 (UTC)

GT2 League & GT3 League
  • Entry Slot Times (Rounds 1 & 3): 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00 (UTC)
  • Entry Slot Times (Round 2): 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00, 21:00 (UTC)
Players may enter the event 15 minutes before the start time.

Last edited:

Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

Nice, so because I'm above DR B I'm beholden to GTWS catering and have to deal with only 3 slots per race instead of 10.

How wonderful. They're just encouraging you to smurf at this rate. Why would I want to be DR A (or above) if it means I get less game to play? I'm nowhere near GTWS level for this to be anything close to a good change.

Only 3 entry slots for GT1 :yuck:

GT1 League
  • Entry Slot Times (Rounds 1 & 3): 14:00, 16:00, 18:00 (UTC)
  • Entry Slot Times (Round 2): 17:00, 19:00, 21:00 (UTC)

GT2 League & GT3 League
  • Entry Slot Times (Rounds 1 & 3): 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00 (UTC)
  • Entry Slot Times (Round 2): 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00, 21:00 (UTC)
Players may enter the event 15 minutes before the start time.
3 slots for GT1 ?

The Muppets Laughing GIF

all Gr.3 races in Manufacturers - I approve.
28 laps of Interlagos, 21 laps of Daytona - hell yeah :D

Nations - Audi RS5s at Brands Hatch - 23 laps :D

Last edited:
Entry Slot Times (Round 2): 17:00, 19:00, 21:00 (UTC)
So 1 or 2 slots for most of the players on the midweek races.

What is the correct thing to do, smash the crap out of people in daily races to get a SR reset or enter the American lobbies instead of Europe and ruin their competition? 🤔

Back