Gran Turismo World Tour is happening

Holy **** I'd be classed as a senior :(

Best of luck @mclarenLB

The age split is for the regular attendees of the Nurb 24h, they have their own exhibition event, the top 30 EU guys will be racing as normal in a special Nations and Manufacturers event :D

I've got an invitation, I replied but no confirmation until now.

Many confirmations were already sent.

Looking at your Kudos... I think you let your DR drop at the wrooooong time, super unfortunate.

Representing the UK and I chose Ferrari, no pressure :lol:

I've got an invitation, I replied but no confirmation until now.

Many confirmations were already sent.

I only got my confirmation this morning 12 hours after the other Brits got it, so there's still a small chance you might get it but I wouldn't be surprised if I was the last email they sent out.

Last edited:
im confirmed, too (VP_Patohm), also my teammate (VP_Bellof956)

No clue wich brand i will represent - i voted for Porsche!! :D

It should be Porsche then, those who asked for a brand but couldn't drive it (I guess if it was overpopulated or something?) Just simply didn't get invited D:

Congrats to those who already know they're going. :cheers:

I got contacted but still didn't get a reply saying yay or nay. I hope I can make it. Would be sweet. :drool:

We had 9 contacted in the UK, 5 are going

I believe Germany had 7 contacted, 3 are going.

So it seems about 50% are gonna be disappointed :/

Wow congrats to those who already got their invitation!

Sadly my DR dropped a little bit after they changed top24 format and I thought it isn't so important any more.

I will most likely not make it with DR 67k. Anyway, have fun there!

I think basically everyone invited is 75k or on the cusp of it, at least from what I've seen so far.

Yes probably but what about if someone has multiple accounts at the cap, which would have been possible for some, do they get two or more chances of being selected or do you have to give your name and other details in your entry, as I hope you would have to, to stop this from happening?

I get that PD wants to reward the players who put in a lot of time into the game but the DR based selection basically disqualifies any newcomers and people who work 40+ hours per week.

I wonder if they did that on purpose or if they just didn't think this through.

Mainly the guys that will benefit the most are the ones who can run at peak times and in the FIA stuff as the rooms will be stronger so you'll get more DR points, at least if you perform well anyway.

Running in the morning and beating decent players does not get you a great amount of points and a bad race will lose you even more, trust me I'm in this position. Only the players who've done thousands of races may have a shot through running and winning an absolute ton against mostly lower quality drivers.

Last edited:
I get that PD wants to reward the players who put in a lot of time into the game but the DR based selection basically disqualifies any newcomers and people who work 40+ hours per week.

I work 40+ hours a week? Not all the top players are on night and day... I've done 125 sport races since release and a large portion of them was 1 day doing ovals to try and get to S rating. I race for an hour a day (When I do race) or this week occasionally 2!

In fact I spend more time on the BoP test trying to create content for that than actually racing which is a bit bad of me to be honest, but I like helping the community where I can.

I'd say I average around 12-14 hours a week actually playing the game, and I'm thankful I can arrange my other commitments so I can compete in the optimum 6-8pm time. That's when the very best are on, and if you want to be chosen for these events you always have to prove yourself against the best. Why should someone new to the game and spends their initial time racing the lower tier DR lot get chosen anyway over guys who are in the top 24 races week in, week out?

I suppose a number of people would want some sort of hotlapping event to enter. Now that's something you need to throw dozens of hours at in the vain hope of getting that 1 great lap, even if 99.9% of your laps result in major mistakes and resets. Leave that to Forza RC, GT is clearly after proper racing talent.

I work 40+ hours a week? Not all the top players are on night and day... I've done 125 sport races since release and a large portion of them was 1 day doing ovals to try and get to S rating. I race for an hour a day (When I do race) or this week occasionally 2!

In fact I spend more time on the BoP test trying to create content for that than actually racing which is a bit bad of me to be honest, but I like helping the community where I can.

I'm just curious... did you also get an invite?

Yes probably but what about if someone has multiple accounts at the cap, which would have been possible for some, do they get two or more chances of being selected or do you have to give your name and other details in your entry, as I hope you would have to, to stop this from happening?

You had to provide full details.

We had 9 contacted in the UK, 5 are going

I believe Germany had 7 contacted, 3 are going.

So it seems about 50% are gonna be disappointed :/

Yeah, I'm aware most of those who were contacted won't be confirmed. Do you know if those who are not going got a reply at all?

My only hope was, being more often than not the fastest in my country and having set multiple EMEA and WR times in daily races, I'd at least be able to represent my "small" nation.

Well, guess my wrist injury 2 months ago spoiled any chance I had to go, since I couldn't improve to 75K while I was recovering. If the criteria is the 75K alone, I'm afraid I won't be confirmed. :(

Latest Posts

Back