Gran Turismo World Tour is happening

I'm just curious... did you also get an invite?

;).

Its worth noting that @Tidgney put several manufacturers in his, and got picked too.

In terms of manufacturers I mentioned to all the brits when they said they got an email to choose wisely as they asked the question. PD are promoting manufacturers and that's also the whole reason behind that cup so if your passionate about a manufacturer you really should choose them. You can guess the manufacturer I picked to be honest, but I put in 6... All 6 I like driving (I like driving more than 6 but they were popular cars) and I like all 6 manufacturers. Whether or not that was the biggest factor who knows, but I bet it had some sway in the choice at least looking at the invited and their choices.

Guess' I won't be there then...I'm basically just not a competitive type there's a reason why I'm still stuck at D rating even if I'm pushed for it.
Well they're not going to take a guy who support Citroen seriously anyway,well unless there going to make a rally stage right beside nurburgring lol.
And I just can't be attending due to obvious financial reasons.

UK has 5 going, although @mthomas_95 got his invite much later than the other 4, so I can only assume someone from another country pulled out? Maybe the Ferrari driver ;)

Could it be that someone from those 5 plays with the UK flag, lives in the UK but is from a different nationality in Europe?

Silly of PD to choose this way.
The penalty system is not fixed, the blue screen issue isn't fixed, they've only today introduced the blue flag.
And changing the Top 24 selection system just before the event begins was rather naughty, as it gave the impression that DR wasn't as valuable as it once seemed.

Anyway, good luck to those invited.

Silly of PD to choose this way.
The penalty system is not fixed, the blue screen issue isn't fixed, they've only today introduced the blue flag.
And changing the Top 24 selection system just before the event begins was rather naughty, as it gave the impression that DR wasn't as valuable as it once seemed.

Anyway, good luck to those invited.

They took DR values from before the Top 24 change I think

I got to A A rank in two weeks racing 3 nights a week with a 65 % first place average . Then I went to C C for race quiting after some guy had it out for me one race for no reason .

I work 40+ hours a week? Not all the top players are on night and day... I've done 125 sport races since release and a large portion of them was 1 day doing ovals to try and get to S rating. I race for an hour a day (When I do race) or this week occasionally 2!

In fact I spend more time on the BoP test trying to create content for that than actually racing which is a bit bad of me to be honest, but I like helping the community where I can.
I get that PD wants to reward the players who put in a lot of time into the game but the DR based selection basically disqualifies any newcomers and people who work 40+ hours per week.

I wonder if they did that on purpose or if they just didn't think this through.

Thats simply not true, even if it sounds hard ^^ With an ELO System, the Best will rise to the Top after just serveral races. The Ranking System is NOT a grind. It is infact very good!

Me as example: Im 32 yours old, not much time, work 50+ hours in a demanding Job, got even two (!) accounts to 75 k DR... Didn take much time, just race and win, stick with the fastest guys in Europe and you soon will have a perfect S Account ^^ It is possible, but just with Speed.

Qulifing-Sessions, as Thomas mentioned are really ********. I took part in last years ForzaRC (got to final) and invested more time in Time Trail Event than Building my S/S in GTSport ^^ So stupid :)

Here's a question... What if there's an alien in the exhibition race who's not from Europe (either in real life or just on PS, like an American account for a person who actually lives in Europe)? Would it be possible for them to take part in the final race? (if they already have 30 drivers, 1 more wouldn't hurt)

EDIT: Just realised, 30 drivers in the final!? That's awesome, I wish PD could do that for all SPORT races and maybe even open it up for Open Lobbies so we can have multi-class racing (gr3 + gr4 enduros ftw) :)

Sounds like we'll get Jimmy Broadbent as part of the commentary for the event. He's done a good job doing commentary for sim racing events in the past and should bring a good-sized audience along with him.

K32
Here's a question... What if there's an alien in the exhibition race who's not from Europe (either in real life or just on PS, like an American account for a person who actually lives in Europe)? Would it be possible for them to take part in the final race? (if they already have 30 drivers, 1 more wouldn't hurt)

They wouldn't bother checking non EMEA accounts for a European event, and 1 more would screw up their plans which have they've probably been making for a while now (rigs can't just be added last minute).

Last edited:
K32

EDIT: Just realised, 30 drivers in the final!? That's awesome, I wish PD could do that for all SPORT races and maybe even open it up for Open Lobbies so we can have multi-class racing (gr3 + gr4 enduros ftw) :)

There are events in the americas and asia that europeans can't go, why would the opposite be true? Europe has the highest number of players and aliens. If there was 1 place more, there would be plenty of european players to fill that place.

They wouldn't bother checking non EMEA accounts for a European event, and 1 more would screw up their plans which have they've probably been making for a while now (rigs can't just be added last minute).

Thoughts on my edited post?

There are events in the americas and asia that europeans can't go, why would the opposite be true?

Just saying, imagine if some hot shot arrived and he didn't qualify, (throwing it out there and I know he's busy with F1) like Lewis Hamilton. You think they're just going to keep him on the sidelines and not let him go toe to toe with the best?

K32
Thoughts on my edited post?

I suspect there will be semi finals and then a final. We know the game can handle 30 on track (Mission 6-6) but would that many cars in likely close proximity make it too difficult to keep track of all the events in the race? We haven't been told yet of the exact format so we'll have to wait and see.

I suspect there will be semi finals and then a final. We know the game can handle 30 on track (Mission 6-6) but would that many cars in likely close proximity make it too difficult to keep track of all the events in the race? We haven't been told yet of the exact format so we'll have to wait and see.

If the event at the Nurburgring is at the Nurburgring (N24 layout of course) on GTS, which it should be, then a 30 car grid is just fine. If you go below 20-15 cars it starts to get bit boring for such a big track. Plus, 30 car grids are starting to approach the size of an average GT3 field in VLN and Blancpain (Sprint & Endurance).

Seems odd to not have the top 24? Given the format in the fia races. As I said in the fia thread according to the calendar in the game the fia pre-season events start on the 2nd. So will you guys be racing in that or is thus a completely separate event to celebrate it? I think on the calendar the race for that day on manufacturers is Nürburgring?

There are events in the americas and asia that europeans can't go, why would the opposite be true? Europe has the highest number of players and aliens. If there was 1 place more, there would be plenty of european players to fill that place.

Yep, got it. Still a bit disappointed how it's called the 'Euro Cup'. The Nations Cup should be made for all countries (yes yes I know, we all live in different time zones and so on), something like the Olympics of sim racing.

K32
Yep, got it. Still a bit disappointed how it's called the 'Euro Cup'. The Nations Cup should be made for all countries (yes yes I know, we all live in different time zones and so on), something like the Olympics of sim racing.

I don’t think this will be a one off, I’m sure they will do other events that will likely give other regions the opportunity

K32

Dude, thsi is just a PR opener for the real Session :)

The best is still to come! After this initial Showcase Live Event - the real Session will start (ingame). From there on, most likely there will be regional Live Events and a World Final Event (Oktober as announced) :)

In this Event, we cannot earn any Points for the real Session. Ist just Showcase for the people :)

Each of the 3 regions will have their own events, and then the top guys from all 3 will come together for the World Finals. That's my rough understanding of the official format. Those of us going to the N24 will miss out probably on 2 of the 8 pre season events on the game calendar atm, but not all events will count anyway.

Each of the 3 regions will have their own events, and then the top guys from all 3 will come together for the World Finals. That's my rough understanding of the official format. Those of us going to the N24 will miss out probably on 2 of the 8 pre season events on the game calendar atm, but not all events will count anyway.

So if I’ve got this correct the last race of each season is the best from all regions? And will race together in the top tier race?

ah yes, a hotlapping competition as opposed to actual racing

What's quite interesting about the N24 event is that for the majority of us going it'll be our first live tournament, and not many former GT Academy guys have made it. For the first time us racers have an entry criteria that suits us. The fact you don't even see the FIA leaderboard times after you've entered a race is a sign PD have completely focused on racing and not hotlapping.

Back