Gran Turismo World Tour is happening

Yeah, I'm aware most of those who were contacted won't be confirmed. Do you know if those who are not going got a reply at all?

My only hope was, being more often than not the fastest in my country and having set multiple EMEA and WR times in daily races, I'd at least be able to represent my "small" nation.

Well, guess my wrist injury 2 months ago spoiled any chance I had to go, since I couldn't improve to 75K while I was recovering. If the criteria is the 75K alone, I'm afraid I won't be confirmed. :(

They didn't look into anything technical, just country, DR and manufacturer choice. Not even the results of the FIA Test Seasons.

I don't think those who aren't going are getting a reply, sorry :(

Looking at your Kudos... I think you let your DR drop at the wrooooong time, super unfortunate.
Very bad timing...
I also got an invitation and when I had a massive DR and SR drop on sunday because of two very bad races at the Nordschleife, my hopes dropped that I would be selected. Fortunately I seem to have chosen a good manufacturer (BMW) and the criteria were probably more complex than just looking at DR/SR ratings (consistent performances are also important imo). If you shouldn't be selected and you still have the possibility to come to the 24h race, it would be very cool to get to know you as I really like racing with you.

I'm so jealous of all you aliens lol
I don't consider myself as an alien at all, so I am just super happy and consider myself lucky to be able to participate in this awesome event. :)

They didn't look into anything technical, just country, DR and manufacturer choice. Not even the results of the FIA Test Seasons.

I don't think those who aren't going are getting a reply, sorry :(

No problem. :) But some people were suggesting the people who got confirmed were the ones closer to 75k irrespectively of country or anything else.

No problem. :) But some people were suggesting the people who got confirmed were the ones closer to 75k irrespectively of country or anything else.

Yeah, Manufacturer choice was definitely a major part of the selection process, they're after a varied grid for sure :)

I also got an invitation and when I had a massive DR and SR drop on sunday because of two very bad races at the Nordschleife, my hopes dropped that I would be selected. Fortunately I seem to have chosen a good manufacturer (BMW) and the criteria were probably more complex than just looking at DR/SR ratings (consistent performances are also important imo). If you shouldn't be selected and you still have the possibility to come to the 24h race, it would be very cool to get to know you as I really like racing with you.

I don't consider myself as an alien at all, so I am just super happy and consider myself lucky to be able to participate in this awesome event. :)

Manufacturer choice seemed to be the most overriding concern for final selection, DR was just used to send out the first email. Choose something nobody else did and you'd be guaranteed a spot. Glad that reset on the Nordschleife hasn't stopped you from being chosen as well 👍

Congrats mate! :gtpflag:

I'm not mocking it in any way but did you get the invite before you tanked your DR?

I'm not sure of that. I've choosen Mazda, and didn't get any reply. So sad. I live so near to the Nürb.

...and how do you know someone didn't beat you to picking Mazda? You realise its very strong right now due to the Gr4 Atenza being great right? Mazda was honestly very likely one of the more popular picks.

I'm not sure of that. I've choosen Mazda, and didn't get any reply. So sad. I live so near to the Nürb.

I think when more than 1 choose a Manufacturer they look at Nationality, because France qualify quite a few if someone from a smaller country also went with Mazda they'd get picked instead.

...and how do you know someone didn't beat you to picking Mazda? You realise its very strong right now due to the Gr4 Atenza being great right? Mazda was honestly very likely one of the more popular picks.

I don't think a lot of people choosed it. It was very unpopular last FIA cup and not that much for the actual one. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think it changes the way you'd be choosen or not.

I don't think a lot of people choosed it. It was very unpopular last FIA cup and not that much for the actual one. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think it changes the way you'd be choosen or not.

Every single person I know that got confirmed happens to be representing a different manufacturer right now, I think the manufacturer choice was the tie breaker.

Yeah, Manufacturer choice was definitely a major part of the selection process, they're after a varied grid for sure :)

Well that doesn't make any sense to me. I'd drive any manufacturer if I could take part in the event. Being left out because someone else chose the same brand is kinda stupid IMO. :/

I chose Aston Martin just because it was the last car I drove in the game. It's not even my favorite lol. I think anyone would give up the choice of the car to be able to take part in the event. :(

Well that doesn't make any sense to me. I'd drive any manufacturer if I could take part in the event. Being left out because someone else chose the same brand is kinda stupid IMO. :/

I chose Aston Martin just because it was the last car I drove in the game. It's not even my favorite lol. I think anyone would give up the choice of the car to be able to take part in the event. :(
I also chose Aston and I have 75k DR, so that may be why you weren't picked

Ahh, you see @Cuber Tom has Aston Martin... I'm pretty sure this is it. Its worth noting that @Tidgney put several manufacturers in his, and got picked too.

EDIT: Ninja'd by the man himself haha

I also chose Aston and I have 75k DR, so that may be why you weren't picked

Ahh, you see @Cuber Tom has Aston Martin... I'm pretty sure this is it. Its worth noting that @Tidgney put several manufacturers in his, and got picked too.

EDIT: Ninja'd by the man himself haha

Yeah, I'd honestly have chosen the slower brand just to be there.

Good idea Tigney. ^^ I could have just put "any brand". Didn't even thought it could be the elimination factor.

I`m in as well, chosen for honda as manufacture, but don`t know if i`m really good to be considered top 30 euro players.
i don`t even drive that much lol, never experienced a event like this, so looking forward to it.

I also got invited and will drive for germany ;)
And I'm no alien by any means, just got the 75k at the right moment i think ^^
By the way, Germany had 15 contacted.

I also got invited and will drive for germany ;)
And I'm no alien by any means, just got the 75k at the right moment i think ^^
By the way, Germany had 15 contacted.

Wow 15? I guess its because you guys are closer to the 'ring haha.

What Manufacturer?

I get that PD wants to reward the players who put in a lot of time into the game but the DR based selection basically disqualifies any newcomers and people who work 40+ hours per week.

I wonder if they did that on purpose or if they just didn't think this through.

It seems like that but the reason these guys have loads of DR is because they are ridiculously fast not because they play lots. I haven’t seen anyone in this list of drivers going that doesn’t deserve it, easily some of the fastest in the game!

Well done to all, very jealous will be a great trip and experience!

So they are just sending out invitations for players residing only in Europe?
Also any idea if this is going to be streamed anywhere?

So, I sent another e-mail to the person who contacted me just reassuring that I'd happily drive another brand if that happened to be the reason why I wasn't confirmed.

I'm glad (in a way) to report that brand choice was not a deciding factor at all according to what he told me.

The selection process is based on the following:

- in total we looked for 30 GT Gamers from Europe.
- maximum of 4 players per country.
- we based selection on the DR score and SR rating of mid-April.
- and of course, we selected based on the people who could attend.

I was rank 146 on that list. I dropped a loooot in the last 2 months. :embarrassed: Seeing things from this perspective it's easier to understand why I didn't get the confirmation.

Watching the 24H of Nurb and Le Mans are part of my plans for the next years. If I had the change to go there, at least 1 of them would be fulfilled in the most amazing and unexpected way. I'll have to do it by my own. :D

Good luck to everyone who made it and was able to gather the 75K DR points in time for this. 👍

Please take photographs of the actual event and race for us.

I'll be participating as well [...] Will be nice to meet fellow GTers in person!
Congratulations! 👍 Looking forward to meet you and the other 'racers'! The Gr.3 races at Bathurst with the Nismo GT-R were amongst the most entertaining and competitive races I had in GT Sport. :cheers:

Congrats mate! :gtpflag:

I'm not mocking it in any way but did you get the invite before you tanked your DR?
Thank you very much! Haha I am not offended by you asking this. I firstly got contacted last friday 20th april late in the evening. That is also why I was a bit suspicious about the authenticity of the email because I was in disbelief that I would really be contacted by PD as 'one of the leading GT Sport racers in Europe' :dopey:
So yes, I luckily got contacted before I got the big DR/SR damage.

2 BMW's now then, I guess someone is driving the Z4 and the other the M6 :P
I should preventively buy the Z4 and train a bit just in case...

Latest Posts

Back