Gran Turismo World Tour is happening

I'd say after watching everything, the event had its ups and downs but overall better than expectations.

Positives:
Announcing - Definitely gave it that extra dimension of excitement and legitimacy
Tire Model - Hard to judge without experiencing it myself but it looked like a greater challenge to drive
Replay Angles - Really hope they are available in the game soon
Race Faces - One advantage of not having to wear a helmet from a viewer's perspective. Now I wonder what I look like while racing.
Racecraft - This one I was flipping back and forth. Personally, the amount of incidents is more that would've been considered acceptable in many leagues I've been in. However, this was a high stakes live event with drivers of similar caliber and it did provide excitement as a viewer.
N-Class Racing - A welcome surprise

Negatives:
Selection/Qualifying Process - Former was not transparent and meant some big names missed out. Latter effectively eliminated certain drivers from the competition before it started via having to drive the worst cars
Standing Starts - One makes, it's okay. Otherwise, huge advantage/disadvantage depending on car.
Monza - Personal opinion but was really hoping they wouldn't use it.
Marketing - If it wasn't for this site, I would've never know this was even happening

Kaz described the new tyre model to us in the initial driver briefing in this way: turning in will feel more 'natural' and rear will be easier to lose, esp when on throttle (paraphrasing and iirc of course). That's what it felt like and straightsin the first practice everyone was having some issues trying to keep the rear of the red bull in check.

We also had practice rigs with the currently released version and t-gt and it was noticeably different in feeling.

On another note, I'll try my best to entertain and creep you guys out with my face in a future live event (if I ever get to go to another one).

Kaz described the new tyre model to us in the initial driver briefing in this way: turning in will feel more 'natural' and rear will be easier to lose, esp when on throttle (paraphrasing and iirc of course).
Was that why you were struggling with the Toyota Gr.1 so much?
I can‘t wait to spin out even more with the Gr.3 cars now :ouch: :dunce:

Race Faces - One advantage of not having to wear a helmet from a viewer's perspective. Now I wonder what I look like while racing.

My wife watched a bit of the race and mentioned how calm everyone looked compared to me. I, apparently, acquire a frowning death stare that my wife finds hilarious ("way too serious for just a game").

She has no idea.

My wife watched a bit of the race and mentioned how calm everyone looked compared to me. I, apparently, acquire a frowning death stare that my wife finds hilarious ("way too serious for just a game").

She has no idea.

I really don't think I want to see my own face while racing. My gf smirks or chuckles sometimes when she walks in the room and I'm in the middle of a serious race, so there must be something funny going on there. Seriously though, they have no idea!

Kaz described the new tyre model to us in the initial driver briefing in this way: turning in will feel more 'natural' and rear will be easier to lose, esp when on throttle (paraphrasing and iirc of course). That's what it felt like and straightsin the first practice everyone was having some issues trying to keep the rear of the red bull in check.

We also had practice rigs with the currently released version and t-gt and it was noticeably different in feeling.

On another note, I'll try my best to entertain and creep you guys out with my face in a future live event (if I ever get to go to another one).

Thanks for this info. Hugely appreciated :gtpflag:

Thoroughly enjoyed you guys battling it out. It was a fantastic event from a viewing perspective.

Race control messed the last race up hard, I spoke to Jimmy and Chris when the ads were running after the race and the backstage communication on deciding that penalty was an absolute mess, mthomas went to race control as they let Fuvaros get away with ignoring his pitstop penalty until he had time to pit, and they kind of shrugged it off.

The BoP and Tyre model was vastly different, and honestly very lacking in balance, Tidgney's Lambo was a total mess in the final, both tyre wise and pace wise.

More details soon.

I have to thank you guys for giving us an insight and info from a competitors point of view. I can't tell you how much I, and probably most here appreciate it.

The event was fantastic from a viewing perspective (as I mentioned a few posts ago). It has great potential.

*Mods, sorry double post. It was an accident, but don't deserve anymore than a 1second penalty :cheers:

Re-edit: 10 Sec stop and go?! Harsh :( :D Thanks for the tidy up

Last edited:
I have a question on the new tyre model... Will ABS off be usable? And can you get lift off oversteer to the point of spinning?

Currently it’s more or less impossible to spin the car under braking or while turning. The only risk of spinning is by pressing the accelerator.

(I guess this might be down to setup where the default setup is just to understeer like a boat?)

Atm I think braking is way too easy. All you have to do is hit your brake marker. After that isn’t doesn’t really matter if you shake the wheel about and stamp all over the brake pedal.

I have a question on the new tyre model... Will ABS off be usable? And can you get lift off oversteer to the point of spinning?

Currently it’s more or less impossible to spin the car under braking or while turning. The only risk of spinning is by pressing the accelerator.

(I guess this might be down to setup where the default setup is just to understeer like a boat?)

Atm I think braking is way too easy. All you have to do is hit your brake marker. After that isn’t doesn’t really matter if you shake the wheel about and stamp all over the brake pedal.
It kinda depends on car... there are cars which you can spin pretty easily with a little bit of weight unbalance.

Hey, I thought I would share my experience in this event with you and perhaps it might also clear some things that were discussed before in this thread.

Nations qualifier

Car: Red Bull X2014 Junior
Track: Nurburgring GP
Grid position: 1st
Final position: 3rd
Edward (force_ewerby) was able to make a better start than me and covered the inside of the 1st corner, so I thought to follow him and not risk anything until the last laps. After some laps, I did a huge mistake by cutting the 1st corner so much. I was too eager there because Edward was already very close to the curb and I thought he went wide... So, I got a penalty and served before the last corner in the same lap (because it was mandatory to serve on the same lap or in the next one, otherwise it would be at the end as always in online races). After serving the penalty, I was in 4th position. My chances were pretty much doomed, so I risked everything to get the top 3 and get to the final. Started to the best laps and as soon as I caught Manuel (TRL_MANURODRY) he spun alone (probably due to the pressure but he did very well until that point) and then I caught the top 2 and stayed there cautiously because I didn't want to do anything silly... with 3rd place I was already in the final.

Manufactures final
1st race:

Track: Monza
Grid position: 5th
Final position: 8th
I was paired with Michael (Michi_Jay) and Fabian (fab99gd) and was the team lead (because of the RedBull overall lap times). We were the 5th team to pick the car and we decided to pick the Porsche (not good for Monza but average in the Nordschleife we thought). Putting it simple, the team couldn't do any better very hard to keep up the speed with Porsche in this track (nothing we didn't know).

2nd race:

Track: Nurburgring 24h
Grid position: 8th
Final position: 5th
Same teams and starting with the result from the previous race. We decided that I would start the race and do 3laps, then Michael would be the 2nd driver with 2 laps and Fabian 3rd driver with 2 laps too, so 3.2.2. Everything went upside down, we did 2.1.2.2. I was saving fuel but I felt the tyres wouldn't last for the 3rd lap and as I didn't want to ruin my team mates race, I decided to change to the second driver after the second lap and I was planing to do a 2.2.2.1strategy as we did in the morning. But guess what, somehow, with the pressure of changing drivers quickly, I think we pressed the stop refuel button by mistake... Michael looked to me and pointed to the remaining fuel........ (we were so mad), luckily I saved 1 lap of fuel otherwise it could be our end there. Me and Fabian talked about what to do to compensate that we decided that I would do more 2 laps and he would finish the race. We managed to reach 2nd position before the pit stop but we knew some teams weren't pitting anymore. So at the end we lost some positions there and ended 5th, not bad after all.
Thanks to my team mates because they've driven very well, not big mistakes, and very clean driving.
Apologies to Uros (IRT_NissmanR32) for the huge accident between us but me and the Ferrari driver couldn't see him rejoining the track over the crest and we're full throttle there, we braked when we realised there's a car in the track... we had not enough time to avoid that. I wish they had the flags system enabled.
Apologies to another moment with the McLaren and the Toyota because seamed that the tyres in the McLaren in front of us were gone and Joost (Spark_43) was struggling to hold the car and at some point he was going in Ss and me and Toyota (Pierre - RC_Snake91) braked to not hit him but we touched each other. I should have given the place back to Pierre because it wasn't his fault neither mine, but now with cold thinking I should have done that, sorry Pierre.

Final results Manufactures:
1. BMW - RC_Atho/blabla_/mthomas_95
2. Nissan - Zkippe/cubertom/matuu79
3. Toyota - RC_Snake91/VP_Patohm/besteo88
4. Renault - PhAnToM-Taky/TRL_AUGH/mclaren6
5. Porsche - PUMPUNKU/Michi_Jay/fab99gd
6. Mercedes - TRL_Fuvaros/puupke/IRT_NissmanR32
7. McLaren - Georgio_/GTA_Tidgney/Spark_43
8. Subaru - force_ewerby/TRL_MANURODRY/RoKKoGSXR
9. Audi - desmania25081972/VP_bellof956/xqwYLOw82hGC
10. Ferrari - inseeekk/Benito-Raul/ART_ADRIAN21

Nations final
1st race:

Car: Audi TT Cup GR.4
Grid Position: 10th
Final Position: 2nd
I managed to do the 4th best time of the qualified top 10 (Nurburgring redbull race) so I was able to pick average cars to the final races.
Couldn't put a clean lap in the qualifier and only did the 9th best time (In the morning did 4th best time in practicing session, so I knew I had some pace). Strangely started from 10th position but the race wasn't cancelled... I wonder why!? because they did that in the 2nd race! Anyway, I didn't complaint... so everyone ignored it :ouch: . I though the only thing I could do was a non pit stop race and try to climb some positions with that. I didn't pushed to much exiting corners so that I wouldn't lose my front wheels at the end of the race and fortunately I managed that pretty well and fuel too and I was able to overtake Tarek (PhAnToM_Taky) at the end.

2nd race:
Car: BMW M3 Sport Evolution
Track: Interlagos
Grid Position: 2nd
Final Position: 8th
Never got a good start in this car, 1/4 of throttle and still spinning and then changing gears took too much time and wen't to 9th position before the 1st corner. In the morning I didn't pit but the tyres weren't manageable so I thought to pit in the real session (wrong decision). Anyway, lap 5 and I was 5th and organisers decided to stop the race because the positions were wrong again in the beginning :( ........ On the second try I only managed 8th! So frustrating, because my chances to make a podium decreased quite a bit with that. Every race had influence on the next one.

3rd race:
Car: Mazda GR.1
Grid Position: 8th
Final Position: 6th
Started the race well in the straight but in the first chicane there were too many cars side by side and we touched each other so I backed off to show the staff that I didn't gain anything with that and therefore tried to not get a penalty, lucky me that Angelo (desmania25081972) didn't lost positions too and we're under investigation but went through without any penalty. Before Ascari I braked at the end of the straight and the cars in front were going slow again so I turned into the grass there to not hit anyone 💡. After that I've put the knife between my teeth and went "all in". .. started to do the best laps of the race until the first pitstop and I was able to catch the guys again.. after that it was just managing the tyres and gain a bit in the pits, climbed 2 positions, so I was happy after all that happened in that race.

4th race:
Car: Nissan GT-R GR.3
Track: Lake Maggiore
Grid Position: 6th
Final Position: 7th
This race I knew I couldn't do anything special because the car wasn't competitive on this track. Too much understeer on fast corners and no tyres after the 6th lap (I should have pitted twice). I still blaming myself for the car choice, I had the chance to pick a better one! Edward managed to pass me with the BMW and I kept with him until the 6th lap and then he's gone. Patrik Blazan (TRL_Fuvaros) ended up behind me due to the crash he had and he said to me afterwards that he was struggling to pass me due to my straight speed, so I opened the door so that he could fight for the title, I followed him for a while and then I couldn't keep his pace (Mercedes was the best car there and he was also a super super driver). Later, Anthony (RC_Atho) who was fighting for the title too had a penalty and ended up with me, I did pretty much the same, didn't blocked him for too long and followed him because that wasn't my fight. To the end of the race I lost the tyres again and Martin (GTA_Tidgney) who pitted twice in the lambo managed to get on my back and it was a good fight until the end. One more lap and he would be able to overtake me for sure.

Final results:
1. Giorgio_57
2. TRL_Fuvaros
3. RC_Atho
4. desmania25081972
5. Zkippe
6. PUMPUNKU
7. PhAnToM_Taky
8. GTA_Tidgney
9. force_ewerby
10. VP_Bellof956

Final thoughts:
Thanks to Sony/PD for inviting me to this, it was an amazing event, best racing I've ever had and very well organised and it was live which is even more exciting. We did some good friends there, we drank some good beers together and laugh so much, it was such an amazing experience with everyone, event organisers, PD staff, race director(s), players, commentators, hotel waiters, etc.... Brilliant! Not to forget the 24h race which was so cool to see from the stand in the main straight :bowdown:

A special word to all the players who behaved very very well in the track. I know there were some contacts here and there, but everyone tried so hard to be fast, clean and make a good show for everyone. We can't blame any rough moment in any race because if it happened I'm sure it was against anyone's will. Penalties were most of the times very well applied, there's always room for discussion but... this is racing it happens in real life.

Ah... you gonna love the new tyre model. That's one of the reasons we were slower compared to normal times in the actual game, it was a different game.

Apologies if I miss spelled someone's names/PSNs... too many people to remember in such a short amount of time.

ps: for those who played GT5, you might know me as meagainstyou

Last edited:
It kinda depends on car... there are cars which you can spin pretty easily with a little bit of weight unbalance.

I guess you can unsettle the car if you try. But I tend to find that accelerating out of a corner is where 99% of the risk of spinning is (for me at least).

It’s particularly noticeable (weird) in low N rated cars where you just have to blow on the accelerator and you can spin round. In real life I’d expect that there wouldn’t be enough power to spin up the wheels so I find this a bit unintuitive. (From a man with zero real life experience).

I’d just like to have a bit more challenge in the braking from the new tyre model. Like now you can set brake balance all the way to the rear and still have no risk of spinning round. Essentially I just want to be able to turn off abs.

I guess you can unsettle the car if you try. But I tend to find that accelerating out of a corner is where 99% of the risk of spinning is (for me at least).

It’s particularly noticeable (weird) in low N rated cars where you just have to blow on the accelerator and you can spin round. In real life I’d expect that there wouldn’t be enough power to spin up the wheels so I find this a bit unintuitive. (From a man with zero real life experience).

I’d just like to have a bit more challenge in the braking from the new tyre model. Like now you can set brake balance all the way to the rear and still have no risk of spinning round. Essentially I just want to be able to turn off abs.

That's exactly what I've been saying since launch... there is this weird deadzone where the tyres have grip and then they magically lose it all at once. Even with low powered cars as you're saying. I hope this gets fixed at some point.

Yeah even though a little concerned by this new model I do hope it’s a little more progressive than what we have. At times it does feel like it’s all grip or no grip with no in between! Ferrari is a prime example, accelerating out of a corner you’ve the grip you need then all of sudden your facing the other way!

A nice linear throttle to match would be good too!

Very happy to know the Nations Cup Champion for the first contest in Nurburgring is the Italian Giorgio_57.

Proud of it!!

He also signed a contract with Williams e-racing Team!

Congratulationts, by the way, to everybody partecipated!

Did he get the contract with Williams e-sport team because he won this event?

I did some quick research and the manager of the Williams e-sport team is the founder of the e-sport team that he is already in (JIM Racing).

This sounds positive because feedback on entry into many slow and medium speed corners under braking with moderate speed isn't good in general on most tracks, and is particularly bad at the Nurburgring GP circuit.

I'm wondering how the rear end dramas will be sorted though because a lot have difficulty with cars that rotate efficiently. The contributing elements being mostly the default settings/default ABS combination which prevents the car from setting a much better trajectory on the exits of second and third gear corners which helps to lessen power-on oversteer.

I've sat behind you the odd time when you have been using the M6, letting it all hang out, so the update shouldn't pose any problems for yourself :)

Your affirmation is not correct... It will be released this summer only for PC, but later on, most probably it will come to XBOX and PS4 (or 5??) most surely... Not being plug and play on PC????? That is even more incorrect... PC accepts any kind of controller combination as it is full plug & play, , contrarily to PS4... And I have several bad experiences with that issue... (on PS4)
Dude I just aired my opinion here. There is no correct or incorrect... it is personal for each person. But you are right they have neither confirmed or denied an eventual releas on console. I obviously meant no release announced for acc on console. As for pc gaming I gamed for 15+ years on pc and I am talking about my personal experience and opinion. Perhaps we have a different definition of plug and play. What I meant was for a Pc you need:
-OS
-Gaming pc build
-Gaming gpu& ram etc
-Monitor
-Drivers
-Wheelbase
-Software

Starting out with an Commodore amiga 500 (upgraded to 500+ later on) and later to a pc. as a pc gamer i used to want to have the latest everything. Upgraded my gpu every few years (started with 3dfx... yes I am that old) and changed out my motherboard, psu, cpu, ram multiple times. Air cooling, liquid cooling, over clocking, fiddling with multiple sliders and settings etc. Then I just decided to leave it all and move to apple gear for productivity and leave the gaming to my livingroom on my console. I haven’t owned a desktop for 7-8 years now.

With a console I just need a tv, console, game and a compatible wheel. Turn on and play. I am not the only one in the same situation.

Don’t misunderstand I am not bashing anything It is only a personal experience and opinion! Don’t be so sensitive about my comment.

Last edited:
Did he get the contract with Williams e-sport team because he won this event?

I did some quick research and the manager of the Williams e-sport team is the founder of the e-sport team that he is already in (JIM Racing).
I think so. Don't know more. I read it on article from the most important sport newspaper online in Italy (gazzettadellosport)

Hey, I thought I would share my experience in this event with you and perhaps it might also clear some things that were discussed before in this thread.

Nations qualifier

Car: Red Bull X2014 Junior
Grid position: 1st
Final position: 3rd
Edward (force_ewerby) was able to make a better start than me and covered the inside of the 1st corner, so I thought to follow him and not risk anything until the last laps. After some laps, I did a huge mistake by cutting the 1st corner so much. I was to eager there because Edward was already very close to the curb and I thought he went wide... So, I got a penalty and served before the last corner in the same lap (because it was mandatory to serve on the same lap or in the next one, otherwise it would be at the end as always in online races). After serving the penalty, I was in 4th position. My chances were pretty much doomed, so I risked everything to get the top 3 and get to the final. Started to the best laps and as soon as I caught Manuel (TRL_MANURODRY) he spun alone (probably due to the pressure but he did very well until that point) and then I caught the top 2 and stayed there cautiously because I didn't want to do anything silly... with 3rd place I was already in the final.

Manufactures final
1st race:

Grid position: 5th
Final position: 8th
I was paired with Michael (Michi_Jay) and Fabian (fab99gd) and was the team lead (because of the RedBull overall lap times). We were the 5th team to pick the car and we decided to pick the Porsche (not good for Monza but average in the Nordschleife we thought). Putting it simple, the team couldn't do any better very hard to keep up the speed with Porsche in this track (nothing we didn't know).

2nd race:

Track: Nurburgring 24h
Grid position: 8th
Final position: 5th
Same teams and starting with the result from the previous race. We decided that I would start the race and do 3laps, then Michael would be the 2nd driver with 2 laps and Fabian 3rd driver with 2 laps too, so 3.2.2. Everything went upside down, we did 2.1.2.2. I was saving fuel but I felt the tyres wouldn't last for the 3rd lap and as I didn't want to ruin my team mates race, I decided to change to the second driver after the second lap and I was planing to do a 2.2.2.1strategy as we did in the morning. But guess what, somehow, with the pressure of changing drivers quickly, I think we pressed the stop refuel button by mistake... Michael looked to me and pointed to the remaining fuel........ (we were so mad), luckily I saved 1 lap of fuel otherwise it could be our end there. Me and Fabian talked about what to do to compensate that we decided that I would do more 2 laps and he would finish the race. We managed to reach 2nd position before the pit stop but we knew some teams weren't pitting anymore. So at the end we lost some positions there and ended 5th, not bad after all.
Thanks to my team mates because they've driven very well, not big mistakes, and very clean driving.
Apologies to Uros (IRT_NissmanR32) for the huge accident between us but me and the Ferrari driver couldn't see him rejoining the track over the crest and we're full throttle there, we braked when we realised there's a car in the track... we had not enough time to avoid that. I wish they had the flags system enabled.
Apologies to another moment with the McLaren and the Toyota because seamed that the tyres in the McLaren in front of us were gone and Joost (Spark_43) was struggling to hold the car and at some point he was going in Ss and me and Toyota (Pierre - RC_Snake91) braked to not hit him but we touched each other. I should have given the place back to Pierre because it wasn't his fault neither mine, but now with cold thinking I should have done that, sorry Pierre.

Final results Manufactures:
1. BMW - RC_Atho/blabla_/mthomas_95
2. Nissan - Zkippe/cubertom/matuu79
3. Toyota - RC_Snake91/VP_Patohm/besteo88
4. Renault - PhAnToM-Taky/TRL_AUGH/mclaren6
5. Porsche - PUMPUNKU/Michi_Jay/fab99gd
6. Mercedes - TRL_Fuvaros/puupke/IRT_NissmanR32
7. McLaren - Georgio_/GTA_Tidgney/Spark_43
8. Subaru - force_ewerby/TRL_MANURODRY/RoKKoGSXR
9. Audi - desmania25081972/VP_bellof956/xqwYLOw82hGC
10. Ferrari - inseeekk/Benito-Raul/ART_ADRIAN21

Nations final
1st race:

Car: Audi TT Cup GR.4
Grid Position: 10th
Final Position: 2nd
I managed to do the 4th best time of the qualified top 10 (Nurburgring redbull race) so I was able to pick average cars to the final races.
Couldn't put a clean lap in the qualifier and only did the 9th best time (In the morning did 4th best time in practicing session, so I knew I had some pace). Strangely started from 10th position but the race wasn't cancelled... I wonder why!? because they did that in the 2nd race! Anyway, I didn't complaint... so everyone ignored it :ouch: . I though the only thing I could do was a non pit stop race and try to climb some positions with that. I didn't pushed to much exiting corners so that I wouldn't lose my front wheels at the end of the race and fortunately I managed that pretty well and fuel too and I was able to overtake Tarek (PhAnToM_Taky) at the end.

2nd race:
Car: BMW M3 Sport Evolution
Track: Interlagos
Grid Position: 2nd
Final Position: 8th
Never got a good start in this car, 1/4 of throttle and still spinning and then changing gears took too much time and wen't to 9th position before the 1st corner. In the morning I didn't pit but the tyres weren't manageable so I thought to pit in the real session (wrong decision). Anyway, lap 5 and I was 5th and organisers decided to stop the race because the positions were wrong again in the beginning :( ........ On the second try I only managed 8th! So frustrating, because my chances to make a podium decreased quite a bit with that. Every race had influence on the next one.

3rd race:
Car: Mazda GR.1
Grid Position: 8th
Final Position: 6th
Started the race well in the straight but in the first chicane there were too many cars side by side and we touched each other so I backed off to show the staff that I didn't gain anything with that and therefore tried to not get a penalty, lucky me that Angelo (desmania25081972) didn't lost positions too and we're under investigation but went through without any penalty. Before Ascari I braked at the end of the straight and the cars in front were going slow again so I turned into the grass there to not hit anyone 💡. After that I've put the knife between my teeth and went "all in". .. started to do the best laps of the race until the first pitstop and I was able to catch the guys again.. after that it was just managing the tyres and gain a bit in the pits, climbed 2 positions, so I was happy after all that happened in that race.

4th race:
Car: Nissan GT-R GR.3
Track: Lake Maggiore
Grid Position: 6th
Final Position: 7th
This race I knew I couldn't do anything special because the car wasn't competitive on this track. Too much understeer on fast corners and no tyres after the 6th lap (I should have pitted twice). I still blaming myself for the car choice, I had the chance to pick a better one! Edward managed to pass me with the BMW and I kept with him until the 6th lap and then he's gone. Patrik Blazan (TRL_Fuvaros) ended up behind me due to the crash he had and he said to me afterwards that he was struggling to pass me due to my straight speed, so I opened the door so that he could fight for the title, I followed him for a while and then I couldn't keep his pace (Mercedes was the best car there and he was also a super super driver). Later, Anthony (RC_Atho) who was fighting for the title too had a penalty and ended up with me, I did pretty much the same, didn't blocked him for too long and followed him because that wasn't my fight. To the end of the race I lost the tyres again and Martin (GTA_Tidgney) who pitted twice in the lambo managed to get on my back and it was a good fight until the end. One more lap and he would be able to overtake me for sure.

Final results:
1. Giorgio_57
2. TRL_Fuvaros
3. RC_Atho
4. desmania25081972
5. Zkippe
6. PUMPUNKU
7. PhAnToM_Taky
8. GTA_Tidgney
9. force_ewerby
10. VP_Bellof956

Final thoughts:
Thanks to Sony/PD for inviting me to this, it was an amazing event, best racing I've ever had and very well organised and it was live which is even more exciting. We did some good friends there, we drank some good beers together and laugh so much, it was such an amazing experience with everyone, event organisers, PD staff, race director(s), players, commentators, hotel waiters, etc.... Brilliant! Not to forget the 24h race which was so cool to see from the stand in the main straight :bowdown:

A special word to all the players who behaved very very well in the track. I know there were some contacts here and there, but everyone tried so hard to be fast, clean and make a good show for everyone. We can't blame any rough moment in any race because if it happened I'm sure it was against anyone's will. Penalties were most of the times very well applied, there's always room for discussion but... this is racing it happens in real life.

Ah... you gonna love the new tyre model. That's one of the reasons we were slower compared to normal times in the actual game, it was a different game.

Apologies if I miss spelled someone's names/PSNs... too many people to remember in such a short amount of time.

ps: for those who played GT5, you might know me as meagainstyou

Great and very very interesting write up from someone who was actually there. Thank you so much both for this and the entertainment you and the other drivers gave us (and still do as I watch the races again). I say it again these races were better than any I have seen in real life.

CJ

@pumpunku thanks for the amazing report! Can't wait for the next update to have a crack at the new tyre model. Love how you gave an overview of all races, and included the PSN of all the drivers. If Nik_Makozi comes across this, I think he'll be sending out friend requests to these guys very soon. :)

Back