Grand Turismo

  • Thread starter Thread starter manx
  • 5 comments
  • 606 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
17
Ok......we have been GT fans for a long while since day 1.

BUt......

what does Grand Turismo means ?? :confused:
 
It's not "Grand", it's "Gran". I believe "Gran Turismo" is Italian for "Grand Touring", which is the main type of real-world racing that GT represents. (i.e. most of the race cars in the game are grand touring cars, with a few LeMans cars, F1, etc, but mostly GT).
 
Jedi2016
It's not "Grand", it's "Gran". I believe "Gran Turismo" is Italian for "Grand Touring", which is the main type of real-world racing that GT represents. (i.e. most of the race cars in the game are grand touring cars, with a few LeMans cars, F1, etc, but mostly GT).

I'm not that keen on what this game offers, but I'm just curious, what does Gran Turismo or Grand Touring really means.

How do you define touring and grand touring? :confused:
 
It's just a name, as far as I know. Like "Formula One" or "Winston Cup" (or whatever they're calling it these days, it'll always be WC to me). The thing that sets it apart is that all of the cars are based on regular street vehicles. If you've played any of the GT games, you've seen many of the grand touring cars. Any race-modified street car (i.e. Castrol Supra, Falken Skyline, Raybrig NSX, etc), they're all grand touring race cars. It's just a type of racing, is all. Very popular everywhere except the U.S., so naturally I can't see any of them.

That's about all I know about GT racing.. and it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of it is wrong.. hehe. If you'd like to find out more, I'd suggest a simple internet search at Google. You'll find more there than we could ever provide.
 
Question answered 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back