GT Auto Lexus IS-F Cup by Yokohama; On Hold?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 461 comments
  • 22,526 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll totally disagree and say the current Lexus IS line is not really bad looking at all. :D

Oh, and the "Sport" package Camry's aren't all that bad either. :p
 
Uhh.... 💡

small-toyota-ft-86-gt5-2.jpg

You got me on this one. In my defense, I did forget about this car.
 
Oh, and the "Sport" package Camry's aren't all that bad either. :p


You would spend $30,000+ on this?:

2010ToyotaCamry-home_rdax_646x258.jpg


I know you said they "aren't all that bad", I am just curious if that means you would actually purchase one. I would never buy this Camry because everyday I drove by a store front window I would ask myself why I spent all this money on something I thought wasn't "all that bad".
 
I didn't say I would buy one, I just said they aren't "bad looking". :)

Edit: lowered with a nice set of wheels adds so much to a car.
 
So I take it you guys don't like the LF-A?

Toyota has a special place in my heart when it comes to design... ahhhhh Poo'pra.

As far as the last nice looking car they designed, imo... MR2 maybe?
I do like that last gen.
Other than that Toyota seems to be into soft lines and edges with wierd contours. Like the Celica... yuk and all of their best selling economy cars that look the same. Lexus looks very nice on the other hand. I'm a fan of the IS series and have been for a while so I like the look of the IS-F and the LFA and such.
 
I think for me the problem is the way the Japanese go about getting things done. The wonderful design by committee practice seems to be more miss than hit. It can produce beautiful cars but, unfortunately, it usually murders the next generation or just creates a completely awful new model. A lot of the time I think that Toyota cars are designed from either end and when they meet in the middle they just blend it together the best that they can.

I do find a lot of Honda's and Mazda's attractive, Nissan has a few attractive models also, so maybe it is just a personal Toyota hatred. I mean does anybody remember the Previa?

Edit: Oh and I do like the face of the IS but profile angle just ruins it for me. The IS-F just looks like it is trying too hard and when it boils down to it; epic fail.
 
I have a practice room up call GTP IS-F Series Practice
Room # 1472-6118-4130-9223-6039

Also Turbe my car is Black with Matte Red Rims
 
Yeah man, we had a blast as well! 👍
Thanks for showing up, and supporting another great series from R1600Turbo!! :dopey:

Trial Mountain was a fun track to run last night though, and like others had said in earlier posts, etc., I think it's a nice little change of pace from the 'Yata league! :)

Notmychoice, and I last night ended up staying on the track for another hour or so after everybody left, and started churning out some pretty quick times eventually.. Then we got bored, and started jumping over each other, on the last chicane, for fun :sly: :lol: Pics to come.... ;) hahaha

In for those pics!!
 
So I take it you guys don't like the LF-A?

With the time that it took them to execute that project, you could say that I was "unimpressed" with the results.
 
GTP Name: Paginas
PSN Name: Paginas
Car Colors (body/wheels): TBA (when i get home from work later)
Car Number: 19

Just got my colours...

In-Violet Metallic / Raspberry Red Pearl

By the way my girlfriend picked the colours lol
 
Last edited:
I have a practice room up call GTP IS-F Series Practice
Room # 1472-6118-4130-9223-6039

Also Turbe my car is Black with Matte Red Rims

Room still open.
 
Why did you name it GT Auto instead of GTP like the miata series?


Also my colors are British Racing Grun/Lotus Yellow 👍
 
Last edited:
We can hit 2:03.XXX at Suzuka full. There's a lot of room for improvement in tuning and just more optimized.

I wouldn't rule out sub two minute laps.
 
* GTP Name: reddawn_77
* PSN Name: reddawn_77
* Car Colors: Crystal Topaz/Chameleon Blue
* Car Number: 86
 
Why did you name it GT Auto instead of GTP like the miata series?

Figured with the sponsor logos on the car, might as well use them. :dopey:

Everyone giving me their info for signups will be updated in a couple hours.
 
Figured with the sponsor logos on the car, might as well use them. :dopey:

Everyone giving me their info for signups will be updated in a couple hours.

When i first read it I thought it said Grand Theft Auto
 
PSN : Rovered78
Colors : Grey/Green
Number : 8
This is going to be awesome!
 
GTP/PSN : GTP_FSport
Colors : Chameleon Orange / Mysterious Violet Pearl
#89
 
#99 - slicecom (slicecom) Matte Baby Blue/Black
 
Any guesstimates about Raceday? If its Sunday night, im good. Otherwise, friday afternoon is the only time im free.
 
Hey guys, anyone hosting practice tonight? I'm thinking of oppening a room after I get home in about 3 hours... So if anyone is interested I'll post the room's name and number in here!
 
Any guesstimates about Raceday? If its Sunday night, im good. Otherwise, friday afternoon is the only time im free.

I'm really really hoping for Sundays...
 
That gearbox is an abomination on an otherwise amazing car. My fingers are tired from changing gear every two seconds.


So much shifting.
 
Last edited:
I couldn't find it. Anyone want to open another?

I'm actually testing tracks right now so if someone else wants to open one...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back