GT Auto Lexus IS-F Cup by Yokohama; On Hold?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 461 comments
  • 22,556 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. 👍

How did that setup work for you? Worked great for me.

Anyone can sign up. There is a weekly qualifier to see who will race. The top 16 will make it.

Exactly. I know a lot of people are going to be disappointed that they cannot race officially on some weekends, but I just don't want the headache of trying to run two rooms again. Season 2 of Spec Miata will work this way as well. Now, I say officially because those that don't qualify are welcome to run their own races, they just will not have any points awarded towards the championship unless they are in the official room.

Also, I just updated the first post with a couple new drivers, and added the race lengths to the schedule.
 
GTP: MitchZ06
Psn: Mitch_Z06
Color: not sure yet/black
Number: 55
 
Last edited:
GTP: gtsmashbros
PSN: Cabriolet21

Saffron Yellow/Black
#73
 
GTP: MitchZ06
Psn: Mitch_Z06
Color: not sure yet/black
Number: 55

👍

GTP: gtsmashbros
PSN: Cabriolet21

Saffron Yellow/Black
#73

Number is already taken.

Also, I am thinking about doing qualifying on the Thursday before each race. Will that work for everyone? Please let me know.
 
I just need to know what time it is locally and I'll let you know.
 
GTP: MĂśLE_9242
PSN: MULE_9242 (regular U)
Colour: Blue-Graphit Pearleffekt / Silver
Number: #93
 
I just need to know what time it is locally and I'll let you know.

Probably 10pm eastern USA time. Not sure what time it would be for you. I tried understanding the whole GMT thing and I got lost, so I gave up trying to use it.
 
Probably 10pm eastern USA time. Not sure what time it would be for you. I tried understanding the whole GMT thing and I got lost, so I gave up trying to use it.

Thats 3am GMT and theres no way im gunna stay awake for that lol
 
I could do it on a Saturday afternoon, but I doubt everyone is going to say home on a Saturday. I want to avoid doing it on the same day as the race though.
 
Hopefully it doesn't change, 5pm on Sunday is perfect haha.
 
How will the qualifying go? Would we have a time frame to submit a final time like in WRS? Just curious is all.
 
How will the qualifying go? Would we have a time frame to submit a final time like in WRS? Just curious is all.

No idea at the moment. I just don't have the time to confirm everyone's laps.

Edit: I could just take the top 16 times for the race as stated before, and have the top 5 qualifiers send me their replay.
 
Last edited:
👍



Number is already taken.

Also, I am thinking about doing qualifying on the Thursday before each race. Will that work for everyone? Please let me know.

I can't do Thursdays, any other day is fine though.
 
No idea at the moment. I just don't have the time to confirm everyone's laps.

Edit: I could just take the top 16 times for the race as stated before, and have the top 5 qualifiers send me their replay.

Maybe we can get a few members to review times on Thursday and Friday. If you need help, I should be able to help you out on reviewing times.
 
Turbo, not to beat a dead horse but I just remembered Clarkson's quote regarding the Camry and had to throw it out there:

"Whenever I’m suffering from insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I’m straight off."

... Not that Jeremy Clarkson is the definitive eye when it comes to auto design.
 
Here are some of the pictures, that I said I'd post from the 'after party' of our first practice room, specifically for IS-F Spec.

This was me and 'notmychoice' (aka; GTP_SOHNVONSTIG) :lol:
One of the reasons why Trial Mountain should not be used in the series..... hahahaha 👍


Trial%20Mountain%20Circuit.jpg


Trial%20Mountain%20Circuit.jpg


Trial%20Mountain%20Circuit.jpg



^and yes, those are indeed, tire marks going up the middle of his hood... ROFLMAO ;)
 
I really don't think there'd be a problem just holding qualifying sessions whenever you decide to pop up online. They'd be official in that you would be the steward making sure it's a clean lap in a controlled environment.

Just post that you're gonna be online and anyone registered here can qualify for as long as you'd want to let them. No reason to stress a certain date and time. You can hold official sessions toward the end of the week each week starting Wed. or Thursday or whenever.

People that aren't usually on when you are can just PM you and ask when you might do another session so they can plan their chance. Should be simple just using PSN and GTP here. I'm sure you could get everyone quali'd up quickly and efficiently that way.
 
hmmm the race starts for me at Monday 21st feb at 2 am... kinda bad timing for me.

Perhaps we could make a EU and US group to get some more convinient timing?

Chris
 
Or why don't you ask people who are WANTING to qualify, this:

Have the aforementioned qualifiers, create an online room for themselves.
Give them a certain criteria to make the regulations, track settings, car limitations, etc.
Have them run a race, by themselves (1 person), with their IS-F Spec car, on the given track used for the qualifying/event.
And then once they've ran their best time, make them responsible for saving their replay (used for verification-purposes, if need be).

And pretty much, once you announce/post the above-mentioned single-person-online-event regulations, settings, specs, so they can create their own room, and run their own qualifying. THEN, that will be the said 'start time' for entrants to start the qualifying process. You can then post, in that same announcement (of the above), that 'qualifying times/replays' will not be accepted/valid after __/__/2011 @ __:__am/pm. And BOOM, consider THAT, to be the window of time, entrants have to conduct, complete, and submit their best qualifying time.

Done deal.


And I say, that in the post that the entrant(s), post their Qualifying Time, to be in the format:

GTP SN: UserBob
PSN ID: UserBob69
Time: 1:23.123
LINK to my saved replay file


That way, it's public, and can be seen amongst their competition/colleagues! 👍
Plus, it helps to intra-manage the qualifying process, and recording of official qualifying times... Say, if some 'OCD-Bob' on the forums, wants to go through and micro-manage/keep track of the qualifying times, then.. hey, that's no sweat off your back, Turbo!! ;) :lol:

It helps make it more of a community-effort, and less of a personal effort, on ANY ONE individuals part :D
 
I'm thinking simpler than that. Think we're just going to do a "submit a lap time" procedure and require people to save the replay from their lap. If I have anybody that looks to have an advantage of some sort giving them super fast laps, they have to send me their replay.

That requires me to put a lot of trust in people, but any other way is just too complicated.
 
I'm thinking simpler than that. Think we're just going to do a "submit a lap time" procedure and require people to save the replay from their lap. If I have anybody that looks to have an advantage of some sort giving them super fast laps, they have to send me their replay.

That requires me to put a lot of trust in people, but any other way is just too complicated.

:sly: What no stage 3 turbos???? :( hahahaha
J.K.

Yeah, well you get the point I was trying to make, though.. I mean, right? :)
 
Yeah, well you get the point I was trying to make, though.. I mean, right? :)

Yes, but there is the whole trust issue again with telling people how to set up their room. Who knows if they will even do it correctly?

I think I'm going to do it they way I said in my last post, giving everyone from Wednesday to Friday to get their time squared away, then making a submission deadline of Friday evening. That way I can get it sorted out before Sunday's race.
 
Yes, but there is the whole trust issue again with telling people how to set up their room. Who knows if they will even do it correctly?

I think I'm going to do it they way I said in my last post, giving everyone from Wednesday to Friday to get their time squared away, then making a submission deadline of Friday evening. That way I can get it sorted out before Sunday's race.

👍 And we can help review replays, if needed Turbo! Or..... at least, I'm willing to help! :dopey: lol
 
Oh.... AND, I finally got my paint chips sorted out.. Whew.



Staying true to my Spec Miata livery ;)

Ahrweiler%20Gate.jpg
 
I might brighten up the orange on my wheels tonight. Make it a bit more "flashy".
 
Diff setting adjustments help this car a great deal. Mine is still breaking in. Broke the 500 hp barrier last night. Still have another 12 to pick up I think?
 
I need a little more practice online(and an IS-F) before I consider something like this. I love the involvement though:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back