GT Auto Lexus IS-F Cup by Yokohama; On Hold?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 461 comments
  • 22,540 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with the open room is that you can't varify the laptimes, it has to be done in race, making it possible to have one spectator for each driver.. Or did you meen in race?

If every driver has a spectator mintoring the laps, the laps can be official in an instant, as long as the laps are clean

Like you said, in free fun. It should be just like we've been doing it in the Spec Miata series lately. We run the laps in free run to let people hop in and out. Everyone else in the room acts as live scrutinizers so it's all good and easy and toasty and woah.
 
Like you said, in free fun. It should be just like we've been doing it in the Spec Miata series lately. We run the laps in free run to let people hop in and out. Everyone else in the room acts as live scrutinizers so it's all good and easy and toasty and woah.

👍
 
Like you said, in free fun. It should be just like we've been doing it in the Spec Miata series lately. We run the laps in free run to let people hop in and out. Everyone else in the room acts as live scrutinizers so it's all good and easy and toasty and woah.


:)👍
 
Like you said, in free fun. It should be just like we've been doing it in the Spec Miata series lately. We run the laps in free run to let people hop in and out. Everyone else in the room acts as live scrutinizers so it's all good and easy and toasty and woah.

Yes, but how do you keep track of the laptimes if the laptimes are set in free run?

I suggested that the laps was done In-race, with a spectator to every driver. In that way, more cars can be on the track at the same time, and the laptimes will be under contol from the spectator.. Am I way off? :scared:
 
Yes, but how do you keep track of the laptimes if the laptimes are set in free run?

I suggested that the laps was done In-race, with a spectator to every driver. In that way, more cars can be on the track at the same time, and the laptimes will be under contol from the spectator.. Am I way off? :scared:

Free run has live timing in spectator mode that everyone can view. RT just wrote down everyone's times as we did them and used our best to qualify us into position. In free run you can have just as many cars without the hassle of having to restart races every time as well as eliminating the whole draft fiasco - for consistency.
 
Here's mine: (Forgive me, got no idea on what most of the camera controls mean)
24928285.jpg

42732367.jpg

83771149.jpg
 
Hi! got a low post count but i would love to get in on this since I missed out on the Spec miata race due to illness...
 
Free run has live timing in spectator mode that everyone can view. RT just wrote down everyone's times as we did them and used our best to qualify us into position. In free run you can have just as many cars without the hassle of having to restart races every time as well as eliminating the whole draft fiasco - for consistency.

Ok... Now its making more sense, thank's for braking it down!
 
Ok, tomorrow I will open a practice lobby open to all. I will create it around 4:30-5pm Eastern Time depending on how long it takes to end school. I will run Fuji F.

Just to confirm I will post a message on this board when I will actually create it. The lobby will be named GTP Lexus Challenge and I will post the lobby number tomorrow.

And I did a few laps today on Grand Valley to compare with MÜLE_9242's time and I was surprise of the time I achieved. The first lap I did was a 1'53.5xx. My best of the session ended up to be 1'52.468. It would be interesting if many people also tried on Grand Valley so everyone could have an idea of how they are compared to the others.
 
I hope I'm not too late?
GTP: GenkoMaxx
PSN: maximus254
Car Colors (body/wheels): Stratoshpere Blue (PM)/ black
Car Number: 18
 
Genko!!!
 
:D You remember me?
 
If any one wants to join i have a room open 1472-6681-3716-3556-1948
 
Ok, tomorrow I will open a practice lobby open to all. I will create it around 4:30-5pm Eastern Time depending on how long it takes to end school. I will run Fuji F.

Just to confirm I will post a message on this board when I will actually create it. The lobby will be named GTP Lexus Challenge and I will post the lobby number tomorrow.

And I did a few laps today on Grand Valley to compare with MÜLE_9242's time and I was surprise of the time I achieved. The first lap I did was a 1'53.5xx. My best of the session ended up to be 1'52.468. It would be interesting if many people also tried on Grand Valley so everyone could have an idea of how they are compared to the others.

i did 10 laps n my best was 1'51.944, there are still a few tenths there.
 
New drivers added, qualifying schedule posted, and I changed my color slightly. :D
 
Free run has live timing in spectator mode that everyone can view. RT just wrote down everyone's times as we did them and used our best to qualify us into position. In free run you can have just as many cars without the hassle of having to restart races every time as well as eliminating the whole draft fiasco - for consistency.

Ok, so once you get in the free run, you need to do your paps instantly? If, not, some drivers might qualify with a lot less fuel, making the times set unfair.. But as long as the laps are don instantly and the laptimes can be recorded, I'm with that idea. 👍
 
Ok, tomorrow I will open a practice lobby open to all. I will create it around 4:30-5pm Eastern Time depending on how long it takes to end school. I will run Fuji F.

Just to confirm I will post a message on this board when I will actually create it. The lobby will be named GTP Lexus Challenge and I will post the lobby number tomorrow.

And I did a few laps today on Grand Valley to compare with MÜLE_9242's time and I was surprise of the time I achieved. The first lap I did was a 1'53.5xx. My best of the session ended up to be 1'52.468. It would be interesting if many people also tried on Grand Valley so everyone could have an idea of how they are compared to the others.

I did a 1:51.7XX.. Guess that there is a high 1:50 with a clean lap.
But these times are set in practice mode. It will be something else online..
 
Basically, you enter the track (in free run) and run the pit-out lap, then the first two timed laps. I can watch using the timing monitor and I will record the lap times while you run. The best one get's saved and that will determine your starting spot.
 
Basically, you enter the track (in free run) and run the pit-out lap, then the first two timed laps. I can watch using the timing monitor and I will record the lap times while you run. The best one get's saved and that will determine your starting spot.

aha, ok.. 👍👍
 
I did a 1:51.7XX.. Guess that there is a high 1:50 with a clean lap.
But these times are set in practice mode. It will be something else online..

Looks like I have work to do, then.

Also, I might decide to switch up the colours of my car. I feel like I have too many cars that are that shade of blue now.
 
MÜLE_9242;4693369
Looks like I have work to do, then.

Also, I might decide to switch up the colours of my car. I feel like I have too many cars that are that shade of blue now.

Haha, wait until the fast guys start reporting their lap-times.. I think we both need to work on our lap-times :)

With some tuning and a lot of laps, I think that we can imrove quite a bit.. 👍
 
Oh well it seems like I will need much more practice and a better setup if I want to compete!:scared: I'll see today, with people that will come today in the practice lobby, what I can do on Fuji.
 
I'm interested in this. White/Black for me. 👍
 
1:43.9xx on Fuji F,
But then again, She still understeers. >.<

[EDIT/]
o: 1:42.xxx
 
Last edited:
This is gonna be a very competitive season, we have a lot of drivers signed up. I need to finish and submit my times for WRS Qualifier. But would anyone like to practice tonight in my lounge from 8:00pm to 9:30pm PST? If so, just shoot me a friend invite on PSN. And we'll get some good practice in tonight.
 
This sounds great, good work! Just a shame I can't join as I'm from the UK & the times would be way to late for me. Good luck to all who enter & I hope to see some video posted up soon after race 1.


👍
 
Ok, tomorrow I will open a practice lobby open to all. I will create it around 4:30-5pm Eastern Time depending on how long it takes to end school. I will run Fuji F.

This is gonna be a very competitive season, we have a lot of drivers signed up. I need to finish and submit my times for WRS Qualifier. But would anyone like to practice tonight in my lounge from 8:00pm to 9:30pm PST? If so, just shoot me a friend invite on PSN. And we'll get some good practice in tonight.

^^^ lapierre4 will have a room open tonight. Not sure how long it will be open, but just FYI. Whatever room is open, I'll be in there as well.

Edit: Also, we have a lot of people signed up, but in my experience only about half actually commit to the series.
 
Oh nice, although I won't be home from work till at least 7pm. Night sessions!! haha
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back