GT Auto Lexus IS-F Cup by Yokohama; On Hold?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 461 comments
  • 22,530 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a little more practice online(and an IS-F) before I consider something like this. I love the involvement though:)

I can gift you a IS-F tomorrow if you want. You should compete anyways, new or veteran. The only way you can get better is to try.
 
Any practice rooms going on right now?

also, here's a pic of my car. Ran a 1:53.879 at Grand Valley.

grandvalleyspeedway.jpg
 
MÜLE_9242;4689699
Any practice rooms going on right now?

also, here's a pic of my car. Ran a 1:53.879 at Grand Valley.

grandvalleyspeedway.jpg

Nice car 👍

Is that laptime set online?
 
Nope. Practice mode in GT Life.
 
MÜLE_9242;4689763
Nope. Practice mode in GT Life.

Lap times Online will be slower, just FYI. If you didn't know that already. A good way to practice with the online physics without dealing with a public room is to use your personal Lounge. It's like having your own room, without people (other than your friends) bugging you.
 
Lap times Online will be slower, just FYI. If you didn't know that already. A good way to practice with the online physics without dealing with a public room is to use your personal Lounge. It's like having your own room, without people (other than your friends) bugging you.

Didn't know that, actually. Thanks for the tip. haha
 
MÜLE_9242;4689815
Didn't know that, actually. Thanks for the tip. haha

Yeah it's quite frustrating actually. I have a tune for this car that works great offline, but is massive understeer online requiring a completely different tune.
 
I can gift you a IS-F tomorrow if you want. You should compete anyways, new or veteran. The only way you can get better is to try.

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it, but no thanks. I have the money for one, just haven't gotten around to getting one. I think I'll also consider racing in the cup as well. :)
 
Looks like fun. Count me in.

GTP: DOUQA
PSN: GTP_DOUQA
Colour: BLACK/BLACK
Number: 17
 
Yes, but there is the whole trust issue again with telling people how to set up their room. Who knows if they will even do it correctly?

I think I'm going to do it they way I said in my last post, giving everyone from Wednesday to Friday to get their time squared away, then making a submission deadline of Friday evening. That way I can get it sorted out before Sunday's race.

Ok... So! How do I save qualifying laps? I guess we do solo race runs and record?...
 
Jav
Ok... So! How do I save qualifying laps? I guess we do solo race runs and record?...

Offline practice mode, save ghost lap.

However, doing it this way you will need two different setups for the car. One to use offline and one to use online.
 
Would join, but it's on Sundays and I could only make like, 2 races.

Oh, and Chris took the colors I wanted... :lol:
 
Offline practice mode, save ghost lap.

However, doing it this way you will need two different setups for the car. One to use offline and one to use online.

I know! So till when do we have to submit our laps and what track?
 
Some pics on my car.. Usually Nr: 11 (Damn Vardez!! :))
IS-F002.jpg

IS-F001.jpg
 
Jav
I know! So till when do we have to submit our laps and what track?

We're still a couple weeks out. Schedule is posted on the first page. (except for qualifying, which will likely be a few days before)

Edit: This thread was supposed to be just an interest check, which has blown up. Spec Miata was the same way, and now I can hardly get the rooms full. Go figure.
 
Good pics. I hate though how it looks like the skirts and lips were zip tied on.. why wont they color match them?
 
About the qualy.. I suggest live qualification, 3 laps, 10 cars at a time.
Under surveilance from a steward offcourse.. Just use the same room, and go by number order.. first 10 numbers this time, when they have done their laps, just put in the next ten on the list.. Should take about 15 minutes/set.. So with in mind that not all drivers will race every time, it shoul take about 1 hour..
 
Would anyone be interested in organizing a practice race this Friday on Fuji?

I think we would all need as much practice together as possible. This way we can learn as much about different driver's racing styles as we can. And get familiar with learning how to follow closely in these high performance, nervous natured, race cars.

I'm thinking same time as the scheduled races. 8:00 EST this Friday? It's not official obviously so anyone who shows up can just race. We'll be holding a simple live qualifier before the race since it's no biggie.

We could try them again in frequencies a few days apart maybe.
 
Would anyone be interested in organizing a practice race this Friday on Fuji?

I think we would all need as much practice together as possible. This way we can learn as much about different driver's racing styles as we can. And get familiar with learning how to follow closely in these high performance, nervous natured, race cars.

I'm thinking same time as the scheduled races. 8:00 EST this Friday? It's not official obviously so anyone who shows up can just race. We'll be holding a simple live qualifier before the race since it's no biggie.

We could try them again in frequencies a few days apart maybe.
THIS 👍


and LVS, I agree on that note, as well... I mean, if not color match, for GOD-SAKE, Carbon Fiber..... PLEASE?? :yuck:
 
Good pics. I hate though how it looks like the skirts and lips were zip tied on.. why wont they color match them?

Thanks!

yes, I know, but on the other hand, some of the RM's look great with the skirts and lips in different colors.. Maybe the matte black color is a bad comination.. The Tuscan Speed 6 RM, and the Camaro 69 looks awsome in matte black, and the skirts as well... Guess the IS-F skirts and lips just are bad looking..
 
About the qualy.. I suggest live qualification, 3 laps, 10 cars at a time.
Under surveilance from a steward offcourse.. Just use the same room, and go by number order.. first 10 numbers this time, when they have done their laps, just put in the next ten on the list.. Should take about 15 minutes/set.. So with in mind that not all drivers will race every time, it shoul take about 1 hour..

I'll definitely look into this. Thanks. 👍

Oh, and I'm in for the practice race. Got nothing better to do. :p
 
We're still a couple weeks out. Schedule is posted on the first page. (except for qualifying, which will likely be a few days before)

Edit: This thread was supposed to be just an interest check, which has blown up. Spec Miata was the same way, and now I can hardly get the rooms full. Go figure.

I get you, for my part I'm in school till 11:30, so I get home at about 11:50PM, I'm off on Fridays trough Sundays so if you get a room going I'm in!!
 
I'll definitely look into this. Thanks. 👍

Oh, and I'm in for the practice race. Got nothing better to do. :p

Correction: 16 drivers at a time in the room.. every driver has one spectator, cause the laps are set in race.. And when the first 8 have done their 3 flying laps, just swap positions.. Then change the 16 with 16 new drivers, do the same procedure again, until all drivers have a qualy-time..

The spectator decides if the laps are clean or dirty, a replay is always saved for second opinions if something is not 100% clear, or if the spectator or driver for that matter is insecure if the lap was clean or not.

EDIT: Make sure that one person in the room gets asigned to save the replay.. Or else it will be forgotten.. Everybody should save the replay if you ask me.. Just delete it after all qualy-times are official if you don't want it.
 
Any practice today?
 
I may actually just do this:
  • Three open qualifying rooms. One on Thursday night, one on Friday night, and one on Saturday afternoon. (for the Euro folks)
  • Each open for one hour.
  • You come in, do your two timed laps, then leave.

Should be more than enough time and good enough schedule to get everyone in.
 
I may actually just do this:
  • Three open qualifying rooms. One on Thursday night, one on Friday night, and one on Saturday afternoon. (for the Euro folks)
  • Each open for one hour.
  • You come in, do your two timed laps, then leave.

Should be more than enough time and good enough schedule to get everyone in.
A big two 👍👍's up for that one.

I really think this will become to golden standard for qualifying online race series in GT5, as of now. Who know's what they'll change in future updates? Any logical changes to online mode should make things a lot better.
 
I may actually just do this:
  • Three open qualifying rooms. One on Thursday night, one on Friday night, and one on Saturday afternoon. (for the Euro folks)
  • Each open for one hour.
  • You come in, do your two timed laps, then leave.

Should be more than enough time and good enough schedule to get everyone in.
So, are we going to qualify on race conditions?? Like do a 2 lap solo race?
 
I may actually just do this:
  • Three open qualifying rooms. One on Thursday night, one on Friday night, and one on Saturday afternoon. (for the Euro folks)
  • Each open for one hour.
  • You come in, do your two timed laps, then leave.

Should be more than enough time and good enough schedule to get everyone in.

The problem with the open room is that you can't varify the laptimes, it has to be done in race, making it possible to have one spectator for each driver.. Or did you meen in race?

If every driver has a spectator mintoring the laps, the laps can be official in an instant, as long as the laps are clean
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back