GT Mobile videos - now with cockpit view

• Thread starter Dazzla
  • 260 comments
GT Mobile = GT4 cars + 100 new ones from GT5P/Lambo/Bugatti.

Pagani was already in GT4 ;)

OK, so that means 100 new cars. 70 from GT5P. 100-70=30 new cars not seen in GT4 or GT5P before including the lambo's and bugatti.
That would mean no new Golf GTI, Audi RS6, BMW M6, Nissan 370Z, Mercedes C63, Mercedes SLR 722, etc. etc. :nervous:
That would end it for me then, when it comes to GT psp

GT PSP is becoming more and more something that we will all . .

jiss-in-my-pants-295x300.jpg

when we get it :sly:

Finally a Nurburgring video:

Cockpit cam in this one for a second or two as well. So it definitely appears that the cockpit cam is pretty much just a dashboard view. No wheel or other parts of the interior.

This game in motion is beautiful, screenshots really only tell half the story.

I think they are doing the right thing not having a wheel considering the size of the screen, good to see wing mirror working properly too.

Short Nurb vid from Gamescom:

(same as above but bigger ;))
[YOUTUBEhd]kHfadCB4B64[/YOUTUBEhd]

Last edited:
I'm in Heaven, I would have never imagine to see a dashboard view in the PSP game!!!
that's a great news!!!

How did they put a cockpit view in GT PSP!?

Polyphony never ceases to amaze me. Well, except for the damage in GT5 issue. Then they definitely ceased to amaze me.

Easy, they just move the camera inside of the car, its the same 3d model, as you can see theres not dials, wheel or anything, all black, in terms of poligons and textures, resources theres no difference to play with the 3rd person cam.

Its a nice touch but is not an amazing complicated thing to do. In Xbox 1 you could hack the cam on PGR2 (with a modded xbox) to get the cockpit view, it was just moving the cam (but end up in the middle of the car and not on the driver position).

Did I just catch a glimpse of a cockpit view in that clip???? WOWOWEEWAH!!!:lol: I have to go pre-order quick.... My PSP has become a luxury paperweight.... Time to dust if off and fire it up again... :D Oct. 1st 2009 .... """marks calender""

This is the real news of the day, not damage.

Sadly, I'm in minority here today.

Your not in minority my friend, everyones comments about GT5 have not made me interested at all, I'll judge the game at the end of the day when it's in my consoles drive regardless of other peoples comments, I'm very impressed by this and and In Cockpit view has been the most surprising GT News of the day for me, I'm very happy that'll i'll have a dash board whilst racing on the London Underground or sitting in a Toyota Yaris whilst driving a Toyota Yaris in game aswell, Certainly impressed with PD!

I must say I am more looking forward to playing GTM on the go than waiting for GT5. Been a long time since the PSP got some good games.

OK all my needs to finish wipeout pulse are gone now. Cockpit view in Gtpsp looks really nice. Never expected it to be in there. :D

Easy, they just move the camera inside of the car, its the same 3d model, as you can see theres not dials, wheel or anything, all black, in terms of poligons and textures, resources theres no difference to play with the 3rd person cam.

Its a nice touch but is not an amazing complicated thing to do. In Xbox 1 you could hack the cam on PGR2 (with a modded xbox) to get the cockpit view, it was just moving the cam (but end up in the middle of the car and not on the driver position).

Thanks I see that now, at first I thought it was a fully modeled interior. Still great though.

Wow what a crap vid... there they go pushing more non PSP gameplay screens in a way that basically leads you to believe that's what you will see.

I don't think there was a single in game shot for PSP in that whole video. And the claim that no other game has real cars? Hello.... Toca has plenty of cars on the PSP... not to the extent this does but come on...

THIS IS NOT PSP GAMEPLAY.... stop dreaming!

Wow what a crap vid... there they go pushing more non PSP gameplay screens in a way that basically leads you to believe that's what you will see.

I don't think there was a single in game shot for PSP in that whole video. And the claim that no other game has real cars? Hello.... Toca has plenty of cars on the PSP... not to the extent this does but come on...

Rubbish you two cannot claim nothing, All in game shots minus the FMV Sequences are real in game footage, Was there an 09 GTR V-Spec in GT4? No. Just because you think it's no way near to look as good as it's stated to me doesnt mean it isnt. You can clearly see the differences all especially on that Subaru on the Rally Track, The textures are far from GT4 but look extremely good on a handheld. Real cars, When he says Real Cars he means every day cars you see around you from a Peugeot 206 to a Nissan Skyline, Of course other PSP games have had cars like these in them but has any other handheld device carried these amount of cars 800? No. The game has alot of Cars you wont ever see in any other racing game on the PSP. Get your facts straight. You cannot compare TOCA to Gran Turismo. That's just laughable.

Rubbish you two cannot claim nothing, All in game shots minus the FMV Sequences are real in game footage, Was there an 09 GTR V-Spec in GT4? No. Just because you think it's no way near to look as good as it's stated to me doesnt mean it isnt. You can clearly see the differences all especially on that Subaru on the Rally Track, The textures are far from GT4 but look extremely good on a handheld. Real cars, When he says Real Cars he means every day cars you see around you from a Peugeot 206 to a Nissan Skyline, Of course other PSP games have had cars like these in them but has any other handheld device carried these amount of cars 800? No. The game has alot of Cars you wont ever see in any other racing game on the PSP. Get your facts straight. You cannot compare TOCA to Gran Turismo. That's just laughable.

Agree with you, but let's admit that the game will not look exactly that good, the footage is kinda touched a little bit.

Come on, just look at the Gamescon video's, GTM looks good but not as good as in that video.

Agree with you, but let's admit that the game will not look exactly that good, the footage is kinda touched a little bit.

I beleive that they wont look 100% as that trailer sampled since you cant get a HD Version PSP Screen and that video is in HD. They've been touched for the Big Screen since this trailer was released on the PSN Network. People would just moan if it was PSP Resolution on a 40" TV for example if you can get my meaning. The game looks impressive but no one can honestly say that trailer has no in game elements of GT PSP at all. I want to hear PD's motives on these type of trailers as I noticed it's a very tacky Americanised Trailer to fit in with the USA Scene of course. I dout Kaz would release a Trailer like that if it was up to him but of course thats his Marketing teams work and Sony's.

Back