GT pre-order details out.

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 170 comments
Right I'm a little confused in terms of Pre Orders for the UK

I'll be buying the new PSP Go on release from Gamestation. Of course with Sony's announcement about getting Gran Turismo PSP for Free if you register the PSP Go's unit inbetween the dates of 1st October to the 10th October. As soon as I register the unit will I have to wait for the Downloadable Code to be sent to me or will it instantly appear on my PSN Account?
Based on how other things have worked regarding voucher codes I imagine it will work one of two ways:

1) You register your system and it says, "Congratulations, here is a voucher code for Gran Turismo. A copy of this code has also been sent to your email."

2) It tells you thank you and then sometime in the next week the code will appear in the email you used when you registered.

But they may do it completely differently. I don't know.

And also since i'm getting the game Free, How will I obtain the special extra cars through the way i'm getting the game?
Since it isn't a pre-order I doubt you will. But as you are getting the game for free, don't expect much sympathy.

But I could also be wrong about this.

This is all just guesses at this point.

pre order from amazon u get the ferrari

or

pre order from gamestop n get the bugatti
Yes, and Game Crazy has the Lamborghini Countach.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=118810&page=4

Welcome to GTPlanet. Just a friendly warning: Avoid using text speak ("u" "n" etc.) as it is a violation of rules, and they do ask that you attempt proper English, including proper usage of capital letters.
https://www.gtplanet.net/aup/

Doing that will help you avoid any unpleasent run ins with the moderators.

I'm just mad at GAME, i pre-ordered about 5 days after the announcement, and i'm sick of going there to know if they really are giving the bonus codes, and day after day after day, they still know nothing about those :grumpy:

All the local game related stores around here don't have a clue. I'm seriously thinking of getting some prints of the playstation blog page and stick them to their foreheads.

I'm just mad at GAME, i pre-ordered about 5 days after the announcement, and i'm sick of going there to know if they really are giving the bonus codes, and day after day after day, they still know nothing about those :grumpy:

All the local game related stores around here don't have a clue. I'm seriously thinking of getting some prints of the playstation blog page and stick them to their foreheads.
Is Game one of the retailers in the promotion? Their Web site doesn't show it and the EU PlayStation Blog doesn't actually mention any specific retailers yet.

Getting mad at Game seems rather pointless, unless you have information that I can't find.

well i even went to the local gamestop retailer, wich has been referenced here a couple of times, the worst case scenario is that here we dont get the bonus codes around here, or i need to wait a little longer in september to go there again . .

On the Subject of the pre-order cars. If anybody gets the Countach, R35 or the Citroen GT I will likely have the Veyron and Enzo up for trade assuming I can clone my savegame. So drop me a Message if you would like to trade when the game is released.

PS. Still haven't been able to clarify with my local retailer if there is indeed a Collectors edition GT PSP. Their internal memo says yes, but their website link to it has since been removed.

well i even went to the local gamestop retailer, wich has been referenced here a couple of times, the worst case scenario is that here we dont get the bonus codes around here, or i need to wait a little longer in september to go there again . .
The only people to mention GameStop so far have been in the US. Sony Europe and Sony US run their own things separately.

Technically, the stuff I found for the US isn't official yet and I only found them on the retailers' Web sites. I haven't pre ordered yet because I am waiting to for the official details in case there is some kind of collector's edition.

Does anyone know if its possible to get them if you want to purchase through PSN? I want to buy it digitaly, mainly because I've been playing all my games on my PSP that way, the UMD sucks so much battery and is so loud.

Does anyone know if its possible to get them if you want to purchase through PSN? I want to buy it digitaly, mainly because I've been playing all my games on my PSP that way, the UMD sucks so much battery and is so loud.
In a response to a comment on the PlayStation Blog they said that they would be doing something for that.

25 - gators625 | August 4th, 2009 at 7:37 am
Hopefully you guys have something special for those of us purchasing the PSPgo and buying the PSN version. Right?

Stephanie Yoshimoto replied on August 4, 2009 at 4:07 pm
Yes. For those who are planning to purchase Gran Turismo from the PlayStation Network as a download, we will be able to share our plans for you shortly, but rest assured you are not forgotten.

Gamestop has the Veyron, eh? Does this include EB Games as well then? I live in Canada and EB is pretty much GS here (although I think there are some GS stores somewhere; I've never seen any though).

Good thing I pre-order all my games from Play.com...

Pre-Order Gran Turismo PSP from Play.com and receive a unique code to unlock 4 exclusive car colours. Codes and instructions will be emailed week of release.

Gamestop has the Veyron, eh? Does this include EB Games as well then? I live in Canada and EB is pretty much GS here (although I think there are some GS stores somewhere; I've never seen any though).
EB was bought by GameStop some years ago. At least in the US, they are the same company. Whether I go to GameStop.com or EBgames.com they both have the Veyron for the US.

But why would someone buy the game from PSN when they can get it for 'free' with a PSP Go?
Because some of us already own a PSP and don't feel the game is worth $250 when we can just pay $40.

Because some of us already own a PSP and don't feel the game is worth $250 when we can just pay $40.

True, but wouldn't you rather get the UMD then the PSN download?
I'm not that knowledged about the 'older' PSPs, but can you buy full games off PSN?

Also, that was a respond towards this question: "Hopefully you guys have something special for those of us purchasing the PSPgo and buying the PSN version. Right?"

So the PSP Go owners will get something special AND the game for free?
It wouldn't make much sense if you had to pre-order it.

True, but wouldn't you rather get the UMD then the PSN download?
I'm not that knowledged about the 'older' PSPs, but can you buy full games off PSN?
I will personally be more likely to get the UMD, but the advantage of download over UMD are that the UMD drive is a battery hog and the digital downloads will load faster.

And yes, you can download full games off the PSN. There are a handful of PSP games that are download only. You just need a large enough Memory Stick. I personally have Beats and have downloaded about 175MB of DLC for Rock Band Unplugged.

Also, that was a respond towards this question: "Hopefully you guys have something special for those of us purchasing the PSPgo and buying the PSN version. Right?"

So the PSP Go owners will get something special AND the game for free?
It wouldn't make much sense if you had to pre-order it.
Well, the free game is, so far, Europe only and that comment was from the US blog. But even so, if a free game is not something special in place of a pre-order bonus, then I don't know what is.

I will personally be more likely to get the UMD, but the advantage of download over UMD are that the UMD drive is a battery hog and the digital downloads will load faster.

And yes, you can download full games off the PSN. There are a handful of PSP games that are download only. You just need a large enough Memory Stick. I personally have Beats and have downloaded about 175MB of DLC for Rock Band Unplugged.

Well, the free game is, so far, Europe only and that comment was from the US blog. But even so, if a free game is not something special in place of a pre-order bonus, then I don't know what is.

Sorry, I forgot that it was EU-only :) Makes more sense that way.

When you think about £130(ish) for a PSP3000 plus £20(ish) for GT PSP. It's still alot cheaper.
In the US you can get a PSP 3000 GT bundle for $200, $50 less than the PSP Go, and your PSP 3000 will have a very teeny, tiny GT logo on the front too.

PD havn't said what the size of save data will be.
Will UMD owners get to save the whole game to memory stick for faster load times?

PD havn't said what the size of save data will be.
Will UMD owners get to save the whole game to memory stick for faster load times?
If it does it then it will be the first PSP game to do it.

I have yet to have a PSP game save that was very large.

The biggest game save i had was for Colin Mcrae 2005 plus, about 4Mb.

The Go!Explore gps application had the feature to copy the database from the umd to the memory stick to provide faster loading times (about 1 Gb of maps if i'm not mistaken), but i don't think they would do that to an actual game. .if the game actually comes out with less than a Gb as KY said PD was trying to, i think there wouldn't be a need to do this. .

Back