GT pre-order details out.

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 170 comments
mine is the full Europe maps, but i'll check, because i haven't used it for a long time :)

EDIT: Alright i checked, and if i pass the data from the umd to the ms, it would need 1212MB :dunce: even more than i thought

Last edited:
If it does it then it will be the first PSP game to do it.

I have yet to have a PSP game save that was very large.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite has an option to 'install' the portions of the game onto the Mem stick to allow for faster loading.

As for battery life, I have a PSP3000 and between the games I have on my memory stick and the games on UMD, the battery life difference isn't very much, if at all. Certainly not enough to tell the difference anyway.

I'm buying it initially on UMD, and will pick up the digital version at a later date, depending on when i get my PSPGo!. If they have a great offer for the digital version then I may buy that at launch too. Digital version is going to be close to 1GB in size. Which is pretty impressive, considering LocoRoco 2 was 1.5GB's

I would love the option to install games onto the memory stick. For example, I would occasionally bring the PSP to school and swap stuff from Monster Hunter and MGS: Portable Ops with my friends. I wouldn't bring two UMD's with me (as they would inevitabily get lost) but if I could just install the games and have them all sitting on my memory stick it would be great.

This is what they say..

"Pre-Order Gran Turismo PSP from Play.com and receive a unique code to gain 4 exclusive car colours (see images below). Pre-ordering from Play will get you the Lamborghini Countach LP400 1974 in arancio (top left), the Ferrari Enzo Ferrari 2002 in giallo modena (top right), the Nissan GT-R Spec V 2009 in metallic blue (bottom left) and the Citroën GTbyCITROËN 2008 in yellow (bottom right)! The only way to get these car colours is to pre-order from Play! Codes and instructions will be emailed week of release."

Yesterday I bought the GT Mobile pre-order (10€) in the Portuguese well known fnac store. They gave me a "normal" empty UMD game box with the cover bellow.

If you buy this pre-order of the Gran Turismo Mobile you will receive:
- Special box sleeve (black and silver);
- A Bugatti Veyron PSN voucher;
- 5 exclusives post cards.

have been quite busy lately, so haven't had time to check it myself yet, but are there any news if there will be a GT-PSP bundle for europe. currently i am in europe til october so if they would be getting it, i'd be buying one!

Chris

There will be a GT + PSP bundle.

PSP GO + free GT if you register your psp go online by 7th October

PSP 3000 + GT. Different to US bundle that is all we know thus far.

There will be a GT + PSP bundle.

PSP GO + free GT if you register your psp go online by 7th October

PSP 3000 + GT. Different to US bundle that is all we know thus far.

thanks for the heads up PAP.

I read couple of posts and i heard some stories about PSP GO and PSP 3000, which one is the one i should be getting, the only reason im getting a PSP is for GT:M (need that when im traveling to real races haha)

Chris

Yesterday I bought the GT Mobile pre-order (10€) in the Portuguese well known fnac store. They gave me a "normal" empty UMD game box with the cover bellow.

So it cost you a tenner to pre-order?

It cost me more or less half of the price of the game... it's some quind of reserve...

Now I only need to pay the rest of the value...

thanks for the heads up PAP.

I read couple of posts and i heard some stories about PSP GO and PSP 3000, which one is the one i should be getting, the only reason im getting a PSP is for GT:M (need that when im traveling to real races haha)

Chris

Save yourself some money and get the 3000. The Go is a bit smaller and as a result is more portable but until games are either cheaper via the PSN (Go is download only) or the Go does something better than the 3000 can, it simply isn't worth it. Also if you have big hands, the 3000 might be the better choice because the buttons are smaller/more squashed together on the Go.

Or if you really aren't fussed about the form factor and the benefits of the 3000 over the 1000 get a used 1000-2000. I have both and really there isn't much in it. Only reason I got the 3000 was because I wanted to keep homebrew on my 1000 and the 1000 is a bit heavy in the hand and as a result can't play for too long in bed.

Funnily enough to make matters worse for the Go. The 3000 got a minor price drop in Australia last week.

Save yourself some money and get the 3000. The Go is a bit smaller and as a result is more portable but until games are either cheaper via the PSN (Go is download only) or the Go does something better than the 3000 can, it simply isn't worth it. Also if you have big hands, the 3000 might be the better choice because the buttons are smaller/more squashed together on the Go.

Or if you really aren't fussed about the form factor and the benefits of the 3000 over the 1000 get a used 1000-2000. I have both and really there isn't much in it. Only reason I got the 3000 was because I wanted to keep homebrew on my 1000 and the 1000 is a bit heavy in the hand and as a result can't play for too long in bed.

Funnily enough to make matters worse for the Go. The 3000 got a minor price drop in Australia last week.

omg haha, well thanks for all that info again! 👍 :cheers:

I guess im gonna search the net and look at the price of a PSP2000 and see how much it will cost me in total with the game once its out, or i just buy the bundle.

Chris! +1

Nice to hear we're getting the Bugatti too.

Also, which Fnac was it? (damn these forum rules that don't let me talk in portuguese)

Nice to hear we're getting the Bugatti too.

Also, which Fnac was it? (damn these forum rules that don't let me talk in portuguese)

Hi Guys,

I think all the fnac stores have this... look in the game area... for sure you will find it, it's like a "normal" UMD game box...

I bought it in Alfragide fnac store...

Regards

Thanks masas :D I'll better start looking for it or else I'll have to do 200km to get it there in Alfragide xD

But one thing I noticed is that there are nothing regarding it in Fnac website, weird :embarrassed:

Thanks masas :D I'll better start looking for it or else I'll have to do 200km to get it there in Alfragide xD

But one thing I noticed is that there are nothing regarding it in Fnac website, weird :embarrassed:

Look better because it there under PSP and search Gran Turismo, pay attention on the option "look only material in stock" - don't click on it!

Well, i just came from Sta Catarina's Fnac store, here at Porto, no box with cover or nothing, just the regular coupon, but the guy assured me it would be a national special edition release. They better be telling the truth :ouch::)

Last edited:
I was just in my local GAME and asked about GTPSP and the man hadn't a clue what I was asking for. He told me there wasn't one being released for the PSP. I guess I'll have to take his word for it... ;)

Back