GT pre-order details out.

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 170 comments
Hmm, if it's only special colours I don't care that much. I never looked at the car when I drive anyway :lol:. These 5 cars can be unlocked normally right?

Get them, there's no other way to get them in the special colour. Not even the countach.

Jay

Great :).

Get them, there's no other way to get them in the special colour. Not even the countach.

Like I said, I don't really care about car colours. If I have a choice I'll pick the colour, but we don't even know if we'll be able to do that (with the codes, I mean). So rather than getting a car I don't want, I rather not get anything. Besides, it's more satisfying if you unlock it the normal way :sly:.

So in the u.k do they just send you the codes when you preorder it, because i noticed on the blog that it said "at participating retailers," and i can't find any that mention anything about the codes.

How do you activate it, does the game ask for a code on startup? Or do you put in the code online to unlock a gamesave with that car? What?

How do you activate it, does the game ask for a code on startup? Or do you put in the code online to unlock a gamesave with that car? What?

We don't know yet, Sony hasn't given us that much detailed info yet.

But yeah probably in the PSN redeem code system as Stew2000 said.

CCX
So in the u.k do they just send you the codes when you preorder it, because i noticed on the blog that it said "at participating retailers," and i can't find any that mention anything about the codes.

They normally chuck codes in the manual somewhere.

They normally chuck codes in the manual somewhere.
Do your games not come sealed in plastic?

If I bought a game new and there was something blatantly from the store stuck inside my manual I would be having a chat with the store manager about selling opened products as new (something which GameStop is already dealing with some trouble).

Aren't these codes coming from Sony/PD? (I may have missed this) Or is it completely different to how I got the DLC for COD4, which was in the box on a separate piece of paper tucked in the pocket with the manual.

I may be thinking it's being done differently, to how it is actually being done.

Aren't these codes coming from Sony/PD? (I may have missed this) Or is it completely different to how I got the DLC for COD4, which was in the box on a separate piece of paper tucked in the pocket with the manual.
Was the COD4 DLC a pre-order bonus given to you for pre-ordering from a specific store or was it bonus DLC provided to PS3 users?

When I ordered LittleBigPlanet I got the bonus of the Nariko Heavenly Sword stuff. I placed my pre-order on Best Buy's Web site and they immediately sent me a game case with the code for the DLC inside it, but nothing else. No game, nothing but the code. People who pre-ordered from GameStop received a card with a code for the Kratos God of War stuff. As that was only a special thing for pre-ordering at that store nothing was inside the main game case because they ship out sealed in plastic.

Now, the 20 free bonus songs that come with Rock Band 2 were obtained using a code found on the manual, but that was provided for everyone who purchased Rock Band 2, no matter when or where (or even what system) they bought it.

No, it was the GOTY edition.

Is this offer only from certain stores, not a general "let's boost pre-order sales" promo?

No, it was the GOTY edition.

Is this offer only from certain stores, not a general "let's boost pre-order sales" promo?
They haven't explained the details of how it will work yet.

But generally when they have multiple possible bonuses (you can only get one of them) they have each item only available at certain retailers.

hese promotional offers are a collaberation between the store and the publisher. If you found a GAME voucher in a copy of a game bougt from GAME that doesn't mean that the GAME store opened your sealed case, put thier voucher in and then had it re-sealed. It means the made an agreement to have thier vouchers included in the games that get packaged and sent to GAME stores. It's not really that big a deal, loads of big shops have deals like this on games.

hese promotional offers are a collaberation between the store and the publisher. If you found a GAME voucher in a copy of a game bougt from GAME that doesn't mean that the GAME store opened your sealed case, put thier voucher in and then had it re-sealed. It means the made an agreement to have thier vouchers included in the games that get packaged and sent to GAME stores. It's not really that big a deal, loads of big shops have deals like this on games.
But I have never seen a case in the US where a pre-order bonus code was placed inside the game case. This is mainly because they also have copies for people who don't pre-order, but buy the game the day of launch and aren't getting the pre-order bonus.

Yes, special packaged in bonuses for all sales at a specific store are common (Wal*Mart and Best Buy do it with movies all the time), but that isn't the same as how this works.

EDIT: The US also has some trade issues regarding opened products being sold as new, which is the situation that GameStop is facing a possible class-action lawsuit over.

There was a slight update to the GT PSP pre-order I posted up earlier in this thread.

http://ebgames.com.au/psp/product.cfm?id=14965&refer=productsearch

The special edition will include:

* Special Packaging (outer box tbc)
* Unique PSN Access code for Bugatti Veyron with unique paint finish
* Exclusive PSP wallpapers
* 5 Bugatti Veyron postcards

But it appears that you also get the Enzo according to the picture further up the page.

I have been able to nail down three of the pre-order cars for the US. Basically what I did was look at the LittleBigPlanet pre-order stores because it also had five separate pre-order bonuses.

Those stores were:
  • Amazon
  • BestBuy
  • Circuit City
  • GameCrazy
  • GameStop

Looks like a good enough list, so I began hitting sites. I found three.

Bugatti Veyron - GameStop
Enzo Ferrari - Amazon
Lamborghini Countach - GameCrazy

I am assuming that the GT by Citroen and GT-R will be at Best Buy and Circuit City. But neither site is listing GT PSP at all for the moment.

And before someone says it: Circuit City is back as an online only store. I should know, their advertising emails started right back up as if they never died (kind of like Spock).

I was trying to decide between the Veyron and Countach, but since I can only pre-order from GameCrazy online I believe my decision is made for me. After multiple online pre-order experiences I have found waiting anywhere from two days to a week beyond launch is not what I expect from a pre-order.

I'm interested in the Countach. but more drawn to the Enzo. but that yellow paint should be a normal colour anyway. so i'm just gonna get them the old fashioned way.

I'm interested in the Countach. but more drawn to the Enzo. but that yellow paint should be a normal colour anyway. so i'm just gonna get them the old fashioned way.
The whole point of the pre-order bonus is that the color is a pre-order exclusive.

That does not not mean that you can't get a very similar shade of yellow though.

Placed my pre order today for the "Bugatti special edition GTPSP" from EBGames. Which I confirmed with the retailer that I will get both the Enzo and the Veyron in my pre-order. No offer for any other cars here in Australia unfortunately.

Anyhow just noticed ebgames has removed the special edition I just pre ordered from their website.

amazon japan lists the Gran Turismo as 'first release limited edition, special colour product code included.' But the rest of the title reads as 'original lambourghini countach lp400 special color model (orange) product code included'

I don't know whether that excites me or not. I wanted the veyron!

and here's amazon's offer:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BSC57U/?tag=gtplanet-20

Right I'm a little confused in terms of Pre Orders for the UK

I'll be buying the new PSP Go on release from Gamestation. Of course with Sony's announcement about getting Gran Turismo PSP for Free if you register the PSP Go's unit inbetween the dates of 1st October to the 10th October. As soon as I register the unit will I have to wait for the Downloadable Code to be sent to me or will it instantly appear on my PSN Account? And also since i'm getting the game Free, How will I obtain the special extra cars through the way i'm getting the game?

Right I'm a little confused in terms of Pre Orders for the UK

I'll be buying the new PSP Go on release from Gamestation. Of course with Sony's announcement about getting Gran Turismo PSP for Free if you register the PSP Go's unit inbetween the dates of 1st October to the 10th October. As soon as I register the unit will I have to wait for the Downloadable Code to be sent to me or will it instantly appear on my PSN Account? And also since i'm getting the game Free, How will I obtain the special extra cars through the way i'm getting the game?

Don't ask us, we don't know either, ask Sony :ill:

Latest Posts

Back