GT SPORT AUGUST UPDATE1.25

• Thread starter Sven4057
  • 698 comments
Did Kaz get the memo?
DltMSb0UwAE7GS2

This month i think i have a chance on what is what....

I love Red Bull Ring i never drove there before today i was driving there like 20 laps and it's amazing reminds me a little bit Fuji Speedway a long start straight and some corners too. Great circuit a lot better than the last one i like real tracks more than the fictitious which needs to be really good like Dragon Trail and Maggiore to stand to the real ones.

The mini doesn't even handles like a ff car, the rear dont get loose if no gas.... it feels just weird. GT-s physics at it´s best LOL :yuck:

At least it looks like a Mini unlike Rockstar's Issi Classic in GTA Online which also has off ff handling and doesn't look the right size.

Haven't been on yet due to work and lack of space on PS4 to download the update file (too many video's :eek:) but looking forward to getting
on the Red Bull track later and seeing the new scapes locations et all and seeing if the roulette of fate (daily prize car) will deliver a DLC
car on day 1 of the update.

Funny, I didn't knew that Mini Cooper was made in Germany ! :)

Yes, I had a heck of a time finding liveries for the car searching under United Kingdom... Spent ages looking for it before I realised that it was actually a "German" car according to PD :irked::odd:

That's a really odd pair of lists. The first is odd on a number of levels. Least odd is that it combines the Gr.1 and Gr.X versions of the McLaren, Bugatti, Hyundai and Mazda Vision GT cars. More odd is that it forgets the "secret" dirty #2 version of the Audi R18 2011. Oddest of all is that it forgets the R18 e-tron even exists.

The second list forgets that the 'Ring tourist version exists. Admittedly you can't race on it, but you absolutely can drive on it. Technically it's also missing Northern Isle Infield, but that's not a track you can select to drive on - it only appears as a location for a variety of missions, with several different layouts.

I guess PD have the Mini as German as the marque has been owned by BMW since 2000 when they bought it from the Rover Group.

Mini's are produced by BMW at their plant in Cowley.

While the car in game is technically British (due to its era) , PD are obviously assigning the marque to current owner.

No different to Nissan's made in Sunderland I guess. Doesn't make the car British.

They should give high payouts to the Nostalgia cup since you use old expensive cars at this point.

I want to get all them beauties but haven't played since end of May so i have to sweat to grind all that credit :nervous:

Nice, large update, with one track I was really looking forward to! Also loving the added cars, though the japanese Delta kinda let me down, I was hoping for the EU one for some proper special editions liveries. Still, nice one PDI :cheers:

Well I'm thinking since last month they let us customize our racing suits and this month they give us the Beetle. Then it only makes sense that next month we get this, the VW Schwimmwagen. What better way to show off our new suits in a race? :D This would make for a great Race A one-make.

View attachment 762245

Bathtubs don't belong in racing games.

So Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Lamborghini, Škoda, Seat, Bugatti, Scania also are German and Opel is now French? :dunce:
It is indeed an odd choice to include Mini as a German brand while the VW Group brands have been aligned with their origin countries. Much as Mini is now very much a part of BMW, they're still whoring their British heritage in the graphics and design of their models...

p90289424_highres_mini-cooper-s-3-door.jpg

So Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Lamborghini, Škoda, Seat, Bugatti, Scania also are German and Opel is now French? :dunce:
Yes, but no. MINI (Note uppercase spelling since BMW ownership and not 'Mini' as part of Austin/Morris/BL/Rover etc) identifies more as a BMW 'sub-brand' rather than a manufacturer in it's own right, similar to how Smart is Mercedes' 'fun' brand and up until recently only really offered a small range of products that didn't compete with the main brand.

RR, Bentley, Lambo... etc, whilst brands under the VAG umbrella, still have bases and majority of manufacture based in their respective original countries and offer a wider range of products that compete with each other.

Opel/Vauxhall - Time will tell. I've noticed that their latest TV ads now emphasise 'European Design' which they never played on before.

Are Volvo and Lotus now Chinese brands?

Its the same reasoning.

I feel like MINI under BMW have ramped up their English heritage to a ridiculous degree just to allay fears that they become too Teutonic.

Dont worry about that... just wait until service and parts cost and you know you're in a German car... yes I have discovered just how "German" a Mini is.

Back