GT SPORT AUGUST UPDATE1.25

• Thread starter Sven4057
  • 698 comments
Remember, that you Need At least 60 to 65 GB of free HDD space to do the Install..
The Download is just a patch.
after the download is done, the Patch is Installed.
the Entire Game is then Copied and Patched to a New file.
this is what takes the Install so long.
if it passes the Checksum
the Old File is deleted, and replaced by the New file.
So while it's installing it is making a full 2nd copy. You Must have the HDD space for the 2nd Copy
otherwise it will fail.
Two weeks ago I wanted to update an random game and with over 200gigs free I could not do it because I didn't have enough space( the whole game was 30gb...)

Have you driven it yet?

On RH tires it's very difficult to make it go straight.
Probably because it has a garbage, generic PD tune on it. Having not tested it, I can’t even comment on whether or not the transmission is anywhere in the ballpark for that car.

Car handling with PD base tunes is not an indication of whether or not a car is a “drift car”.

Furthermore, most drift cars, when not drifting, drive like bricks. They have tremendous amounts of understeer, and the back end is extremely planted (soft rear springs, reverse rake, higher than normal rear toe, positive rear camber which turns negative when the car rear squats increasing the contact patch).

If a car is difficult to drive straight when not trying to drift it, it is even harder to control it while sliding.

Whatever, complaining about oversteer on an FR weighing 1200 kg with 600 HP to me is a little bit ridicolous.

Yeah lol. The Amuse aerokit also only just helps you manage that added HP a bit, not automatically turn it into some highly planted group 3 race car. As soon as you add any amount of power to the s2000, it's going to be oversteer central, especially when it's already prone to snap oversteer when stock.

Personally I don't care what it's labeled as, but a group of us ran it around RBR a bit and we all struggled. Then took out the Megane Trophy and got faster times. Both stock on RH tires. And maybe not the best comparison, but the difference is large.

I'm just saying. And don't really care. I remember driving the car in the previous games for a bit, and moved on. And, I'm a big Honda fan.

It’s crazy how mis-informed people can get through a video game :lol:
All on information on what the car is in already in the game. People are either just ignorant or don't read anything.

Have you driven it yet?

On RH tires it's very difficult to make it go straight.
The same can be said about a number of cars but that doesn't make them a drift car.

Yeah, it is a bit weird that they price them so high that they are out of most players reach and then on the other hand also priced out of buying them from the PSN Store.
I just bought 3 of the cheap cars with real money, that is the way i save money up for the unicorns :-/
And that £5-£6 quid is 25% of the retail price of GT Sport today. It’s very easy to see why Sony and PD implemented this form of micro transaction. It will bring in a pretty penny for them from existing customers.

I’m all for giving customers that choice if it keeps DLC free.

Someone uploaded video with ford mark iv and it sounds just like every other ford gt in this game, not even close to the real one. I wonder where they get these sounds from if they dont record them.

Great update PD! I'm excited about mini and Abrath bat 52. Cars that were premium in past GT's don't mean nothing to me because I'm always on GT 5 or 6. I only do GT sport when they add a car that was standerd that has significant value to me or they add a new model that has significant value. Same goes for tracks, and all I care about are real world circuits.

Really nice update, but I wonder why good ol' Kaz didn't tease these new cars like usual, I almost expect it at this point :confused:
Also, the Delta is gorgeous and it drives really nice, definitely one of my favourites here.

In real life yes, but its hardly unattainable in the game. True that it means the good ole grind is necessary to get it as it was with the other cars (And with still no repeatable event that doesn't require you to intentionally set up a slower car just to exploit the bonuses) , but its not like you can't get it.
“Hardly Unattainable” is extremely relative.

Each person has different priorities in the game, and different schedules.

How many Blue Moon races in a KTM does it take to earn 20mil? If a person has limited play time in a week, they have to make a choice - do I want to do sport mode, or online lobbies, or work on a livery, or work on a tune....or do I want to grind Blue Moon for credits? Keep in mind, majority of players who play GT know that those 20mil cars are useless outside of showing off in cruise lobbies. No one races them, if they’re in sport mode we’ll be given them for free....so what’s the incentive to actually get one, other than to say you have it?

Furthermore, once you get any of these 20mil cars, the default tune on them is complete junk, comes with the typical 60/90 damper setup (how generic can PD get???), so it’s not even anywhere close to a representation of what driving the real thing would be like. So you grind for X amount of hours to get nothing more than a 20mil skin that you can show off in a lobby (look how gud at teh game I are!!).

I grind 50+ hours a week, at my day job, so that when I get home, I can enjoy some virtual driving/racing, not so I can spend another X hours grinding for something that I payed money for.

Like I said before, if I want to drive a Mark IV GT40, or a Jag XJ220, or a Ferrari GTO, or a Ferrari 512, or a Porsche 917k, just to go for some hot laps to experience the car, I can do it right now in PCARS, with zero grinding - and it’ll be a more authentic experience on better circuits. Furthermore, I’ve put some effort into my life so that I don’t work for pennies per hour - meaning that the time it takes me to “grind the credits” in real life to buy PCARS along with GTS is a fraction of the time it would take for to grind the credits in GTS to be able to experience PD’s half arsed interpretation of a classic Le Mans car.

There’s no proper career in GTS, but at the same time certain cars are locked behind grind walls. It makes absolutely no sense as a game structure other than being beyond lazy at coming up with a format different from what we’ve seen over the last 15 years.

Even for someone who bought the game for sport mode to have to grind credits to be able to buy all the GT3 and GT4 cars that they’d like to use for online competition, it’s a complete waste of that person’s time.

Also just something else to keep in mind, and this is just my personal account, I just got the game a month ago. So, between getting up to speed in sport mode, completing campaign mode, sinking my teeth into the livery editor, photo mode, building my stable of highway cars with complete tunes, and enjoying online lobbies...when do I have time to grind close to 100 million credits to be able to afford the expensive cars? And what’s my motivation for doing so, other than to say, “look what I got”?

“Hardly Unattainable” is extremely relative.

Each person has different priorities in the game, and different schedules.

How many Blue Moon races in a KTM does it take to earn 20mil? If a person has limited play time in a week, they have to make a choice - do I want to do sport mode, or online lobbies, or work on a livery, or work on a tune....or do I want to grind Blue Moon for credits? Keep in mind, majority of players who play GT know that those 20mil cars are useless outside of showing off in cruise lobbies. No one races them, if they’re in sport mode we’ll be given them for free....so what’s the incentive to actually get one, other than to say you have it?

Furthermore, once you get any of these 20mil cars, the default tune on them is complete junk, comes with the typical 60/90 damper setup (how generic can PD get???), so it’s not even anywhere close to a representation of what driving the real thing would be like. So you grind for X amount of hours to get nothing more than a 20mil skin that you can show off in a lobby (look how gud at teh game I are!!).

I grind 50+ hours a week, at my day job, so that when I get home, I can enjoy some virtual driving/racing, not so I can spend another X hours grinding for something that I payed money for.

Like I said before, if I want to drive a Mark IV GT40, or a Jag XJ220, or a Ferrari GTO, or a Ferrari 512, or a Porsche 917k, just to go for some hot laps to experience the car, I can do it right now in PCARS, with zero grinding - and it’ll be a more authentic experience on better circuits. Furthermore, I’ve put some effort into my life so that I don’t work for pennies per hour - meaning that the time it takes me to “grind the credits” in real life to buy PCARS along with GTS is a fraction of the time it would take for to grind the credits in GTS to be able to experience PD’s half arsed interpretation of a classic Le Mans car.

There’s no proper career in GTS, but at the same time certain cars are locked behind grind walls. It makes absolutely no sense as a game structure other than being beyond lazy at coming up with a format different from what we’ve seen over the last 15 years.

Even for someone who bought the game for sport mode to have to grind credits to be able to buy all the GT3 and GT4 cars that they’d like to use for online competition, it’s a complete waste of that person’s time.

Also just something else to keep in mind, and this is just my personal account, I just got the game a month ago. So, between getting up to speed in sport mode, completing campaign mode, sinking my teeth into the livery editor, photo mode, building my stable of highway cars with complete tunes, and enjoying online lobbies...when do I have time to grind close to 100 million credits to be able to afford the expensive cars? And what’s my motivation for doing so, other than to say, “look what I got”?

I agree with all of this. I personally rubber band my controller for money so I own all these cars without issue. But I really don't understand PD's logic behind having these 6 cars basically totally unattainable for >80% of players. Nobody in the right mind will grind for them and you can't buy them with MTX either.

They should either be prizes (1 for 100% game completion, 1 for level 40, 45, 50 etc) or make them buyable with MTX, or just make every car in the game free. I don't know why GTS, which is a completely new style of GT, has these cars behind a grind wall when the majority of players don't even play single player.

Then I'm not in my right mind because I have grinded for 3 of them already and will own the 4th one by tonight. Absolutely no rubber band used here as I'm behind the wheel for every single mile.
How many races of grinding has it taken you?

What do you do with the 20mil cars that you already have? Do you drive them on a regular basis? Race them in a league?

How long have you been playing the game for? How many hours a week do you play on average (if you don’t mind sharing).

Have you completely enjoyed all your grinding? Or does it feel like a chore that you do because you feel like you have to (note, you don’t, you can buy PCARS, used, for some $30 bucks and get the cars without delay).

Here’s a question...why just those cars in particular behind a grind wall, and why arbitrary 15 and 20 mil price tags thrown on them? Personally, I’d LOVE to see all the VGTs cost 100mil each, it would clean up online lobbies 10 fold.

More GT fudgery, a Mark II GT40 which finished 3rd overall at Le Mans, just sold at auction....for 9.795 million USD. So why the hell is the Mark IV 20 million? Has a Mark IV ever sold at auction for anywhere close to 20mil? In the same vein, the Ferrari GTO should probably cost more than 20mil, seeing as a GTO Scaglietti just sold for 44 million at the same auction. Point being, the 20mil or 15mil price tags are as fictional and made up as the damper settings that PD puts on these cars.

Why are fans of Shelby forced to grind at least a million credits to access their favourite cars, while fans of other cars literally get them handed to them? What have Shelby fans done so wrong that they deserve this grind?

Last edited:
How many races of grinding has it taken you?

What do you do with the 20mil cars that you already have? Do you drive them on a regular basis? Race them in a league?

How long have you been playing the game for? How many hours a week do you play on average (if you don’t mind sharing).

Have you completely enjoyed all your grinding? Or does it feel like a chore that you do because you feel like you have to (note, you don’t, you can buy PCARS, used, for some $30 bucks and get the cars without delay).
Stop harassing the man and let others enjoy the game how they want. Please and thank you.

Back