GT SPORT AUGUST UPDATE1.25

• Thread starter Sven4057
  • 698 comments
Here are some videos of the VW bug, Abarth 500 at Tsukuba and a Ferrari on the Red Bull track.
All are great additions in my mind. A One Make with only the bug would be crazy as it is so slow. It is like driving in slow motion.

15 million car again. Even if I have the money, I'm not gonna spend it for just one car. PD should add them on microtransactions, or, give us option to sell gift cars.

Stop harassing the man and let others enjoy the game how they want. Please and thank you.
Wtf are you smoking??? I’m having a convo with him, on a public forum. Harassment????? WHERE??? FFS, you need to go have a word with yourself.

This is perhaps the most blatant display of a person having absolutely no quality of character, to make the statement you just did. Seriously, do everyone a favour and retire from the internet. My god.

I think you just need to stop for today, take a step back, and relax. You're clearly upset over this stuff. Let cooler heads prevail.

“Hardly Unattainable” is extremely relative.

Each person has different priorities in the game, and different schedules.

How many Blue Moon races in a KTM does it take to earn 20mil? If a person has limited play time in a week, they have to make a choice - do I want to do sport mode, or online lobbies, or work on a livery, or work on a tune....or do I want to grind Blue Moon for credits? Keep in mind, majority of players who play GT know that those 20mil cars are useless outside of showing off in cruise lobbies. No one races them, if they’re in sport mode we’ll be given them for free....so what’s the incentive to actually get one, other than to say you have it?

Furthermore, once you get any of these 20mil cars, the default tune on them is complete junk, comes with the typical 60/90 damper setup (how generic can PD get???), so it’s not even anywhere close to a representation of what driving the real thing would be like. So you grind for X amount of hours to get nothing more than a 20mil skin that you can show off in a lobby (look how gud at teh game I are!!).

I grind 50+ hours a week, at my day job, so that when I get home, I can enjoy some virtual driving/racing, not so I can spend another X hours grinding for something that I payed money for.

Like I said before, if I want to drive a Mark IV GT40, or a Jag XJ220, or a Ferrari GTO, or a Ferrari 512, or a Porsche 917k, just to go for some hot laps to experience the car, I can do it right now in PCARS, with zero grinding - and it’ll be a more authentic experience on better circuits. Furthermore, I’ve put some effort into my life so that I don’t work for pennies per hour - meaning that the time it takes me to “grind the credits” in real life to buy PCARS along with GTS is a fraction of the time it would take for to grind the credits in GTS to be able to experience PD’s half arsed interpretation of a classic Le Mans car.

There’s no proper career in GTS, but at the same time certain cars are locked behind grind walls. It makes absolutely no sense as a game structure other than being beyond lazy at coming up with a format different from what we’ve seen over the last 15 years.

Even for someone who bought the game for sport mode to have to grind credits to be able to buy all the GT3 and GT4 cars that they’d like to use for online competition, it’s a complete waste of that person’s time.

Also just something else to keep in mind, and this is just my personal account, I just got the game a month ago. So, between getting up to speed in sport mode, completing campaign mode, sinking my teeth into the livery editor, photo mode, building my stable of highway cars with complete tunes, and enjoying online lobbies...when do I have time to grind close to 100 million credits to be able to afford the expensive cars? And what’s my motivation for doing so, other than to say, “look what I got”?

All I simply said was even though its using the same time consuming means (Again with no better, effective method), the car can be obtained. I'm not a fan of the current method either as I missed stacking what I earned with the daily login bonus from GT6 and I too have PCARS2 (since you seem to bring that up a lot) but considering I can't paint them on there (Something I enjoy doing a lot on this game if my profile is anything to go by, sometimes more so then actually racing), I'm willing to do this grinding on GT Sport. Maybe you aren't willing to for various reasons, but all I'm saying is they aren't impossible to get if you're willing to do these methods (that or the rare occasion that RNGesus decides to actually give you one of those instead of yet another Tomahawk X).

And also no, I don't do it because "Look how good I am at the game" (a strange assumption towards people who have them). I genuinely enjoy driving the old cars (Even the expensive ones), even more so a lot of times then the modern ones (just one look at the amount of miles I put on my Ferrari 250 GTO will tell you that) so knowing that the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe is now here, a huge favorite of mine from GT2 AND GT6 (That and because I abit of a Shelby fan in general), I'm willing to grind for that even if I'm not exactly thrilled that the price tag has gone up. Of course that's just me, the same person who managed to get the Peugeot 908 within a week of having GT5 because I loved the hell out of that car and was willing to grind like crazy for it (and that's before login bonuses were a thing), but I don't do just to show off.

I think you just need to stop for today, take a step back, and relax. You're clearly upset over this stuff. Let cooler heads prevail.
Duuude what on earth are you high on??? Why, as a third party to the convo, are you stepping in an making massive assumptions???

You’ve accused me of harassing someone when I was just asking some questions to expand the conversation, and now you think I’m all worked up or something?? News flash, you are not Dr Phil, you don’t really know jack about squat.

And you continue your pattern from the Motorsport sub forum of responding to me without quoting or tagging me. Learn some proper forum edicate if you want to play white knight.

“Clearly upset”....I’m having a friendly convo about whether or not grinding is a good thing to have in GT games. Then I just added that I think you have extremely poor character to attempt the stunt you have, based purely on rediculous assumptions about my state of mind....but I’m literally laughing my ass off at you right now.

Take a hike penguin

You’ve accused me of harassing someone when I was just asking some questions to expand the conversation, and now you think I’m all worked up or something?? News flash, you are not Dr Phil, you don’t really know jack about squat.

It's clear you're losing it dude.

And you continue your pattern from the Motorsport sub forum of responding to me without quoting or tagging me. Learn some proper forum edicate if you want to play white knight.

Proper forum etiquette is to not quote the post directly above yours. It's only become frequent due to the alert system.

It's clear you're losing it dude.

Proper forum etiquette is to not quote the post directly above yours. It's only become frequent due to the alert system.
Then he can tag me, hence why I offered both options.

What about my posts indicates I’m losing it?

Why does everyone on GTP try to guess the state of mind of the people they are conversing with?

If anyone in this situation is upset, it’s the guy throwing around accusation of harassment. Everyone was having a perfectly good time until penguin opened his yap.

Cant wait to take my Mini to the livery editor...
bean.jpg

How many races of grinding has it taken you?

I honestly don't know. I do 3 blue Moon races a day for over a million credits then I just do all kinds of things from league's to custom races. So in about 15 days I have 20 million credits again.

What do you do with the 20mil cars that you already have? Do you drive them on a regular basis? Race them in a league?

Mostly don't use them but this new update gives me an event to get them out. I don't have anything else to spend my money on because I have every car but the highest price ones.

Have you completely enjoyed all your grinding? Or does it feel like a chore that you do because you feel like you have to (note, you don’t, you can buy PCARS, used, for some $30 bucks and get the cars

I enjoy it. I've been playing GT from the very beginning so after so many years it's just normal game play to me. It's not like I'm grinding until my fingers bleed or anything. Like I said 3 blue Moon races a day is all the true grinding I really do everything else is just normal game play.

It is strange that they are adding all the high priced cars in back to back to back updates and makes most feel it will be impossible to get them all. But once you have ev

Then he can tag me, hence why I offered both options.

What about my posts indicates I’m losing it?

Why does everyone on GTP try to guess the state of mind of the people they are conversing with?

If anyone in this situation is upset, it’s the guy throwing around accusation of harassment. Everyone was having a perfectly good time until penguin opened his yap.
It is clear you are losing it my friend.

Wtf are you smoking??? I’m having a convo with him, on a public forum. Harassment????? WHERE??? FFS, you need to go have a word with yourself.

This is perhaps the most blatant display of a person having absolutely no quality of character, to make the statement you just did. Seriously, do everyone a favour and retire from the internet. My god.

This is why I stopped posting here. You can't have level headed discussion or debate without someone getting triggered. Its like resetera 2 over here sometimes. To be frank, its gaming communities in general.

I have joined the civic type R forum and the mentality of non gamers is truly an eye opener. You are able to have a debate or level headed discussion without anyone getting hostile or condescending.

When will people realize that if you are passionate about a certain subject or hobby then it will almost always spark a debate or conflicting opinions. There is no reason one should be hostile and be accused of harassment.

Last edited:
Well, I think he's right. You're going off on rants and clearly agitated by people's thoughts and opinions. You've also thrown unwarranted insults in the other thread.
They’re only rants if you read them like rants.

On the Internet, conflict is perceived the the receiver. You guys are the ones who have some sort of issue, and you’re projecting your issues onto my posts, trying make it seem like I have some sort of issue.

Read this thread, there are dozens of comments about the new Shelby being behind a grind wall, I was nearly expanding on that conversation....and having a decent convo about the issue, until you and penguin and ford decided you needed to get upset because I’ve stated I don’t like grinding, and stated why I think it shouldn’t be in the game.

The name calling in the other thread is because three of you have ganged up on me in this thread and accused me of harassing someone, something I don’t exactly take lightly. And while doing so, you’ve provided no logical, well thought out response to my points, just “shut up, go away, youre talking bad things about my favourite game.” And this is exactly how penguin behaves in the motorsport forum, he responds to people without notifying them he has responded to them, and his response is typically “your views don’t conform with the status quo, stop talking and go away”.

Now, thanks to the accusations of harassment and your pathetic support of them, we have got way off topic and derailed the thread.

On the Internet, conflict is perceived the the receiver. You guys are the ones who have some sort of issue, and you’re projecting your issues onto my posts, trying make it seem like I have some sort of issue.

Read this thread, there are dozens of comments about the new Shelby being behind a grind wall, I was nearly expanding on that conversation....and having a decent convo about the issue, until you and penguin and ford decided you needed to get upset because I’ve stated I don’t like grinding, and stated why I think it shouldn’t be in the game.

The name calling in the other thread is because three of you have ganged up on me in this thread and accused me of harassing someone, something I don’t exactly take lightly. And while doing so, you’ve provided no logical, well thought out response to my points, just “shut up, go away, youre talking bad things about my favourite game.” And this is exactly how penguin behaves in the motorsport forum, he responds to people without notifying them he has responded to them, and his response is typically “your views don’t conform with the status quo, stop talking and go away”.

Now, thanks to the accusations of harassment and your pathetic support of them, we have got way off topic and derailed the thread.
We do have a big problem, It is you.

But it's sooooo clear you have an issue.

I haven't said anything about your disliking to grinding.

The name calling in the other thread is because three of you have ganged up on me in this thread and accused me of harassing someone, something I don’t exactly take lightly.

Reciprocating is not the solution.

And while doing so, you’ve provided no logical, well thought out response to my points, just “shut up, go away, youre talking bad things about my favourite game.”

Again haven't said anything like that, I've yet to say a word about grinding beyond "[Citation Needed]". GTS is far from my favorite game by the way.

15 million car again. Even if I have the money, I'm not gonna spend it for just one car. PD should add them on microtransaction
I'd rather they didn't. It's nice to have something that you can't just simply buy with cash.

Plus you can flex on all the people who don't have them in online lobbies.

We do have a big problem, It is you.
So you supported a post which told me to allow others to enjoy the game the way they want, but your issue is with me personally for having a desire to enjoy the game in a way which differs from the status quo. And you’ve told me I need to grow up.

You are so far down the rabbit hole, I don’t even know what to say. The hypocrisy in your statements is mind numbing.

Furthermore, has anyone noticed that the fellow who I was accused of harassing responded to me in a completely logical and reasonable way?? What exactly is your aim here, other than to stop or derail conversation which you have contributed absolutely nothing to?

But it's sooooo clear you have an issue.

I haven't said anything about your disliking to grinding.

Reciprocating is not the solution.

Again haven't said anything like that, I've yet to say a word about grinding beyond "[Citation Needed]". GTS is far from my favorite game by the way.
My issue is that I don’t like grinding in GT games, and would like to see an alternative solution or game structure implemented in the future.

That’s my issue.

Again, multiple people were having a completely reasonable convo about the issue until penguin derailed it with his third party accusations of harassment, and you continue to derail it by making statements about my supposed state of mind.

If any of you three have some sort of personal issue with me or my posts, hit me up in a PM and I’ll let you know what I really think. Now, can you allow this thread to get back on topic (discussing the credit requirements for the new Shelby), and leave your suedo e-psychology aside?

Too bad I just bought the Miura when I could have had the Shelby. That stings. But the St Croix circuit experience was the #1 thing I wanted next, and I love that it was a surprise. Also the nostalgic race car cup is a nice. The XJ13 is so much fun to drive, finally I can put it to better use.

I'd rather they didn't. It's nice to have something that you can't just simply buy with cash.

Plus you can flex on all the people who don't have them in online lobbies.

No more random daily gift car, then I am OK spending that much credits on those cars.

Abarth Biposto looks like something from Fallout, but I really like the lines and the sweeping back is reminiscent of both the Bugatti type 57 and Beetle.

Classic vintage gear changes and only 73bhp so the N100 mixed class I tried first was no good because it put me with 208 GTi's and RCZ's. The custom one make race on Rusty Bull Ring Short was perfect though and it is so sweet around the corners.

My issue is that I don’t like grinding in GT games, and would like to see an alternative solution or game structure implemented in the future.

That’s my issue.

I see it as being no different than the Trophies that are unattainable for most. Only those who put in the hard work will get them all. It's the same for these cars. They are only meant to be for those who put in the work to get them. It gives some of us a reason to keep logging on and playing that would otherwise have nothing else to work towards. If I was giving every car in the game from the beginning I wouldn't be playing this game anymore because I would absolutely have no incentive to play as much as I do.

There is a sense of accomplishment when you put in the work to earn something and don't cheat or get it hand to you.

Yeah, we get it, you can't be troubled to play the game enough to attain the currency necessary to purchase some of the cars. We all understand at this point, as you've repeated your stance several times in an effort to defend yourself from those who'd rather discuss the recent update than engage is discussion about your objection to the games economy.

Back